My friend couldn't save a dime for his fucking life.

TheLampIncident

Modern Moses
It really depresses me to see what one of my friends does with his money. He had a working car stereo, so he decides to blow $900 on a new one. He buys new bass guitars all the time and trades them in two weeks later for half of what he originally bought them for. He never saves his money. Then he complains about being poor all the time. The kid's already comfirmed that he's not going to college, and he hasn't saved up anything, so he'll probably be stuck living in his parents house for a real long time.

You may ask, why do I care? Well, isn't it normal to care about the destructive behavior of your friends? I just hope he wakes up before he ends up in situations that put him in serious debt.

Havok

Mr. Ee
Situations like this suck, I too have loser friends who have no motivation to get their life straight.

All you can do is advise them constantly to get their shit straight, and after time, it might just get into their head.

Or, there's always tough lovin. Just stop talking to him for a while, and maybe his conscious will get to him.

el crotcho

Cooler than sliced cheese
i understand you completely my friend first aof all buys lunch at least five times a week, sells all his videogames and buys them again, and wants to sell the car he just bought and is still paying for, so he can buy another, faster that gets less miles per gallon and has higher insurance.

this is just an example of some of his habbits, his video games:
he has had 6 nintendos,
4 super nintendos
2 segas
7 nintendo 64s
3 ps ones
4 ps2s
3 xboxes
and 3 gamecubes

Easty

Click click boom
elburko8 said:
i understand you completely my friend first aof all buys lunch at least five times a week, sells all his videogames and buys them again, and wants to sell the car he just bought and is still paying for, so he can buy another, faster that gets less miles per gallon and has higher insurance.

he has had 6 nintendos,
4 super nintendos
2 segas
7 nintendo 64s
3 ps ones
4 ps2s
3 xboxes
and 3 gamecubes

Tuse?

well, he's a fucktard with fat tumors.

n00b head

The pron storer
el crotcho said:
he has had 6 nintendos,
4 super nintendos
2 segas
7 nintendo 64s
3 ps ones
4 ps2s
3 xboxes
and 3 gamecubes

I wish I had that many game consoles, I'm getting penis envy

Darklight

Oppressing your posts...
all those consoles is what emu's are for... I got for nes, snes, sega, and ps1... my computer cant hack emulating gaystation2/sexbox/lamecube..

Jeranamo

Tenderony
my friend does this shit all the time. Constantly buys new guitars and shit and then trades them in a few weeks later. Then he bought a bass in which he never TOUCHES.... Spends his money on shit he doesnt need and then tells me, "no, i can't buy that, I'm poor right now" STOP BUYING FUCKING GUITARS AND INSTRUMENTS YOU WONT USE THEN DUMBASS! (sorry for the caps)

dustinzgirl

Banned - What an Asshat!
TheLampIncident said:
It really depresses me to see what one of my friends does with his money. He had a working car stereo, so he decides to blow $900 on a new one. He buys new bass guitars all the time and trades them in two weeks later for half of what he originally bought them for. He never saves his money. Then he complains about being poor all the time. The kid's already comfirmed that he's not going to college, and he hasn't saved up anything, so he'll probably be stuck living in his parents house for a real long time.

You may ask, why do I care? Well, isn't it normal to care about the destructive behavior of your friends? I just hope he wakes up before he ends up in situations that put him in serious debt.

That sounds just like me. CL hates it. He has to hide money from me just so he can save it. I like to buy things, lots and lots of things, mainly for our kids. I tend to think we are rich, but I know we are not.

But my kids look like we are!

fUcCcC

fUCC!!!
el crotcho said:

he has had 6 nintendos,
4 super nintendos
2 segas
7 nintendo 64s
3 ps ones
4 ps2s
3 xboxes
and 3 gamecubes
holy shit!!
damn!!!
u tihnk ur friend can buy me turntables and such???
im somewhat broke, but im not like that guy up there

sugarsickness

Mericuhn in Straya
I hate watching friends ruin their lives. With some of them, no matter how much you talk to them about it, they never change. For example, a certain circle of friends that I'm involved in is really "take relationships slow and steady, don't be a slut, yadda yadda yadda" and when a friend of ours started dating this college guy, we got a little worried. She started going to parties and staying out all night getting drunk and the such. One night one of my other friends had the girl and her boyfriend over for movies, and they started making out at her house... and then later that night online, the boyfriend told the friend who had invited him and his girlfriend over to her house that he thought she was hott and really liked her... after one night. We got around to telling his girlfriend this, and she said she'd talk to him, but later that night she only started babbling about how she and her boyfriend were "totally making out and shirtless and mmm it was good". *sighs* We still don't trust the fucker, but she obviously does... It's kinda gotten to the point where we're hoping that he'll do something to fuck up the relationship just so she can see that her friends that actually care about here were right. I say talk to your friend seriously someday and tell him to shape up... he's the reason why he's so poor all the time... stuff like that. Good luck :)

meh_it_all

WTF.com Sexy Pimp-ette.
I guess you could say it's sad because he just throws it away, maybe one day he will realise he needed to save, but yeah know. It's money...
I only pay for things for my friends, cos I'm nice like that, I feel I might aswell share it.
Even though I don't have alot of money.

BklynCannonball

pffffffffffttttttttttt...
I can totally relate to this. He's just trying to compensate for something missing in his life. Your friend needs to talk and needs to figure out what the hell is going on inside. If you can mentally and emotionally commit to it, it would be great if you can get him to do that.

It sucks that it's musical instruments and not something a little less pricey like collecting matchbooks or something.

Smoke

Banned - What an Asshat!
I'm kinda the same way in a case, when I usually wanna buy some quiznos or something(10 bucks worth of food) I usually end up throwing down on some weed.
I need to learn how to manage my money!
:thumbsdn:

Descent

Hella Constipated
I spend everything I get, except I make wise decisions...I also know how to manage money VERY WELL, but everything is expendable when you are almost 17, so shit :p.

For example, I've been wanting a Sega CD unit for my Sega Genesis since I got it. I'm still waiting until the price is affordable, instead of buying one for $80. I currently have the Genesis 1 (The big-ass rectangle-shaped red and black one), and a Sega 32X (I got it working, a bit of alcohol works wonders), and the Sega CD will finally make my system complete. I also have the Power Base Converter...

Also, I don't upgrade for fun or make impulse buy bullshit. My PC runs fine, I don't need shit right now.

dookie

OMGWTFBBQ!!1!
i have a terrible ebay addiction that has caused me to scrape together coins from around the house, just so i can catch the bus to work
i have just recently stopped bidding on useless shit i don't need, and hopefully things will return to normal again
BTW, i blew pretty much all my life savings a few years back on a $2500 rickenbacker bass. but i've still got the fucker, not that i play in a band or anything, but it's better than owning a shitty korean bass.

BklynCannonball

pffffffffffttttttttttt...
I'm using this one method to help put my spending in check. If I'm in a store and I see something I think I need or want, I grab it, carry it around with me while I browse the store. If by the time I'm done browsing, I still want the item, I buy it. If just having it in my hands for a brief moment was good enough, I put it down and walk away.

And if I'm second guessing it, I say, "If it's still here the next time I'm here and I still want it, then I'll pick it up."

It works for me every time.

It doesn't work like that for musicians though. Guitars and shit. man oh man it's hard to just walk away.

dustinzgirl

Banned - What an Asshat!
BklynCannonball said:
I'm using this one method to help put my spending in check. If I'm in a store and I see something I think I need or want, I grab it, carry it around with me while I browse the store. If by the time I'm done browsing, I still want the item, I buy it. If just having it in my hands for a brief moment was good enough, I put it down and walk away.

And if I'm second guessing it, I say, "If it's still here the next time I'm here and I still want it, then I'll pick it up."

It works for me every time.

It doesn't work like that for musicians though. Guitars and shit. man oh man it's hard to just walk away.

I do that, but I wind up buying EVERYTHING

Billybob

Gimmie Pwnies
Premium
I save my money like there's no tommrow. The only things I spend money for are paintball and Mountan Dew. But them's the breaks when your 16, and make $800 a year.

perry_78

Flame Bait
Spending money is not really much of a big deal at that age. Now I'm not from Uncle Sam's back yard, so I don't have to pay for college, but at 17, does the status of your bank account really matter?

I make around EUR 200 a month, which is reasonable for the little I do and for the fact that I'm turning 17. I like to blow my money on anything I find suitable. My monthly spending on computer hardware amounts to some EUR 150, and you call me a freak? It's my hobby for fucks sake and I don't regret spending the money. If I had to I can sell my stuff and cough up EUR 3000 within a week.

At this point in life I think "saving for the future" is absolutely pointless. You will end up spending all your savings at one point anyway. If you really need something/want something you can and usually do save up.