My mom is disabled, and I don't know if I want to move in with her, or move her into assisted living.

BeautifulSniper

Lovely and deadly
Premium
My grandpa is dying. My mom is living with him, and is disabled to the point where she can't take care of herself.

She wants to live with me. I want to live on my own and not worry about family, but the thought of putting my mother in assisted living makes me sad. I'm so torn on this and I don't know what to do. She has a caseworker to talk to, but I have no idea how they are going to help her live independently.

Last edited:
  • 1Sad
Reactions: 1 user

BudVugger

Jergens
Premium
Between your combined incomes can you afford a duplex type set up or a mother in law suite with in home care?

• 1Helpful
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

BlastemSkyHigh

The Original Fuck You Bomb
I'm not one to tell peoples how to live their lives,
But I do know for a fact that that if either one of my parents were still alive, I would take care of them till their dying day,
And I would do it with pride and love...
I had a shitty upbringing, my father was a physical and mentally abusive alcoholic, and my mom had to take the punishment and abuse for us and herself when dad was in one of his rampages,
Dad worked for Sunkist as a treasurer and mom was factory worker in a newspaper shop,
I finally forgave my father and have always loved my mom, they ended up dying alone with me far away and not able to get to them,

I regret with ever fiber of my being that I couldn't say goodbye or be there to help care for either one of them,mom died in a assisted living home that my siblings put her in without me knowing about ( because they know I would break her out ) and dad died on his own from a heart attack,
Take the time to appreciate The Time You Have Left with your mom and granpa.