WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

My wife is my opposite in many ways

JLXC

WTF's Official Conspiracy Fanatic
Premium
I like to look at myself, and my loved ones, with an outsiders eye now and then. I'm just amazed at how things work out.

I like to have lots of friends, while she likes to have only me as a friend.
I like to go out and have fun, she likes to only have fun with me alone.
I like to drink sometimes, she wont touch the stuff.
I love sex and giving pleasure, she's just never warmed up to it much.
I give her comfort and support, she rags on me about everything I do wrong.
I like to talk about the big questions in life, she likes to bitch about her day.
On and on the list goes.......

It seems the more I look at it, the more I see we are polar opposites in so many ways.

This is just a minor rant, because I love her very much, and I have tried everything in my power for 20 years to get her to have some fucking fun in life. Her parents were the biggest complaining sticks in the mud. They didn't help.

I've obviously lost the battle in trying to get her to loosen up, and I've invited her to every single place I go. I've told her to make some friends and go out sometimes! She just wont do it.

My friends have told me she's like an emotional black hole, and I'm the only thing keeping her from imploding, and I can see that. Sometimes it gets to me, like when she's just being a bitch day after day, no matter how I try to cheer her up, and then when I go out it's like I'm commiting a crime because she says "I want to spend more time with you!!!" Shit woman, I spend nearly all my time with her, and most of that is just listening to her bitch and be mad. Since she can't vent at the people really pissing her off she vents on me, and many times she's quite mean about it.

Why do I love her so much? I know I do, but sometimes I wonder why.

YUCK FOU!!!

Critical Update Notification Tool.
hmm, this isnt my area of expertise but ill give my two cents anyway, thats one fucked up thing, im sure your missing out the things that you do love about her, i know parents can really fuck up a child in ways of having fun, ive seen it happen and its frustrating and sad, how about you throw a party ect. see if you can get her interested, considering youve been married for 20 odd years im not going to suggest getting rid of her, you dont need to listen to me for that.

but she seems to be draging you down with her, confront her, ask her these things.

opposites attract.

YUCK FOU!!!

Critical Update Notification Tool.
what? ill bann her into next week.

DIZNUTS

Ñúñ'§ þêG £ègGéÐ /\/\å±ëý
junglizm said:
:rotflmao:

JLXC is she a cancer by anychance???? any about her lack of "interest" might be due to low testosterone in her blood....find out and maybe she can get some testosterone therapy(like many women in menopause do) to raise her libido....

JLXC

Premium
DIZNUTS said:
:rotflmao:

JLXC is she a cancer by anychance???? any about her lack of "interest" might be due to low testosterone in her blood....find out and maybe she can get some testosterone therapy(like many women in menopause do) to raise her libido....
Heh no but I'm a cancer. You know what... that sounds like a good idea! Rep'd!

Bitch

Evil Fluffy says: I PEE IN YOUR SHOES!
Premium
Not a surprise. A lot of the time. oposites do attract. It's like you balance each other out. Maybe you'd find her boring if she were to have the same exact interests and doesn't challange you. Maybe you'd miss her too much if she were to hang out with her friends and you needed her around. Too much sex can actually be boring to some people. She keeps you in line (maybe too much but nothing wrong with some boundary making). She obviously loves having you around. Somethign about her being an oposite to you you like :)

JLXC

Premium
Bitch, you've hit the nail on the head.

That sentence looks funny. Imagine Mr. T saying it!

Anyhow... yeah that's pretty much what every close friend I've had has said, plus I know it's true. I'm not going to leave her as I DO love her so very much. I just wish she'd be more happy. I try to make it so, but it seems pointless sometimes.