WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

My parents won't SHUT THE FUCK UP

Status
Not open for further replies.

_allismine_

Is now a meme
Okay, so my mom and dad fight ALL THE FUCKING TIME, about the stupidest shit. I'm just asking, should I say something, or sit by and watch? If I don't say anything, then shit gets broken, and all the insults in the book are said in front of my younger siblings. Some fucking consideration. But if I say something, I'm risking getting my ass kicked with a plastic hanger.

Fuck, I've still got the scars.

nppro

Tenderony
bleh , i use to yell at my parents for it, shit use to depress me. I would cry because I didn't understand. However its for the better because now stuff doesnt affect me ...

regardless , do what feels right.

yeh I was like 7 btw so fuck you if you call me a panzy.

_allismine_

Is now a meme
No, you're not a panzy. I was seven when I realized the truth about the world (way, WAY too young for ANYONE).
Their troublesome trivial arguments don't affect me anymore, either, but I have younger brothers and sisters to worry about, who still have a chance NOT to become as cold as I grew to be.
I just don't want to meddle in affairs that aren't any of my buisness. But the moment their voices can be heard by my siblings, it becomes my buisness.
Shit, I just don't know what to do.

And I'm not emo, so don't even go there, fuckers.

anotheruser

Banned - What an Asshat!
Your case seems to be just like mine except for the fact that I don't have younger siblings. Now thanks to them I have a dont give a fuck attitude. Let them fight to death, see if I care...

BOBBYRAY

readers digest fan club
just tell them to shut up and that there are young children within hearing distance, try not to yell, then if you have to and it all turns on you run like hell.

dancingremlin

Feel the beat
Um WHAT?

The are ment to be fucking adults! Im sorry you have had to grow up in a situation like this!

If you dont feel comfortable talking to them face to face then write them both a letter, outlining exactly what you have said to us. If they dont like each other then thats fine but keep it away from kids!

You are right, it shouldn't have been seen by you or your siblings and childhood years should be happy and full or innocence. Kids grow up way to fast these days!

If you need some help composing a letter you know that most people here would be willing to help you out with ideas!

I hope this sorts itself out!:happysad:

YUCK FOU!!!

Critical Update Notification Tool.
Premium
If there was one person i should've been scared of but wasn't it was my dad. Whenever they fought i would (especially if its ridiculously stupid) join in, right up to the age where my dad did realise that he could hit me without holding back anymore...ahh good times, i tried to hit him back once, but you know how it goes 6"2 ex marine, linebacker...it didnt go to well:D

Noob

Banned - What an Asshat!
_allismine_ said:
Okay, so my mom and dad fight ALL THE FUCKING TIME, about the stupidest shit. I'm just asking, should I say something, or sit by and watch? If I don't say anything, then shit gets broken, and all the insults in the book are said in front of my younger siblings. Some fucking consideration. But if I say something, I'm risking getting my ass kicked with a plastic hanger.

Fuck, I've still got the scars.
Wow, sounds like you and me are in the same situation.

My dad is a delusional person who thinks theres a conspiracy going after him, there isn't, he'll just go on saying how there is one. Him and my mom argue a lot and if he gets pissed he'll usually resort to violence, he's rather muscular. Only in times where my mom is in danger do I ever step in, even though I'm rather weak I'd rather get hit then my mother.

Anyhow, the best thing you can do about it is try to sit them down and try to have a reasonable conversation with them, or just ignore it. Get the younger siblings out of the room and play a board game or do something fun with them, it'll take their minds off your parents. That's what I used to do with my younger sister at times like those. Best of luck to you.

Caffeinated

Sophrosyne
I agree with what a couple of other folks have posted - when the shouting starts, get your younger siblings out of the way and focus on keeping them busy/distracted. They have probably figured out there's a problem, but they don't need to see it. That will also give you something to concentrate on, instead of the hoohah between your parents.

It probably wouldn't help to try and get between your parents during these altercations - even as a voice of reason - because they aren't listening to much except their own anger/frustration. Chances are, the anger/frustration would just get transferred to you, and since you're not the reason for the argument, it wouldn't solve anything.

If there's a quiet time when you can talk privately to one or the other of your parents, you might consider asking if they've considered any form of counseling - couples, anger management, whatever. If you have the time and interest, might even want to do a bit of research locally and see what is available, so if your parent is agreeable, you could let them know what you've found. You might find something that will help you as well, as one of the victims of the disputes. There's bound to be knowledgeable advice out there on how to cope with this type of uncomfortable environment.

Good luck. Hope things get better.

Anrui

Perpetual Mortality
I agree with Caffeinated. Get the younglings out of the room and talk to your parents when they calm down, which is much better than my original idea since my parents did the same thing when I was a young. My experience was to0 get my sister out of the room and then pull a knife on my parents, they listed to me after that but I do not recommend that course of action.

dustinzgirl

Banned - What an Asshat!
My parents used to fight all the time. When I was younger, I would take my brother and sister into the bedroom or outside and play with them. That gives them a sense of safety and security when they are scared. You can --and should--talk to them and explain that grown ups have fights sometimes, and the way your parents are treating each other isn't the way it should be. People should try to talk about thier feelings and not yell and cuss about them. I think it might be a good idea for you to talk to a school counselor, because it sounds like this is hurting you and not just your siblings. Parents suck sometimes. I know I have had some hellacious fights with my ex's and with CL, and have said things I should not have in front of the kids. As a parent, sometimes you just get so overwhelmed with life and bullshit that you forget kids are listening too, and parents shouldn't forget that. try talking to your mom or dad when they are not fighting, and explain to them that thier fighting hurts your feelings, and why it hurts your feellings. Don't blame them, use statments like "I feel" but not "You did this.."

_allismine_

Is now a meme
*sigh*
Thank you all so much for your help and advice, it helps a lot, really. I'll take all of your suggestions into consideration, but things are really confusing right now. Because they fight, give each other the silent treatment for a month, then somehow, everything turns back happy-dory again.
I mean, WTF??
It's like they're throwing shit at each other one week, and talking and laughing normally the next.
If I bring up the fighting when they're calm, then I might disrupt the peace, and things might go back to the angry silence again. For the sake of my siblings, false surrounding happiness is better than true surrounding hatred. Right?

Fuck, maybe I should just get my siblings out of earshot, and yell some fucking sense into them (my parents). I can't go on like this, it's making me insane.
And no, when I say 'I can't go on like this', I don't mean I'm commiting suicide. I just mean that I won't let things fall out into their predictable patterns anymore. Next time, I'm doing something.

For the sake of my fucking sanity, I have to.

God, I can't wait until I go to college, get myself outta this emotional vortex of doom.

mmm...cheese

Banned - What an Asshat!
_allismine_ said:
For the sake of my siblings, false surrounding happiness is better than true surrounding hatred. Right?
Ignorance truly is bliss.... I was in a similar situation as you are right now. From how I see it, for the sake of God get them in some fucking counseling. I mean, it didn't help me worth a shit, but it's helped a lot of others I know.
Also, a happy life requires risk, and if you are exempt to this rule, get the FUCK off your high chair and face the world. What I mean by this (happiness requires risk), is that if you don't do anything then your life (and the life of your siblings) will be doomed to a rather disgusting home. IE Go and find an available counselor for your parents, and if you have to, send them there tied with 4in thick titanium braces to 300 lb logs.

P.S. Sorry if I'm not a very comforting person, but I try my best.

_allismine_

Is now a meme
Not at all, I needed a kick in the ass to get me started. I was such a coward up until now, but that stops here, I swear it.

MasterLogician

Fresh Meat
pound on the wall and scream, SHUT THE FUCK UP. young developing mind here trying to get my beauty rest. your like fucking petty toddlers. your a disgrace to this family and our ancestors. look at you pathetic selfish excuses for parents fuck you go fucking rent a boxing ring if you want to fight this is a fucking house you fucking piece of shit. Fuck how did i emerge from such filthy pond muck? who cares if you get your ass kicked, take pictures of the bruises and call the police. better yet just call the cops. get daddy arrested. excuse me officer daddy is threating to hurt me and mommy.

• 1LOL
Reactions: YogurtExplosion

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
pound on the wall and scream, SHUT THE FUCK UP. young developing mind here trying to get my beauty rest. your like fucking petty toddlers. your a disgrace to this family and our ancestors. look at you pathetic selfish excuses for parents fuck you go fucking rent a boxing ring if you want to fight this is a fucking house you fucking piece of shit. Fuck how did i emerge from such filthy pond muck? who cares if you get your ass kicked, take pictures of the bruises and call the police. better yet just call the cops. get daddy arrested. excuse me officer daddy is threating to hurt me and mommy.
Dude, OP is like 28 now. Look at the date.

• 11UP!
Reactions: YogurtExplosion
Status
Not open for further replies.