WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Headlines My thoughts for the moment [as relevant to the election]

Jung

???
Premium
Kerry lost and we have another four year stint with Bush, this is irreversible right now. He won fair and square, not only by electoral votes but popular vote as well, that is notable in my opinion. I'm only hoping, per his latest speech, that he heeds America's message (48% opposition) and changes his bearing on some issues. I'm just saddened that the majority of Bush voters did so because of moral issues alone. This country proved it's more worried about killing Fetuses and restricting "faggots", and civil rights than anything else. That doesn't sit well with me.

Also, to the issue of oil, it's my belief that a lot of Bush supporters don't truly understand the reasons for this war. I believe this is mainly due to media hype and suppression of facts not relevant to the "war on terror." I could get into that, but it's an entirely different thread. (Although, we can discuss this if you choose.)

I'm not a Kerry supporter; I just think he would've offered a new light on certain subjects. Kerry said his intentions were to leave Iraq as quickly as possibly. Granted that's only what he said. If that was in fact his intention, I believe he could've mustered allied support for his actions; something Bush has fell short in doing. Who's to say what would've happened, but you I would've like to have seen the problem tackled form a different angle. Bush's solution obviously hasn't been working. (I didn't vote for him either, nor did I for Bush) I have no choice but to embraced Bush as our president, for another four years. May he do his best, and his best be in our best interests.

Anyway that's my :twocents:

_Kitana_

Angel of Death
junglizm said:
Kerry lost and we have another four year stint with Bush, this is irreversible right now. He won fair and square, not only by electoral votes but popular vote as well, that is notable in my opinion. I'm only hoping, per his latest speech, that he heeds America's message (48% opposition) and changes his bearing on some issues. I'm just saddened that the majority of Bush voters did so because of moral issues alone. This country proved it's more worried about killing Fetuses and restricting "faggots", and civil rights than anything else. That doesn't sit well with me.

Also, to the issue of oil, it's my belief that a lot of Bush supporters don't truly understand the reasons for this war. I believe this is mainly due to media hype and suppression of facts not relevant to the "war on terror." I could get into that, but it's an entirely different thread. (Although, we can discuss this if you choose.)

I'm not a Kerry supporter; I just think he would've offered a new light on certain subjects. Kerry said his intentions were to leave Iraq as quickly as possibly. Granted that's only what he said. If that was in fact his intention, I believe he could've mustered allied support for his actions; something Bush has fell short in doing. Who's to say what would've happened, but you I would've like to have seen the problem tackled form a different angle. Bush's solution obviously hasn't been working. (I didn't vote for him either, nor did I for Bush) I have no choice but to embraced Bush as our president, for another four years. May he do his best, and his best be in our best interests.

Anyway that's my :twocents:

For once I semi-agree with ya..... :thumbsup:

bigck3000

The Iron Lung
NOOOOOO...
"they" got Junglizm?!?!? this is exactly what he wants...he wants you to accept it and believe that he'll be better this time....he wants us to be submissive and trusting....if the rest of his original opposition begins to simply "accept", then he is given room to act on his evil intentions...DONT FORGET...

He planned to invade Iraq before he even took office

He deliberately misled the American people for his own "mysterious" gains

He's begining to hold American law and government to the light of his own religion

Last but not least he is complete and total incompetant. (Just grab a bag of pretzels and think about it.)

Please dont tell me that you're giving up simply because we have to watch and scrutinize for four more years...if anything our (the people) resolve should be strengthened because, this victory will have emboldened GWB to throw his some more of his weight around.

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
For the record, I'm not Per se' a "Kerry Supporter". Just supporting the opposition of the "Good 'ol boys" network. I honestly wish we had a more substantial candidate to rival Bush, but we don't.
I take it very personally how bush has behaved in his first term. When he was elected, I actually took the stance of "Well, let's just go ahead and support him". Then when we went to war in Iraq, I still defended his decision, thinking (as so many of us did, that the reasons were valid). As time wore on, I started to open my eyes, "there are no WMD's." "There are no terrorist ties"; I started to think.
Then as the hard evidence started to filter out, that his motives were false, that clinched it for me.
The icing on the cake is so many of his own people like Rumsfeld turning against him in semi-passive ways; and the conclusions of the many official investigations. Which by the way, only him and his cronies hang on to the idea of Iraq's involvement in Al-Quida.
I did take it personally, because My president Lied to Me.

He has worked very hard to lose my support, and as far as I can tell now; I can't think of any way he can win it back. That's by the way, how most New Yorkers feel. Funny, how we feel that way, after being the ones who sustained the brunt of that attack.

If you have some time, one day I can tell you MY personal story of the Trade Center (out of the forum). Everyone in the Metro-NY area lost someone. Some of us were almost lost ourselves.

We're on opposite sides of the fence Junglizm but I think we're walking in the same direction from your post. Well said.

EDIT: I realized this could be confusing. In my mind the "fence" does not divide bush/kerry supporters but is on a deeper level.

Jung

???
Premium
bigck3000 said:
NOOOOOO...
"they" got Junglizm?!?!? etc etc
I'm not happy with the election results, BUT I realize that they're finite, at least unless he finds a way to get himself impeached. I’m not in favor of a majority of Bush’s policies or his thinking. It’s rather useless at this point to make much of a deal about him being reelected, though. I’m not going to walk around pissed because my “team” lost, like so many others. There is nothing we can do; I’m going to take this with a grain of salt. When I say I hope Bush will heed the message, I mean it; I whole heartedly hope that he does. I hope that he sees 48% of American’s disagreed with him and makes better choices in the future. What’s so wrong with that?

I also agree with most of what Max had to say. It'll be hard to regain my trust, but I think it would be pointless not to be open to it. I was stationed in NY when 9/11 happened. I was in the waiting room at a troop mediacl clinic, I watched right as the second plane hit. My unit (10 mountain Div) was also one of the first to arrive in theater in Afghanistan, less than 5 days later. So, this topic is something VERY personal to me. I just don't see how Continuing to upset myself over the issue will be of any good.

bigck3000

The Iron Lung
i'm not asking for a pissed off response...I want people to realize that we cant simply accept him to be honest and forthright as one of the top decision makers of our country...I want people to be wary of his bullshit and not to let the same mistakes happen again...it is not out of our hands (supposedly) once we elect him... ..... ..... ....

( i know how you like those elipses )