WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

My parents can suck my dick..

Sudite

Your favourite day dream.
Oh if only I were a boy.. :\.

My father - Takes my guitar, so now I can't practice my songs for Coffee House (talent show in school) which is on Wednesday, and/or write more songs and/or go to band practice. He's been nothing but depressed or in "I hate the world" mode and it's fucking pissing me the fuck off. The only thing that makes him happy now a days is "Glooooorriiaaa" :rolleyes: his girlfriend, who has a boyfriend (of 15 years and is considered married to this guy). He says she's his 'soul mate' oh fucking hell, here we go AGAIN :rolleyes: :mad:. Seriously though, he's all "I don't want to make her chose, and I won't," yet every other fucking day he's moaning and/or bitching about how much shit he's gone through for her, and how he (and I quote) "Loves" her.. :rolleyes: I mean, come ON father! There are SO many more fish in the fucking sea! And he doesn't take any care in noticing how much this upsets me! OR how much shit *I* could get into if her boyfriend ever fucking found out! GRRRRRRRRRRR

Know what's funny? ''Gloria,'' isn't even her real fucking name.. It's what I have to call her because I'm not allowed to know her real name... Or anything about her for that matter. All I know is; it's got to stop. He goes out real late at night to go see her, leaving me at home alone, SLEEPING.. I mean, sure if he gives me some before-hand notice I don't mind.. but when I wake up and I'm in an empty house it's like; "Jee thanks, fucker. I mean, father." I can't stand my father..

My mother - Lives about a 10 minute walk away, calls me everday, and buys me stuff. She's great. Until I've been at her house for more than a day or two (I used to live with her..) and then the fighting begins. And don't even get me STARTED with her and her boyfriend; David :rolleyes:.

Anyway, My point to this stupid ''rant'' and why I didn't just put it in the ranting section is.. I DON'T KNOW WHAT THE FUCK TO DO?! MY MOTHER WANTS ME TO MOVE HOME, BUT I CAN'T LIVE WITH HER, AND I CAN'T LIVE WITH MY BULLSHIT FILLED FATHER, EITHER...

WHAT SHOULD I DO?!
Sorry, it's just so much more dramatic in capslock.
Anyways, if I don't get some serious advice I think I'm going to wait in the shadows for my father's next meet up with "Gloria" and take my gun..
BOOM. . HEADSHOT!

Piro

From appaled to applauding, controversy.
By the sounds of it, you're at the age where should be beginning to stand on your own feet. Your parents have done their job and want to think more about themselves now. It seems you don’t want your father or mother to have relationships after they split. You seem to forget that parents are also human beings and have their own problems and desires. Your father is "love sick", and you're the only one he can express his thoughts to. I’m certain he’s had to put up with your rambling too. Return the favor.

I'm getting a very selfish vibe from this entire post. Perhaps you should stop thinking about yourself and allow your parents to be who they want to be. They had the labor of bringing you into this world and guiding you though it. The least you can do is give them some slack and allow them to proceed with their lives.

I'm sorry that you are no longer the centre of their world, but get over it. It happens to us all. Take this as an opportunity to get some independence.

Sudite

That's the thing though, I've been independent all my fucking life. Not so much with my mother, 'cause she does stuff for me.. but my father.. :rolleyes:..
I mean, he yelled at me for being ''too independent.'' :rolleyes:.

I've carried my fathers emotional baggage since I was about five, you can ask anyone. And yeah, I don't want my parents in a realtionship, and no, I haven't since they split.. because part of me still wants them to be together.. And to me, that's perfectly fine because every kid feels that way.

What I didn't mention was that, every other girlfriend my father has had, he's brought home, introduced to me, yadda yadda.. I mean; he's been re-married and divorced since him and my mother split..
But him keeping this one ''secret'' just makes me mad.. because we have/had that kind of relationship like ''best friends'' do.. we used to tell each other everything. I still hold up that end of the bargain; when I was ten, we promised one another ''no secrets.'' Well if ''Gloria'' isn't a secret.. then I don't know what is.

I bring home every boyfriend I ever get together with, to meet my father and/or mother.. but nope. Gloria's a secret.

And yes, I'm being selfish.. because well; hiding her is bullshit, and I really don't want to hear about how much he ''loves'' her.. when he treats my mother like shit. I don't want to hear it, and personally I don't think I should have to. Nor do I think that any child of a divorce/split should have to listen to their parents going on about how they love someone else that isn't their mother/father.. I don't know about EVERYONE like that, but most of my friends who are in the same place as me don't like hearing it;either.

Piro

From appaled to applauding, controversy.
Has he mentioned why he keeps it a secret?

Why not tell him how hurt you are about this secret.
we have/had that kind of relationship like ''best friends'' do.. we used to tell each other everything. I still hold up that end of the bargain; when I was ten, we promised one another ''no secrets.''
A promise is a promise. Perhaps you should try to re-enforce it. It is a threat to your trust with one another after all and tell him that.

I had some very severe problems to cope with when my father (r.i.p) split with my mother. I forced him to open up, got him to sit and talk with me for hours. Perhaps your father does need outside opinions too, to help him see the situation in the full light, be that for him.

Nor do I think that any child of a divorce/split wants to listen to their parents going on about how they love someone else that isn't their mother/father.
You don't always get what you want. It's never pleasant at first, but you eventually realize by confronting it you are only hurting your parent.

IF your father allows you to know this "Gloria" (could take some persuading), then judge her for yourself and discuss your opinion with your father, backing it up with, "I'm only saying this because I care for you and I don’t want you getting hurt again". Be direct.

Sudite

Piro said:
Has he mentioned why he keeps it a secret?
Why not tell him how hurt you are about this secret. A promise is a promise. Perhaps you should try to re-enforce it. It is a threat to your trust with one another after all and tell him that.
IF your father allows you to know this "Gloria" (could take some persuading), then judge her for yourself and discuss your opinion with your father, backing it up with, "I'm only saying this because I care for you and I don’t want you getting hurt again". Be direct.
bold - Because of her being in a relationship.. he doesn't trust me not to say anything to anyone.. This is the FIRST place I've mentioned her to anyone that isn't my father. He should trust me, I have never done anything to displace his trust and I know that for a fact, he's told me so.. (Which is why none of it makes sense to me...

italic- I've told him. I've reminded him of our promise. He just says ''Love is love.'' And the conversation/arguement is dropped at that.

underlined-I would really like to know her.. Because he's had so many girlf.'s that he's ''loved.'' I mean he ''loved'' my mother, did he not? I just.. grr. :rolleyes: He always tells me you only fall in love once.. but for him that's not true, I guess..

TwisT

Hooked on Rocks!
Sudite said:
Oh if only I were a boy.. :\.

My father - Takes my guitar, so now I can't practice my songs for Coffee House (talent show in school) which is on Wednesday, and/or write more songs and/or go to band practice. He's been nothing but depressed or in "I hate the world" mode and it's fucking pissing me the fuck off. The only thing that makes him happy now a days is "Glooooorriiaaa" :rolleyes: his girlfriend, who has a boyfriend (of 15 years and is considered married to this guy). He says she's his 'soul mate' oh fucking hell, here we go AGAIN :rolleyes: :mad:. Seriously though, he's all "I don't want to make her chose, and I won't," yet every other fucking day he's moaning and/or bitching about how much shit he's gone through for her, and how he (and I quote) "Loves" her.. :rolleyes: I mean, come ON father! There are SO many more fish in the fucking sea! And he doesn't take any care in noticing how much this upsets me! OR how much shit *I* could get into if her boyfriend ever fucking found out! GRRRRRRRRRRR

Know what's funny? ''Gloria,'' isn't even her real fucking name.. It's what I have to call her because I'm not allowed to know her real name... Or anything about her for that matter. All I know is; it's got to stop. He goes out real late at night to go see her, leaving me at home alone, SLEEPING.. I mean, sure if he gives me some before-hand notice I don't mind.. but when I wake up and I'm in an empty house it's like; "Jee thanks, fucker. I mean, father." I can't stand my father..

My mother - Lives about a 10 minute walk away, calls me everday, and buys me stuff. She's great. Until I've been at her house for more than a day or two (I used to live with her..) and then the fighting begins. And don't even get me STARTED with her and her boyfriend; David :rolleyes:.

Anyway, My point to this stupid ''rant'' and why I didn't just put it in the ranting section is.. I DON'T KNOW WHAT THE FUCK TO DO?! MY MOTHER WANTS ME TO MOVE HOME, BUT I CAN'T LIVE WITH HER, AND I CAN'T LIVE WITH MY BULLSHIT FILLED FATHER, EITHER...

WHAT SHOULD I DO?!
Sorry, it's just so much more dramatic in capslock.
Anyways, if I don't get some serious advice I think I'm going to wait in the shadows for my father's next meet up with "Gloria" and take my gun..
BOOM. . HEADSHOT!
Oh, BOO HOO.

I was getting the same vibe, Twist.

Hole yourself up in your basement. I do it all the time, my parents hardly ever try to start conversation with me because they know it's futile.

TheLampIncident said:
I was getting the same vibe, Twist.

Hole yourself up in your basement. I do it all the time, my parents hardly ever try to start conversation with me because they know it's futile.
That and or blast heavy metal music so that you cant think..

JLXC

WTF's Official Conspiracy Fanatic
Premium
I have another approach to try.

Just fucking ride it out, you'll have many more years away from home than you ever live there. Just use the time to plot out your life, try and have some friends, and don't sweat the small shit. It may seem like forever until you get to go out in the world, but it isn't. Just don't sweat it, soon your dad will have to deal with that shit without you around. So don't worry hun, just try to enjoy what you have, it will all be different soon enough. Really.

Sudite

JLXC said:
I have another approach to try.

Just fucking ride it out, you'll have many more years away from home than you ever live there. Just use the time to plot out your life, try and have some friends, and don't sweat the small shit. It may seem like forever until you get to go out in the world, but it isn't. Just don't sweat it, soon your dad will have to deal with that shit without you around. So don't worry hun, just try to enjoy what you have, it will all be different soon enough. Really.

That's what I needed to hear.. JLXC, you are my new found hero.
Thanks everyone that replied.. but seriously, you could try being a tad nicer.. Might get you farther in life ;).
Nah, just fucking around..
Thanks guys..

comunication. If he wont lisen, then write it down and leave it in his room o somewhere he will for sure see it. It's all in your approach. If you start yelling at him and going on and on thne he will mot likly shut you out ad not listen, however if you take the high road and calmly talk it over with him (no matter how angry and fusterated you are wih him) then I'm sure you will get better results.

Brazen

BAD, BOLD, BRAZEN
FUCKYOUsters said:
my parents rock..i get whateverr i want !

WOOOOOOOT
Being spoiled is not going to get you anywhere.

Jiraffe

Domesticated Savage
I'm_Darth_Vader said:
Being spoiled is not going to get you anywhere.
My thoughts exactly. So what your a spoiled little shit that won't be able to function in a society of people that have to earn their way to everything. You will be so used to getting shit for free that you will probably end up begging people for money because that is free to.

People like you make me sick so just STFU and let the grown ups talk. Ya heard.:mfinger:

BTW its nice to read a post where Vader is being serious! You pretty cool Vader.

Brazen

BAD, BOLD, BRAZEN
Jiraffe said:
My thoughts exactly. So what your a spoiled little shit that won't be able to function in a society of people that have to earn their way to everything. You will be so used to getting shit for free that you will probably end up begging people for money because that is free to.

People like you make me sick so just STFU and let the grown ups talk. Ya heard.:mfinger:

BTW its nice to read a post where Vader is being serious! You pretty cool Vader.
to bad you werent here for the other 1000.

Jiraffe

Domesticated Savage
I'm_Darth_Vader said:
to bad you werent here for the other 1000.
Aw well I'm here now. Fuck the past all it did was hurt me. I live for here and now.