WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

My freaking modem died.

BrIONwoshMunky

EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY!
Staff
So the hurricane prolly killed my modem. I'm assuming it got hit by lightning, which is a strong possibility due to the severity of the lightning in the storms that were on the leading edge of Katrina as she cut her way across the Tennessee valley. Supid crap. So, I just wanted to vent, and in order to do that, I've got to use Mom's crappy computer, AND I.E. because she won't listen to me about FireFox. :mad:

BrIONwoshMunky

Staff
I'm well aware that I'm going to have to buy a new modem. That's quite obvious. It's also quite obvious that I just wanted to rant. I know this because I said, "...I just wanted to vent..."

Fire_ze_Missles

Martha Fuckin' Stewart
Hold an exorcism; that should fix that devil within your machine!

BrIONwoshMunky

Staff
I've often wanted to exorcise the Jahova's Witnesses that knock on my door, buy splashing a bit of holy water on them, screaming, "DEVILS BE GONE", then smacking them in the forehead with a bible.

Fire_ze_Missles

Martha Fuckin' Stewart
:rotflmao:

If you did that; the world would have to give you an elustrious title, "Pwner of the n00bs". And with this title would come the gift of 72 virgins, and their mothers (or fathers). Something to aspire for, I guess. :thumbsup:

jamesp

In Memory...
BrIONwoshMunky said:
I've often wanted to exorcise the Jahova's Witnesses that knock on my door, buy splashing a bit of holy water on them, screaming, "DEVILS BE GONE", then smacking them in the forehead with a bible.
/me splashes BWM with Holy Water

The power of christ compels you bitch, yeah you like that?

(Name that show!)

Descent

Hella Constipated
I've never had a modem die on me, I have a Best Data 2400bps modem from the late 80's that still works flawlessly. XT ISA bus.

Actually, I own a lot of modems.

Best Data 2400bps
Hi-Val 56K Modem w/ ESS chipset
Two HP Modems w/ Conexant Chipset
U.S. Robotics 56K ISA modem (Installed in 486 DOS gaming machine)
Sega Dreamcast 56K Modem

Now why the fuck didn't you invest in a good surge protector? The setup I have for my TV cart and computer would give even the FBI a boner. Think dual-phase protection.

Fire_ze_Missles

Martha Fuckin' Stewart
Descent said:
I've never had a modem die on me, I have a Best Data 2400bps modem from the late 80's that still works flawlessly. XT ISA bus.

Actually, I own a lot of modems.

Best Data 2400bps
Hi-Val 56K Modem w/ ESS chipset
Two HP Modems w/ Conexant Chipset
U.S. Robotics 56K ISA modem (Installed in 486 DOS gaming machine)
Sega Dreamcast 56K Modem

Now why the fuck didn't you invest in a good surge protector? The setup I have for my TV cart and computer would give even the FBI a boner. Think dual-phase protection.
:lol: e-penis++;