WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

My first day at my first job

Well as the title says, today was my first day at my first job.

I work at the National Head Office for Toys R Us, out in the distribution center. I am dead. Considering I'm still not in a good sleeping pattern I only had 3 - 4 hours sleep before starting my 7 hour shift at 0830.

There was a few of us that started today and we got shown around until about 0930, then we got to work. Processing and sorting THOUSANDS of boxes, pallets and crates, moving them, wrapping them etc etc.
Now i'm not that strong a guy for that stuff but i kept to it. Some of the boxes were that heavy i had to wait for the older people to get the ones off the top so i didnt risk it falling on me and knocking me out.

We had a short break at 10, then straight back to working. I think i did pretty good considering most of the toys were close to half my body weight such as bikes, basketball hoop sets, huge boxes of crayola crayons, and something called "paint a piggy" that i wouldn't be suprised if it had dulux(sp) paint tins in it.

1230 we had lunch break, and i was thinking who needs a gym when you have this place, get paid to work out :thumbsup:

The people that work there as so kind and nice and god damn theres some really hot women there too! Funny part i found was when the break siren thing went off, one of the dudes there just dropped a heavy box instantly and goes fuck that, lunch time! Lol i guess you had to be there to see the way he did it.

1300 flat out again all the way through to 1530 where we finished the last set and i practically fell out the door and waited to get picked up. I slept all the way home in the car, I can hardly remember getting dropped off and walking inside into my bed.

I only just re-crawled back out of my bed and the time is 2150.

All in all today was quite interesting, and best of all I EARNED $70 WOOT.
Tomorrow I start 0730 so it's going to be a longer day than today. I think i did pretty good for my size, but the thought of it not being peak season ( september - january because of christmas) makes me wonder how tough it will be for me then. I CAN DO IT!

I'm ready to crash again soon, i'm still exhausted and i need a shower. And I have a headache.

Peace.

Dragonfly said:

I work at the National Head Office for Toys R Us, out in the distribution center. I am dead. Considering I'm still not in a good sleeping pattern I only had 3 - 4 hours sleep before starting my 7 hour shift at 0830.

There was a few of us that started today and we got shown around until about 0930, then we got to work. Processing and sorting THOUSANDS of boxes, pallets and crates, moving them, wrapping them etc etc.
Now i'm not that strong a guy for that stuff but i kept to it. Some of the boxes were that heavy i had to wait for the older people to get the ones off the top so i didnt risk it falling on me and knocking me out.

We had a short break at 10, then straight back to working. I think i did pretty good considering most of the toys were close to half my body weight such as bikes, basketball hoop sets, huge boxes of crayola crayons, and something called "paint a piggy" that i wouldn't be suprised if it had dulux(sp) paint tins in it.

1230 we had lunch break, and i was thinking who needs a gym when you have this place, get paid to work out :thumbsup:

The people that work there as so kind and nice and god damn theres some really hot women there too! Funny part i found was when the break siren thing went off, one of the dudes there just dropped a heavy box instantly and goes fuck that, lunch time! Lol i guess you had to be there to see the way he did it.

1300 flat out again all the way through to 1530 where we finished the last set and i practically fell out the door and waited to get picked up. I slept all the way home in the car, I can hardly remember getting dropped off and walking inside into my bed.

Tomorrow I start 0730 so it's going to be a longer day than today. I think i did pretty good for my size, but the thought of it not being peak season ( september - january because of christmas) makes me wonder how tough it will be for me then. I CAN DO IT!

I'm ready to crash again soon, i'm still exhausted and i need a shower. And I have a headache.

Peace.
F U C K I N G D E S T R O Y E D

:rotflmao:

bombchu

b-o-n-e-r
That sounds pretty tough man.
I bet that you're gonna be sore as a bitch for awhile though.
I worked on an assembly line in a car parts company because I'm into engineering (i'd rather do this kind of shit than flip burgers for little bitchy kids with booger encrusted faces). Give it two weeks and you'll be built for your work.

bnccoder

Postaholic
Sounds great. You'll get use to the work and it won't zap you so bad. Hope things go well for you.

Congrats on the new job, Dragonfly. Sounds tough.

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
<% if move = "chit-chat" then %>
MaxPower:
Moved to Chit-Chat for normal conversation. (Johnny's flame came along pre-move. Please disregard. Thank you for shopping WTF.com)

<% end if %>

Welcome to the world of the living. And remember, if you have plans of perusing higher education; don't let the short term seduction of money interfere with your studies.

Good luck in all your future ventures. :thumbsup:

LiberatioN

Trance Addict
paint a piggy? rofl! :rotflmao:

how's the pay? $10 an hour? (70/7...kinda figured)

DIZNUTS

Ñúñ'§ þêG £ègGéÐ /\/\å±ëý
LiberatioN said:
paint a piggy? rofl! :rotflmao:

how's the pay? $10 an hour? (70/7...kinda figured)
$10 p/h aint bad to start....my friend used to work for toys r us in philly and he was only making $8.50 and pulling 10 hour shifts.....they didn't even give him over time.....but anyways good luck with the new job :thumbsup:

breakology

Kiss my Converse
Enjoy blue collar livin' ! it only gets better from here! :rolleyes:

Me Too

I just had my first day on my first job, as a stockboy...DAMN STRAIGHT! Fucking sucks, but hey, money is money. :gun: :rolleyes:

Descent

Hella Constipated
Dragonfly said:

Peace.