WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Headlines My Former Classmate, William Minscher, is being charged with attempted murder.

Descent

Hella Constipated
In this post, I will be defending Will. Valium and other drugs can ruin your life.

Newsday.com said:
Cops: Boy stabbed ex-girlfriend with steak knife

</a> BY JENNIFER SINCO KELLEHER
STAFF WRITER

May 24, 2005

After getting dumped over the telephone, a 16-year-old drove to his ex-girlfriend's Huntington Station home, armed with a steak knife that he used to stab her as she leaned in for a goodbye hug, Suffolk authorities said Monday.

William Minscher, of 310 Plymouth St., Dix Hills, left the girl, also 16, critically injured and staggering home. He was charged with attempted murder, Suffolk police said.

Minscher and Jade Lattanzi dated for several months, Suffolk police said. Over the phone Sunday night, Lattanzi ended the relationship, Second Squad Det. Lt. Tom O'Heir said.

When they hung up, Minscher took the keys to his grandmother's Ford Taurus, along with a 10-inch steak knife from the kitchen of his home, then drove to Huntington Station and knocked on Lattanzi's front door, O'Heir said.

Minscher asked Lattanzi to go outside with him and they walked toward the lawn next door to her Spencer Avenue home, discussing their break-up.

"Apparently the conversation did not go to his liking, and he flew into a rage and stabbed her numerous times," O'Heir said.

At Minscher's arraignment on second-degree attempted murder Monday in First District Court in Central Islip, Assistant District Attorney Harmon Lutzer said Minscher stabbed Lattanzi as she hugged him.

She was stabbed about four times in the arm, back and shoulder about 9:30 p.m., O'Heir said. Minscher drove away.

After discarding the knife and blowing out a tire by hitting a curb, he stopped at a Colonial Drive home in Huntington. He asked to use a telephone, saying he needed to call 911 because he killed his girlfriend, O'Heir said.

Meanwhile, Lattanzi was taken to Huntington Hospital, where she was in critical but stable condition Monday with a collapsed lung, O'Heir said. A man who answered the phone at her home said her family did not want to comment.

Police arrested Minscher soon after the incident and found the knife after he told them where to find it, O'Heir said.

It was not known Monday what ended the couple's romance.

As the allegations against Minscher were to be read in court Monday, his mother nearly fainted while standing next to his defense attorney. Court officers gave her a chair to sit on as handcuffs were taken off her son so he could sign an order of protection for Lattanzi.

Through his attorney, Daniel Belano of Central Islip, Minscher pleaded not guilty. Bail was set at $250,000.

Belano said he planned to look into "possible psychological issues" of his client, who is on probation for a matter being handled in Family Court. Belano said he spoke to his client briefly and that Minscher was concerned about Lattanzi's well-being.

Minscher's mother was able to walk out of court, Belano said. She and two women with her declined to comment. Copyright 2005 Newsday Inc.

I have known William for a long time - all the way back to 7th grade. He was one of those kids who everyone loved, an ADHD kid with a streak of hilarity and surging with comedic creativity. His jokes ranged from everything called "WilliamsCumshot.com," a site where he would post a new cumshot of his every day, to random noises that would interrupt Mrs. Meehan's class, the most hated teacher in school. He got into fights, but they were never that violent. I had my share in middle school, too, but I cannot, and will not fight now.

At the start of 9th grade, he graduated from marijuana to Valium, and by the end of 9th grade he was kicked into BOCES due to low grades and poor behavior. Along with him went my best friend, Joe, and another good friend, Eric. Joe frequently told me about how Will had become a chronic liar, and how all he did in class was sleep all the time due to the high.

He also became combative, aggressive, and hateful. He always had a hard time with breakups, but he was never violent about it.

Sadly, Joe has been trying to "find himself" and hasn't been around for ages. Nobody can reach him, including me. I don't know what William's state has been since January.

I honestly think it's time we fixed our penal system - William needs TREATMENT, not RAPE and PUNISHMENT. It's all fun and games until you interfere with my life...Then it's personal.

I deleted the last audio cassete I had of Will three weeks ago, and now I'm kicking myself in the ass for it.

We all need to take a stand, and fix this piece of work known as the penal system.

FUCKORBEFUCKED said:
I hope they lock him up..... :gun:
He pleaded guilty, he's going to jail. As he deserves to. There is no excuse for trying to kill someone. If you're stupid enough to do those drugs you shouldn't be surprised to end up in deep shit. He is a danger to society and should be kept in prison for a long time. For if he gehts out there is nothing to stop him from doing this again. :thumbsdn: I hope they lock him up for a very long time.

Descent

Hella Constipated
I Hate The FCC said:
He pleaded guilty, he's going to jail. As he deserves to. There is no excuse for trying to kill someone. If you're stupid enough to do those drugs you shouldn't be surprised to end up in deep shit. He is a danger to society and should be kept in prison for a long time. For if he gehts out there is nothing to stop him from doing this again. :thumbsdn: I hope they lock him up for a very long time.
So when he returns to the outside world he will most likely be more angry due to rape/beatings, and never recieve any drug treatment or other forms of emotional and physical help?

I mean, I'm all for a penal system, but a system that combines treatment with penalties would work much better.

Descent said:
So when he returns to the outside world he will most likely be more angry due to rape/beatings, and never recieve any drug treatment or other forms of emotional and physical help?

I mean, I'm all for a penal system, but a system that combines treatment with penalties would work much better.
He fucked up so he gehts punished for it. He might even geht killed in prison. He deserves everything he gehts.

Descent

Hella Constipated
IHTFCC said:
He fucked up so he gehts punished for it. He might even geht killed in prison. He deserves everything he gehts.
It works better when you repair the persons problems, hold them for a bit in a sensible environment, and let them go.

By just penalizing, once the prisoner is freed they commit more crimes, and sometimes commit much worse crimes. The psychological effects are devastating.

In Canada, a minimum security prison has three foot chain link fences around them. You get your own computer with Internet access, a TV with cable, a living room, a bedroom, and a bathroom. Even nicer, you get free psychiatric help, no matter what! Their medium security prisons are upgraded a bit, and you usually have one room with every amenity you'd need. Their maximum security prisons are identical to our minimum security ones.

Every prison there is rape free and gives the prisoner assitance in reforming. Hence, Canada's numbers of repeat criminals are much smaller, and their crime rate is also almost non-existant as a whole. Their slums are like middle class neighborhoods here, and there aren't many crimes in most of them either.

Hasn't hollywood taught us that the treatment will only last a few days, then he will go back to his vicious psychopathics ways? keep him in the coolah where he belongs. :thumbsup:

The problem with the prison rooms there are that they are too comfortable. What they need to do is make every penalty for any crime life imprisonment. Would anyone commit crimes? No. Also the cells would be much different. All it would be is a small room made of concrete. No bed, toilet, pipes, or anything else. Just a bare cell. The bars would be replaced by steel doors. Also they should be sterilized. Would people commit crimes then? No. Problem solved.

Descent

Hella Constipated
I Hate The FCC said:
The problem with the prison rooms there are that they are too comfortable. What they need to do is make every penalty for any crime life imprisonment. Would anyone commit crimes? No. Also the cells would be much different. All it would be is a small room made of concrete. No bed, toilet, pipes, or anything else. Just a bare cell. The bars would be replaced by steel doors. Also they should be sterilized. Would people commit crimes then? No. Problem solved.
You would have a mass rebellion and government takeover due to people who are wrongly imprisoned, as well as an anti-fascist movement, etc.

I can tell you are not serious so I'm stopping this here.

gurlgonewild

Was machen Sie?
d, they should lock him and his dumbass fainting mother/parents up for twenty years. if he had parental guidance he wouldn't of wound up so screwed up. however, this doesn't let him off the hook as he chose to do drugs, let his life slip up and tried to kill the girl, oh and he also had a poor upbringing...big fucking deal.

i hope he gets and does the max. :thumbsup:

You sick cunts. It's all shit isn't it. You don't give a fuck if it doesn't matter to you. Just lock the fucker and get it done with. What ever happened to love? What ever happened to man supporting one another in a strive to survive.

I guess you don't know what it's like when your brother is addicted to drugs, when you know you're other brother is considered dangerous. You don't know what it's like when your dad was in prison 3 times for beating your mother.

I guess you don't know what it's like to look past that and love them.

Magic Hobo said:
You sick cunts. It's all shit isn't it. You don't give a fuck if it doesn't matter to you. Just lock the fucker and get it done with. What ever happened to love? What ever happened to man supporting one another in a strive to survive.

I guess you don't know what it's like when your brother is addicted to drugs, when you know you're other brother is considered dangerous. You don't know what it's like when your dad was in prison 3 times for beating your mother.

You do realize that killers are hard to love right?

Magic Hobo said:

He tried to murder someone. You don't think he should go to jail? He's still a good person even though he tried to kill someone? He isn't a good person and if anyone tries to kill someone they are bad people. Your father is a terrible person and he disgusts me. What a role model. Not only does he beat a woman, but he beats his wife. Classy! A model person to go into the prison that I described earlier. And yes Descent I was serious. If you tried to break someone out of prison you would be tried for treason. It would be a peacefull society. Of course the consequences for breaking a law would be very harsh. If you molested or killed a minor under 18 you would geht life imprisonment. In the conditions I described before. The soldiers could make weapons for the army and be productive. Of course they'd never geht out of prison.
EDIT: Magic, go tell Charley Otera to love and forgive BTK for killing his family. I'm sure you'd geht a wonderful response.

FCC, I get the point you're trying to put across here.

But there are a ton of circumstances, and situations which come into play. These make it hard to make a decision on the matter at hand. In the end, it's probably easier to put these fuckers behind bars, and throw away the key.

For those who have a soul, they try to understand what the fuck is going on, and how this could be happening to people that are close to them in their life. They want to give all the help they can, to get this person/people straight.

People aren't logical all the time, and the heart will fuck you up with decision making.

So in the end, doesn't this make the issue at hand whether or not you're a cold blooded motherfucker, or you have a soul?

Who knows, I'm jes HavokChylde. :thumbsup:

I'm with Descent.

Even though i'm in Aus and i think our system is different to yours, i still believe in finding the problem, and dealing with it. After all it was ATTEMPTED murder. She never actually died, and he did turn himself in, and cooperated with the police. I'm not much for the arguing type so i'll just leave it there.

Dragonfly said:
I'm with Descent.

Even though i'm in Aus and i think our system is different to yours, i still believe in finding the problem, and dealing with it. After all it was ATTEMPTED murder. She never actually died, and he did turn himself in, and cooperated with the police. I'm not much for the arguing type so i'll just leave it there.
Does that make him less dangerous? No it doesn't. He is dangerous and should be locked up. He tried to kill her but she had a strong will to survive and didn't die.
HavokChylde said:
FCC, I get the point you're trying to put across here.

But there are a ton of circumstances, and situations which come into play. These make it hard to make a decision on the matter at hand. In the end, it's probably easier to put these fuckers behind bars, and throw away the key.

For those who have a soul, they try to understand what the fuck is going on, and how this could be happening to people that are close to them in their life. They want to give all the help they can, to get this person/people straight.

People aren't logical all the time, and the heart will fuck you up with decision making.

So in the end, doesn't this make the issue at hand whether or not you're a cold blooded motherfucker, or you have a soul?
The soul is not a real thing. It is nothing but a myth. It cannot be proven to be real, so to me it does not exist. It is about doing the right or wrong thing. He has pleaded guilty and deserves nothing but the worst. He might be killed in prison but it is no loss. He tried to kill someone, and came real close to killing her, so he is a menace to society. If he gehts killed in prison there would be no loss. Only a gain. For what is the harm in one menac to society killing another? There is none. In fact, it makes more room in the prison. Some of you may say I am cold blooded, but I am just a realist. For when you are arrested you should lose all your rights.

gurlgonewild

Was machen Sie?
her life was disrupted by nonesense. but you say she should bare the burden of his actions while he seeks rehab in some facility that will let him out long before her scars have healed? think about it-

physically- the girl has a collapsed lung, this is pretty serious in itself not to mention any complications she might have. either way she will be in long term therapy to treat it.

mentally- she is only a teenager, how traumatizing will it be on her for the rest of her life to experience being nearly murdered by a boyfriend at such a young age?

both- scars; she will have them for the rest of her life unless corrected by plastic surgery, if at all possible.

it may sound heartless to say he should rot in jail for his actions, given the circumstances, but by in large it is not acceptable to be a misfit in society, cause undue harm to innocent people and expect society to victimize the girl all over again by showing unprecedented sympathy for her attacker.

would you be so noble and forgiving if you were the victim of attempted murder?

ChilianFuckFace

Banned - What an Asshat!
You must be responsible for your actions, good or bad. Simple! If he tried killing the girl, he must go to jail.

However, I do not agree with IHTFCC. He is just taking this shit to another level.

We must remember, not all prisoners kill/rape/do drugs while they are in jail. Many of them actually get to work, read and learn. I do not agree with not giving them the necessary tools to better them selves if they want to.

Descent

Hella Constipated
Oh, update on the case.

Firsthand accounts from friends who talked to the victim's and Will's parents are now saying that it was only THREE emo style slashes on the arm, barely any blood at all. The fourth stab was accidental, and that's what collapsed the lung.

Unsubstantiated media hyperbole, just like O.J., Mary Kay Laternaou, and *most likely* Michael Jackson.