WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

My trip - story number one

chucktheskiffie

Way too hyper...
Hi guys, as promised

Day one, i desided i would start by driving north. After driving for most of the day, i ended up in a little town of about 2,000 people, called Bowraville. Its a wild place - the locals are nuts!!

As soon as i arrive, i enter one of the only two pubs in town. I am drawn to this one because it has Western Saloon-style doors, like you see in the old Cowboy movies.

As i am getting through my schooner, i hear the doors being violently kicked open behind me, and when i turn around, there is an enourmous bloke standing at the door. He points in my direction and yells to the two guys behind him "There's the bastard!"

As he runs toward me at full pace, i am doing two things - 1.) i am thinking to myself "I only just got here, never been here before, WTF could i have done??" and 2.) i am bracing myself for the biggest beating i have ever recieved.

He reaches the bar, raises his hand while still running and.............knocks the little bloke standing beside me clean out!! He reaches into the guys pants, pulls out his wallet and takes some money out (not all of it).

After he leaves, the little guy (Pete) comes to, face swollen and looking confused. I help him to his feet, buy him a beer and ask him what that was all about. It turns out he sold half his racehorse to the big guy (a pathetic looking nag), the guy gave him the money and then went to see the horse, but didn't like what he saw. It was racing in two days

Pete offers me the share for $300 and i think - what the hell? Its country races and owners get to drink at the track for free.

Raceday comes, and the horse is in the second last race of the day. By the time it is due, Pete and i are so pissed it is hard to stand. Not expecting much, we placed a bet on it, but we were so drunk we missed the race.

THE FUCKING HORSE WON!

We didn't know until a guy comes up to us and asks if we were the owners of New Begginings (horses name). He says he saw potential and offered us $3,500 for it, with chequebook in hand.

We couldn't refuse, and left the track with a cheque for $1,750 each.

We celebrated that night at the pub where it all began. I slept in the ute, woke up in the morning and continued north...

A great start!!

Icarus

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Fucking righteous!

That's what legends are made of!

Great story Chuck :thumbsup:

Can't wait for the next one!

LiberatioN

Trance Addict
Awesome story !!

What a lucky break, man! So what'd you end up doing with the $1750?

chucktheskiffie

Way too hyper...
Spent it on the trip!!

It was an added boost to my budget (and much needed by the end)

plus i won $850 with the bookie... i'll tell you soon how i spent that :)

LiberatioN

Trance Addict
Nice! That'd definitely make my trip 2x better...winning money always makes you feel better, ESPECIALLY when you need it.

RageAgainst

Chaotic Neutral
Nice chuck

I never asked you that, but do you sail? (well obviously you do, skiffie+ your avatar)

what kind of boat do you sail? I do laser, for fun, I did provincial competitions in montreal a few years ago and did pretty ok.

I love it, it's pretty hardcore when it's really windy

lol..
that's nothing though, sometimes it's just insane with the waves and shit :thumbsup:

chucktheskiffie

Way too hyper...
I certainly do!!

16ft skiffs at the moment... have been on them for the last three years... awsome fun!!
Lasers are great... i used to own one and i used to sail it after school, cause its one-up and easy to rig (but hey, i don't have to tell you that)

My avatar is us at the 2004 Australian Championships, that pic is taken from a helicopter in the second heat. It was blowing around 25-28 knots, and not long after that, the mast broke from a 35 knot gust that hit us from the side... we had to stay up all night making a new one for the next day...

you done much skiffing??

LiberatioN

Trance Addict
chucktheskiffie said:
My avatar is us at the 2004 Australian Championships, that pic is taken from a helicopter in the second heat. It was blowing around 25-28 knots, and not long after that, the mast broke from a 35 knot gust that hit us from the side... we had to stay up all night making a new one for the next day...
haha! DAMN that's hardcore! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

RageAgainst

Chaotic Neutral
chucktheskiffie said:
I certainly do!!

16ft skiffs at the moment... have been on them for the last three years... awsome fun!!
Lasers are great... i used to own one and i used to sail it after school, cause its one-up and easy to rig (but hey, i don't have to tell you that)

you done much skiffing??
Holy shit!

Yeah I've sailed alot every summer since I was 10, not in the past year though. I think the hardest winds I've ever sailed in was around 25 knots, and that's alot of fucking wind.. When you're sailing close to the wind it's pretty crazy. In such winds I remember I had to loosen up the sail a little bit when going upwind (well close to the wind) or I'd just overwhelm (sorry I don't know the English sailing terms) even though my whole mid-upper body was out almost perpendicular to the water!

Good times. Personnally, sailing is what gives me the best adrenaline rushes, in hard winds :thumbsup:
Racing is alot of fun too, very technical and heart pumping.

JLXC

WTF's Official Conspiracy Fanatic
Premium
chucktheskiffie what a great story, and I'm glad someone has some luck out there! Very nice.

chucktheskiffie

Way too hyper...
I'll post it today...

As it is currently 9am here, i'm at work, so i can only sporadically jump on today...

soon!!

gurlgonewild

Was machen Sie?
you could sell stories of your trip, so far it sounds like a great sitcom!
i'm certain some tv exec here in CA would eat it up. DUDE i smell a sequel already! woah, i amaze even myself sometimes..."Aussie does CA."

:p good story, tell us more!

LiberatioN

Trance Addict
They should make an mTV show out of it or something...YA!

:rolleyes: