WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

MySQL: Database Status?

Fire_ze_Missles

Martha Fuckin' Stewart
I have searched the MySQL manual for something, and I am sure it has to be there; I just am unable to find it. So, I come to my fellow "code monkeys" to see if they know.

I am currently building a GUI (with php) for MySQL databases. With individual tables I can query a string like, "Show table status from main;", and it will return to me a bunch of information about the various tables I have set up. My question is, is there a way to "Show Database status" to return the same information that table status shows. :question:

Jung

???
Premium
Can't you just show status or extended-status?

Fire_ze_Missles

Martha Fuckin' Stewart
junglizm said:
Can't you just show status or extended-status?

They show system variables and such that I don't care about. Im looking for stats such as Creation Time, Modified Time, Used Time, etc etc.

jamesp

In Memory...
Fire_ze_Missles said:
They show system variables and such that I don't care about. Im looking for stats such as Creation Time, Modified Time, Used Time, etc etc.
im not sure, the last time that I had to actually view the creation time of a DB i just logged into the mysql> command prompt......