WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

my mom's a bitch

have any of u guys hada problem where your mom goes through EVERYTHING???????? i mean she makes you save ur msn conversations and she claims she doesnt check them but then as ur sitting up stairs reading a book she goes down there and you follow her and whta do u see? her bringing up your conversations u just had! WTF?!?!? and dont try to tell me that she's worried aobut me cuz i know she's not. if someone says somethting to me thats inappropriate and i CHANGE the subject, i GET IN TROUBLE! kinda sayin sumthing right? thats why i have convos that i know she'll ground me for and then i delete...whatever...my moms a bitch :mfinger:

JLXC

WTF's Official Conspiracy Fanatic
Premium
ChilianFuckFace said:
She is doing her job.
Yep. you may not realize it now, but being a parent is fucking hard. Trying to make sure your kid doesn't grow up a psycho is hard. It's just hard, cut her a little slack.

ReiMeishin

Dreaming to live
You have two choices:

1) Go along with it and get used to it.

2) Subvert her, which will probobly end up getting you in more trouble than you already are.

You are dependent on your mother. That means she calls the shots whether you like it or not. It rarely seems fair, and it is never fun, but if you are not going off on your own you don't have much choice.

stxrwhore

learn to swim..
one time my mom read my livejournal, and she found out i was stealing her pain pills from her. i'm kinda glad she found out, 'cause i got help &now i'm uh..pill-free :mfinger:

ChilianFuckFace

Banned - What an Asshat!
stxrwhore said:
one time my mom read my livejournal, and she found out i was stealing her pain pills from her. i'm kinda glad she found out, 'cause i got help &now i'm uh..pill-free :mfinger:
See that is what moms are all about. I am glad you are doing better now stxwhore.

Lost86

i give up!11 /wrists
My mom went through all of my shit when I was about 13. She found a bunch of suicide letters amongst other shit. I'm also glad she found them, cause then she helped me get out of my stupid little adolescent rut. Not to blame my childish behavior on anyone, but a big influence in my life at that time was one of my "friends." My mom took that "friend" away, by moving me to a different school and things got better. :thumbsup:

.!.^.^.!.

'United by Fate'
Ye man you shouldnt hate her 4 it, you must of had sumit to hide in one of your msn convos. Or else you wouldnt be mad at her for looking. Just chill out man, im only a kid myself, and yeh my mom does annoy me and she moans on and on quite alot, but like everyone has been saying its a parents job to be curious. Just cut her sum slack, you owe her that much.

CopyLifted

Funnier than a 5th grader
When you're all grown up and out of the house, you can do all the cybering you want. Until then, live with it. She loves you. She is only trying to protect you.

Without knowing you ourselves, maybe you have given her a reason for her actions. We will never know, I'm sure.

BklynCannonball

pffffffffffttttttttttt...
Mom looking through everything? Nah guys, that's a bit too intrusive. There's obviously something wrong there. You two need to work on communicating with one another. Stop saving your ims. If she pulls weight on you just be very frank with her. "Mom, if you want to know something about me, just ask but please give me some space and privacy." Something to that effect anyway. It's not cool.

yeah

i've tried to talk to her about it...nothing seems to work and i've stopped saving my convos and she told me to stop deleting them..she checks after i go to bed...i've watched her do it..and i dont hate her i sometimes hate the things she does

ThomConspicuous

Inconspicuously Informal
Aside from her concern, I'm sure she's been influenced by some sort of parent group. There's not much you can do about it, except be creative about what you do.

I remember way back when the churches released blacklists of bands (early 80s). Dead Kennedys was on top of that list as well as AC/DC on there some where. I ended up with half my music collection in the trash....I recovered it and kept it in a locked box out in the woods of a local park.

I'm pretty sure that parent groups are handing out propaganda <sp?..too lazy to look it up> on how to 'handle' their kids nowadays. Not having any kdis of my own I don't know, but I've heard this from some co-workers.

The ironic thing is I think this sort of oppression made me more rebellious back then.

dustinzgirl

Banned - What an Asshat!
Unless you pay your own internet bill, paid for the computer, paid your share of the electricity, paid your share of the rent, and I would assume, food, you have little room to talk. I will go through my childrens things when they are that age, and I will monitor thier chat logs, and thier internet use. You know why? Because it is my fucking money, thats why. Because I brought them into this world, and I own them until they are 18.

Well, thats a mother's perspective.

and another thing you kids should understand, parents dont do this shit because we are assholes. We do it because we worry. because we are scared. Because the world is a fucked up place.

But most of all, parents act all insane because we love you. even if you don't think we do, we definetly do.

And I dont need a fucking pussy ass parenting group to tell me that.

void

Banned - What an Asshat!
amen.. kids have no idea regarding the predators that exist on the web.. if your mom wants to read your shit you have two choices.. let her.. or stop writing the shit..

DG had it when she said that you are owned until 18.. now go write a fucking emo song about how unjust that is..

ThomConspicuous

Inconspicuously Informal
dustinzgirl said:
You know why? Because it is my fucking money, thats why.
Amazing, well I guess that's love...

Paying for cable doesn't mean your kids won't eventually sneak an 'R' rated movie. Me personally I'd just be concerned my kids weren't being lured by strange people on the Internet and have more discussions about how dangerous it is. Influences come in many forms and the Internet isn't the most dangerous one...friends, literature, and experiences out of the parent's control affect this as well.

I may have been too rash in my assumptions all are influenced by parenting groups, but I guarantee those that don't know the Internet so well (and definitely don't subscribe to WTF) need guidance from such information. The problem is that the idea is often interpreted incorrectly and sometimes parents become overwhelmed by what they don't understand...thus leading to what can be construed as Over-protection.

I was just trying to be coy and add some insight between the gap of rebellious adolescence and parenthood.

If you didn't question your parent's authority...you must have blanked out your childhood. There are two sides of this fence..eventually you'll both sort it out. I'm not sure reading a forum all about 'What The Fuck!' will help if you get found out though.

dustinzgirl

Banned - What an Asshat!
ThomConspicuous said:
Over-protection.
I would rather have overprotection then worry everyday about what they are doing. I'd rather be overprotective than have to worry about my 13 yr old cybering with some 40 yr old pervert. I'd rather be over protective than worry about what my kid is doing when they are out.

My parents were not authorative. You showed them respect, cuz my mama would have whooped your ass, but I did whatever I wanted. Thats why I got knocked up at 17.

So yeah, mabye I am a psycho mom. Im fine with that. My kids will be fine with that, because they already are. they think I am insane, and Im cool with that. I'd rather have my kids scared to fuck up because their mom will beat them and thier friends than have my kids out doing whatever the hell they want whenever they want.

ThomConspicuous

Inconspicuously Informal
I'm totally cool with that. Everyone worries...especially parents...and especially more Moms.
I was very rebellious with my mom...and did really stupid shit that could have gotten me killed. In retrospect I'd hate for my children to get themselves into those situations.
I've got a very close relationship with my mom now..actually both my parents.
I've just observed it as common for children and parents to go through their struggles, rebellions, misunderstandings, differences...call it what you will.
But now, when I tell my mother things she didn't know, we laugh about it.

So, the point I was trying to make....ehhh forget it. Good luck ilovemusic, I'm sure you'll find some common ground. It might be better for you to be more honest and stop deleting those messages...you know your relationship best and I'll bet money that you gain many maturity points when you figure it out.

Apologies for assumptions made in my posts...I am quite sauced and bored.