WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

my fucking knee

ferengi

Yay fire!
Ever since last summer, every now and then I get these intense pains in my left knee. Nothing brings them on, and nothing I try gets them to go away. They just come and go at random. Sometimes the pain only lasts a few seconds, other times I'm in agony for 15 minutes or more.
It's right in the joint, too... itt really sucks. It feels like straigthening my leg out should make it go away, but it doesn't.
I'm going to go to the doctor some time in March and have it X-Rayed. If there's anything seriously wrong to the point where I need surgery or something, I'm going to be pissed.

...Oh, and if the need for surgery should arise, I'll be sure to have the docs take plenty of pictures so I can share with all my wtf.com bretheren. :D

Captain 151

Seeped in a dry Merlot
ill bet you the xray wont find a thing. If its in your knee, i'll bet its either a small acl tear or a meniscus tear, both of which are painful, and the pain varies in intesnity when conditions vary (activity, weather, etc). Ask him for a cat scan too.. or whatever those things are called.

10 stars

Enraged before the storm
the same thing happens to me, but i know mines from wresteling and boxing.
stance changing day after day wears on me.

BrIONwoshMunky

EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY!
Staff
tbsrk said:
ill bet you the xray wont find a thing. If its in your knee, i'll bet its either a small acl tear or a meniscus tear, both of which are painful, and the pain varies in intesnity when conditions vary (activity, weather, etc). Ask him for a cat scan too.. or whatever those things are called.

While your at it get an EKG, an MRI, and a Tox Screen. STAT!

gummi_

Tenderony
Dunno how old you are, but this is what happened to me (im 16 atm ..)

When i was younger as my knee and joint etc were growing or whatever ... the kneecap was rubbing on the joint itself whenever i moved, because there wasnt enough of that stuff inbetween the joint and the kneecap ... so i had to stay out of sport and stuff for a year (lasted 3 weeks before i started playing ... hehe).

Dunno if it helps, but that was quite painful, i had to stop walking in the street sometimes it got so bad. Hope yours is nothing serious!

asdalover

God, i'm bored!
I've got knocked knees and every so often they start hurting like fuck. I need to get them seen to cos I know i'll be out walking in the middle of no-where and they'll go, leaving me stranded on my fucking lonesome.
Woohoo!

Easty

Click click boom
really bad left knee pains...i feel ya. hang in there bro :thumbsup:

solution? two letters...P T.

Bones Suck

Dont you just wish you didnt have bones sometime. That way you dont have to put up with their bullshit. :thumbsup:

Captain 151

Seeped in a dry Merlot
Eastside said:
bullshit. i spent a year and a half in PT for my right elbow that i blew playing baseball. They didnt do shit for me. All they were doing were resistance excersizes, endurance excersizes, and strength training. I could have done that at home, for free.