WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

my grandpa is going blind

my grandpa is going blind and i have to set aside my hate for other family members and spend time with him.dont get me wrong....i love my grandpa.hell he even ratted out his own daughter and told my dad that she was screwin behind his back.My grandpa is awesome!but sadly he keeps having heart attacks and soon i am afraid he will die.the even sader part.....i will have to sit in the funeral home room with my mom and my brother andrew and some other family members i hate.but if it's for my grandpa then fuck them I'll do it...wont be happy doing it....but i will.now i have to go.going to go spend some time with him....he wants to see me while he still has some sight in one eye....he hasn't seen me in a while because i let family hate get in the way.god i hate my mom.god i hate andrew.god i wish they would just go fuck off

otepsoul

Bringer of Bees
that sucks. spend the most time as you can with him.

Seije

The Stranger Returns...
yea dude, screw them...ur grandfather isnt going to live forever, u should do what u can with him while u have the chance

wish I did a year ago before...well u get the picture

Seije said:
yea dude, screw them...ur grandfather isnt going to live forever, u should do what u can with him while u have the chance

wish I did a year ago before...well u get the picture
awwww me so sorry :hug2: :cookie:

Seije

The Stranger Returns...
eh whatever..i've learned to move on, death isn't something i'm afraid of so it doesn't bother me

but my grandfather was a great checker and chess player...louisiana state champion for like 3 times in row
before he passed on last august, he was at the south carolina chess tournament..he tied for first place
I saw him like a couple weeks before that, cousins and all of us met up and had a trip...i got to play him in a couple games...and yea he kicked my ass
i didn't know u can lose in a few turns in checkers

i'm not one to be sad at funerals, i hate funerals really...i know it's disrepectful to not go, and i did go, but there's too much death and sadness in the air....i can't stand sadness..it's nothing i've ever done
but i do at times regret missing oppurtunities...People think they'll never die, or not for a while,,truth is, I wouldn't assume that...do what u can now before it's too late

oh btw...my grandfather died from what they believe to be a heat stroke, and minor heart attack......k, i'm done here

morelos

lexicon incognito
pissed-biotch - i'm sorry to hear your grandfather is going blind. my last grandparent, my paternal grandmother, is currently combatting throat cancer which extends from her tonsils to her lung. she has radiosurgery sessions as well as chemotherapy sessions, and for an emaciated 96 pound 76yrold woman with one-quarter of a stomach (three cancerous ulcers removed in the '80s, only a fourth of her original stomach is left), that's a lot.

the stomach was so small they had to surgically attach a feeding tube; they couldn't get the tube in the regular way (in the nose and down the throat).

ironically, she eats more now that she can just pour it in.

but a death, an illness, a loss of any kind in the family can be brutalizing, especially depending on what particular role that person plays in that family at that moment. in my case, my grandmother is the last matriarch of an italian family. the thirty-some-odd of us i know will be split into five- and six-person near-family units after her death.

anyone going through loss, you have my condolences.

~ dan ~

voiceofreason

Seeker of Truth
Spend as much time with him as you can. I'm sure he needs your attention, and some reassurance. Besides thinking about his illness, he has the bigger issue in thinking about "moving on"...

Don't worry about the funeral, they are only for the living...

skylinec

Somewhere in the Between
hate is a strong word................don't use it if you don't mean it in your heart of hearts....................you should never hate a family member

</rant>

Tenderony
_pissed_biotch_ said:
my grandpa is going blind and i have to set aside my hate for other family members and spend time with him.dont get me wrong....i love my grandpa.hell he even ratted out his own daughter and told my dad that she was screwin behind his back.My grandpa is awesome!but sadly he keeps having heart attacks and soon i am afraid he will die.the even sader part.....i will have to sit in the funeral home room with my mom and my brother andrew and some other family members i hate.but if it's for my grandpa then fuck them I'll do it...wont be happy doing it....but i will.now i have to go.going to go spend some time with him....he wants to see me while he still has some sight in one eye....he hasn't seen me in a while because i let family hate get in the way.god i hate my mom.god i hate andrew.god i wish they would just go fuck off
Mine died recently, I was with him as much as I could be. It sucks, but you have to be there for him. Not them. Go see him when they're not there, whatever. Just don't not go see him, that will fuck you up more in the long run.

</rant>

shep

Local alcoholic
"Don't count you chickens before they hatch" or he's not dead yet and he might be stubborn enough to live till he's 90.My grandmother is 75 and can out drink me,really she can.Three heart attacks later and she's still poundin back the beer's.She's just too fuckin stubborn :thumbsup:

lynduhland

Prone to Bad Karma
i know how you feel, unfortunately my family wouldnt let me see my grandfather before he passed away. the only member in the family who ever told me that i was a great kid and didnt call me stupid was him. i miss him the most. set aside those feelings and enjoy everyday with your grandfather as if its your last.

best wishes :hug2:

Signify

Particinator
is the whole somber "feel like shit" ceremony what your grandpapy wants?
my grandma wanted us to have a giant bash so we did and all got drunk, telling stories about her.
life is what you make of it. Did he have a good go at it? if so hes probably almost ready to let go. Have a good time with him while you can.

mariusthegreat

:: What Ebonics ::
being as to how this was opened over a month ago...how is he doing? i really hope all is going well...

mariusthegreat said:
being as to how this was opened over a month ago...how is he doing? i really hope all is going well...
he got worse....he's now offically blind,i spent tons of time with him,i almost ran into my mother while there but my stepmom was outside and my mom got scared away....i was told he's going soon so I'm upset about that....I haven't told my friends yet,so they have no clue why I've been down lately....I'll tell them soon.I'm about to go to new york to go to a wedding.We almost didn't get to go due to the damn hurricane's we've been getting pounded with but because this is my last living brother that's getting married I'm not going to miss it for the world.I'm starting to not let my dislike for other family members screw up my time with the ones i love.It's hard and all but I'm doing it....wow that was long a slightly depressing

skylinec

Somewhere in the Between
_pissed_biotch_ said:
he got worse....he's now offically blind,i spent tons of time with him,i almost ran into my mother while there but my stepmom was outside and my mom got scared away....i was told he's going soon so I'm upset about that....I haven't told my friends yet,so they have no clue why I've been down lately....I'll tell them soon.I'm about to go to new york to go to a wedding.We almost didn't get to go due to the damn hurricane's we've been getting pounded with but because this is my last living brother that's getting married I'm not going to miss it for the world.I'm starting to not let my dislike for other family members screw up my time with the ones i love.It's hard and all but I'm doing it....wow that was long a slightly depressing
keep the faith