WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

my good find

tzedek

Original Member
i got one of the tualatin - based celeron cpus. its a 1.2 $25 basically the only difference with the celerons (the tualatin based ones) is that it runs on 100 fsb instead of 133. sounds like a bad thing, but it is actually a good thing. leaves a lot of room for overclocking. very excited :D

Razine

Chaotic Smacktard
tzedek said:
i got one of the tualatin - based celeron cpus. its a 1.2 $25 basically the only difference with the celerons (the tualatin based ones) is that it runs on 100 fsb instead of 133. sounds like a bad thing, but it is actually a good thing. leaves a lot of room for overclocking. very excited :D
ok tzedek, keep it in your pants now

Descent

Hella Constipated
Pretty cool. I heard that the Tualatin Cellies are great OCers, but I'm an AMD fan, so I may be wrong.

Now all you need is a "ricer" case, and some silent fans and a PSU to match, and you will have a guest machine that you cannot even hear!

May I recommend Bestec's 250w ATX PSU? It's cheap, at around $24.99, has decent voltages, and is inaudible. It also weighs a ton and is very well built. It's core voltages are dead on, making it great for OCing. The 12v line is only 11.7v, but it powers my 9700 Pro with no hiccups or freezes.

It can go WAY higher than 250w. I'm running about 340w off of it with no fluctuations in voltage, and no compromised stability.

tzedek

Original Member
so i finally got this thing. got it up to 1333 on stock voltage so far, stable. going to take it father right now :D

got it up to 1356 completly stable. I took it up to 1416 but it would crash under any load. If only my mobo could change the voltage. :(

pretty cool, my oc'ed celeron runs about the same temps as my stock p3 chip did. Of course i have an aftermarket hsf for the celeron, but still :D

Descent

Hella Constipated
Sweet! Good luck. Now all I have to do is get a new motherboard for my shitbox. I think my old ASRock K7S8XE+ is finally kicking the bucket. I'm gonna stick a Chaintech in there.