WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

My fucking mother

Descent

Hella Constipated
Yeah. I'm back early. Who gives a fuck. I'm so royally pissed off right now I could just fucking scream.

In New York City today was the final day of the DigitalLife event at the Javitz center. This was amazingly cool shit. Previewing Quake 4, tech shows and shit, lots of previews of gadgets and best of all, free shit.

I talk to her last night about this shit. You know, "Could ya take me, etc. etc."

She says it may work out. And as more time goes on, she gives the impression that it will.

She knew it meant a lot to me, and she had her own, ahem, "chores" to do without my consent in the morning. Cleaning stuff up, doing laundry, etc.

15 minutes ago she tells me we can't make it. Naturally, I get pretty agitated.

"Well, I didn't want to get your hopes up..."

What the fuck?! She already gave that impression.

You know what comes next? A big fuckin' argument. Of course i was winning, but the bitch can't see things eye to eye.

So ya know, I ask her, "Well what the fuck were you doing for all that time?! That's a six hour gap. I have no clue how it can take that long to do anything! You could have even put it off until tomorrow. It seemed like self-indulgence to me!"

"HOW DARE YOU TALK TO ME LIKE THAT!"

"Why? Because you're my fucking mother?! You aren't earning any respect right now!

Do you ever wonder why these fights occur? For the 500th time, it's because you never communicate anything at all, and you think it helps the situation but it ruins it 100% of the time!"

"God, James, you're such a child."

"Why do you think I never respect you!!? You never repsect me! You know what? Just don't make eye contact with me for the rest of the day. Don't even fucking talk to me."

She treats me like a fucking child. I'm mature and polite, but any kind of criticism makes her flip her shit.

Thanks mom. I so glad I came out of your cunt. It doesn't mean I have to respect you for that. it's an amazing thing called evolution, check it!

I will be 17 in six days. My father treats me like an adult in every way possible. He sees how mature I am, how hard I fucking work in school, at home and everything else.

He sees how I planned ahead, strive to achieve, but my mom doesn't realize any of it.

And my mother and father get along perfectly, but she only acts this way around me.

Has anyone else's mom gone through chemotherapy?

WaFfLeS

Banned - What an Asshat!
My mom does that sometimes, but the thing I really hate is when sheasks me to do something, if I'm on the computer or what not and I say ok I will in a sec, she goes "OKay well it better be done or else you wont be able to go on that stupid thing anymore. It's got so many viruses I have to wait for a half an hour just so I can type in my password, I have to do everything around here all the fucking time, I get no respect for doing stuff for you guys and all you do is sit on your lazy asses and mope! You try doing what I do every day!"

MULTIPLY BY 10

When she's done I say, now if you hadn't have said all that it could have been done already.

And she walks off mumbling to herself.:(

Descent

Hella Constipated
Yeah, but she was fine before chemo :(.

That's the sad part. I want my old mother back.

Descent

Hella Constipated
Alright, I just found out Carmen Electra was there, and now I'm uber pissed.

She's been a total fucking cunt after chemo. That was the final straw. It meant a lot to me, it meant a lot to my dad, I'm cutting her out of the fucking will, and I'm disowning her.

She's not being a responsible parent, never lives up to what she says, she cooks small-ass dinners now because we have a live-in aide and she's 1/4 Jew and cheap as balls, I just can't take this shit. We can afford bigger meals, ya fuckin' kike.

In all honesty, I think it's the Adderall. She was put on it after chemo to help her focus. Well, I've been on literally every ADHD drug on the market, as well as numerous anti-psychs.

I do not think this is normal behavior. These seem like drug-induced mood swings.

I also discovered an old bottle of Dexadrine, that was formerly mine, in her medicine cabinet. I took both that and the Adderall out and hid it in my file cabinet. It's buried under five years worth on manuals, crayons, random computer bullshit, and other nerd paraphenelia I'll never use again. And who ever thought that shit would come in handy?

She misplaces crap so much she'll blame herself.

A few days ago, she said she forgot to take her meds and she was so...nice. Like the old mom.

Fight fire with fire. She'll be unable to blame me. She knows I hate being on those, but she'll truly be off the fucking rocker if she accuses me of dealing it.

Because not only do I have zero outlets, but I'm totally against that shit.

Brain Spout

Wizard No More
mom's tend to be over protective, and even if they are wrong you can't really argue with the fact that they went through child birth for you, have paid for most of the stuff you own; dads are too smart to mess with mom.

Descent

Hella Constipated
WizardlyFriend said:
mom's tend to be over protective, and even if they are wrong you can't really argue with the fact that they went through child birth for you, have paid for most of the stuff you own; dads are too smart to mess with mom.
Dad's and Mom's in the Descent family are one entity.

She wasn't being overpretective. She was being a selfish bitch.

Thanks. I could have met Carmen Electra, tried out Quake 4 and F.E.A.R., and seen the new nVidia and ATi lineups.

Thanks mom. You're a whore. Every nerd's best days rolled into one: Tits, games, and graphics cards.

I mean, my dad even wanted me to try to find some CD-R's.

And then I hear her and my brother say that I said "Fuck You" to her. ***** please. My father views that as the biggest capital offense ever - hence why I never say it anymore. I don't want to be sent away.

I'm pretty sure she told my dad too, but in all honesty man, my father would believe me if I explained rationale because he's very logical and a brilliant man.

I was the fighter in my family for soooo many years. The pills really messed me up.

Not a good track record. I keep a personal log of every time I say "fuck you" to her because it's one tally mark closer to hell.

Brain Spout

Wizard No More
she may have been over protective and just used other things as excuses. i don't really know your family that well, or the entire situation. if you were going to this thing alone she may have not wanted you to go, but at the same time either didn't want to embaress you by telling you why or get into an argument about it. moms can imagine the craziest shit.

Descent

Hella Constipated
WizardlyFriend said:
she may have been over protective and just used other things as excuses. i don't really know your family that well, or the entire situation. if you were going to this thing alone she may have not wanted you to go, but at the same time either didn't want to embaress you by telling you why or get into an argument about it. moms can imagine the craziest shit.
I know my mom. She's never worried about that.

Besides, she was going to take me there.

wow, i am so srroy dude, my mother was complete fuck up too (dad great though), got kickied when i was 19 and going to local college. did not talk to her for 3 years, now i am , but in small amounts (30 monutes top right now a week) and never see them except in public places (she used to hit me alot even at 19). Now she is the greatest mother ever! She listens to me, never yells anymore(cause i hung up on her if she does), we have actually adult to adult contact. If goes parent to child, nope i walk away, and try again later. mabey you could try that with her, if she starts treating you like a kid just say something like, "sorry i can talk to you right now, because i can not have adult conversation with right now (even say your to angry, not because she is being a bith, makes you look better), lets try again 15 minutes." Then try again, and repeat the process as necessary, mabey ask to have your dad to kinda mediate. jsut try to delay and give her time to calm and think, and you look good trying to me adult like:)

UberSkippy

a.k.a. FuckTheBullShit
This is what's different about the world today. Had I ever said "Fuck You" to my mother or called her a "whore" it would have been the beat down of the century. No matter what the cause or what kind of argument we were having. I'd have been beat. Period.

It's not polite, mature or respectful. I know you're pissed, or were pissed, but it's not a once in a life time deal man. It happens every year. Rather than yelling and screaming the better track would have been "Well, yesterday you DID give me the impression we were going. I'm kind of hurt that you let me think that knowing how much it meant to me and now you're backing out." It might not have changed anything but throwing a hissy fit isn't helping. You want her to treat you like an adult but you toss down a temper tantrum when you don't get your way.

I'm not picking on you... really not. Just pointing out a more adult way of dealing with it. "FUCK YOU!" isn't good communication. Good communication consist of reasoned expressions and explanations of feelings and expectations.