WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

My mom fucked the computer up

Well as you all know my mom sucks at computers so basicly she has to get on the computer(theres only one) to do her stock on martha stuart and some shit like that. And after she went off the computer is fucked up like i can not go on flash sites anymore because it crashes.

*pause this happened two months ago after i got this computer FIXED twice which all together costed 250$ and i had to pay for it twice unpause*

Yeah but thanks to my dad he bought me a dell computer and my mom goes "I want that computer and you can have the old one" And im thinking to myself "wait a minute who the hell made my computer crashed out and bugged? yeah thats right you did" (sarcasm). So yeah the dell computer is coming soon in about a month i dont know what the hell to do because i know my mom will be sneaking to get on it help.

well I'm not sure how well this works on microsoft's shit software .. but on a macintosh you can create another user and it's like their own computer and cannot effect your account at all. I know it is possible on a PC but I don't know if it works the same way.

Descent

Hella Constipated
I would reformat and reinstall Win$hit on that that PC. Then I would password it so only you can get on.

Don't give out the password to anybody, not even your friends. Lockdown is the ultimate way to keep people off your PC. Only my brother knows my password, I don't even tell it to my friends. On top of that I run Windows Server 2003 so no one will be able to get my password from a boot floppy.

BTW, I had the same problem you did once...Hand me down computers, and paying people to fix it. I now build my own and I repair my own machine, and I know you can do the same if you apply yourself. I have a pretty bitchin' box myself, if you want to see the specs, PM me.

Descent

Hella Constipated
I have another idea. Tell your piece of shit mother "My dad is buying that for ME and you cannot use it." Proceed to password EVERYTHING...get programs to lock down everything on that system. Make them super long and unbreakable, I mean 10 characters with special sybols such as @, ^, (, and numbers and letters. Have only ONE user account. Complain to both your mom and your dad about letting your mom on. Tell your dad that your mom always messes it up, and that money always comes out of YOUR pocket for it.

Do you live on Long Island? If you do, I'll PM you with my address and I'll set up that machine so that NO ONE can get on :).

The_DEAL

FAILING @FAILING!
put linux on the old puter and you mom wont wanna touch it
mine dosent

otepsoul

Bringer of Bees
wwefan300 said:
Well as you all know my mom sucks at computers so basicly she has to get on the computer(theres only one) to do her stock on martha stuart and some shit like that. And after she went off the computer is fucked up like i can not go on flash sites anymore because it crashes.

*pause this happened two months ago after i got this computer FIXED twice which all together costed 250$ and i had to pay for it twice unpause*

Yeah but thanks to my dad he bought me a dell computer and my mom goes "I want that computer and you can have the old one" And im thinking to myself "wait a minute who the hell made my computer crashed out and bugged? yeah thats right you did" (sarcasm). So yeah the dell computer is coming soon in about a month i dont know what the hell to do because i know my mom will be sneaking to get on it help.
bring the modem to skool with you.

Hypertron

Asshole of the Year
heres a idea...your dell will more than likely have Window XP, so make her a user profile the limited setting so she can't do shit...there ya go easy as that. if not just put some gentoo linux on the old computer make her a profile and she won't be able to do shit because she will never use the root user.

Thank you guys i will be sure to make sure she wont get on *evil Grin*

joejoe3232

Fresh Meat
Heres what you do. Dont bother with lunix, as it sucks. Convince her that she dosn't need all the fucking power that the new computer has. All she does is check stocks, you could fuckin do that with a $100 computer. Just reinstall win on the old comp and give her that one.

-BWA! AH HATE PARENTS AND COMPS, THEY DONT MIX. LIES!!! TELL THEM LIES!!! BWAHAHAHWHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seije

The Stranger Returns...
same here...I finally bought everything I wanted in a pc and built it myself and I know how to fix things aight
i got some pretty nice specs too now, i got tired of slow computers that wouldn't run the cool games....all changed now

DCSkater

Night Light Suckaa
so me and my mom go to sams club to buy a new computer, i hurried up and told the best one's (none of them were good but they were better than my old one).... so then we get home i put it together and i kicked out the house (its was a nice day) come back and my mom added all this shit to my comp and now its slow again....... she claims its faster....... Right....... :mfinger:

Icarus

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
My best advice is to destroy your computer.

And then your mother.

Heh heh heh. Just kidding, but that sucks major. You should take off everything she put on... and then put up a desk top telling her to suck it.

Seije

The Stranger Returns...
i agree, lol....jk DC

but u should try to erase everything she put on...do u have your own computer then? I didn't know that

mariusthegreat

:: What Ebonics ::
DCSkater said:
so me and my mom go to sams club to buy a new computer, i hurried up and told the best one's (none of them were good but they were better than my old one).... so then we get home i put it together and i kicked out the house (its was a nice day) come back and my mom added all this shit to my comp and now its slow again....... she claims its faster....... Right....... :mfinger:
its a new computer...it has xp....set her up with a limited...restricted account.....youre admin..she cant fuck with your shit..install....change settings or any of that....good luck to ya man...

Shurikane

Raging Hermaphrodite
wwefan300 said:
So yeah the dell computer is coming soon in about a month i dont know what the hell to do because i know my mom will be sneaking to get on it help.
Password the BIOS.

Password the screen-saver.

Set a corner of your screen so that it goes auto-screen-saver.

Password the Windows login screen.

Don't write the passwords down. Ever.