WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

n00bs

Brain Spout

Wizard No More
i feel really silly when i'm walking around in school and you see people saying pwned, 1337, and n00b. it's only funny once or twice on the internetwebs. and then you see them make up their own "1337" words which makes htem look sillier, and it's annoying because a lot of them are serious when they say pwned or 1337. many of htem don't realize how stupid they look on the internet, let alone in "RL".

this leads me to my second complaint, people who quote funny movies. anchorman was funny the first time i saw it, when i saw it again it was still funny, after it got repeated a couple hundred times on HBO it just became annoying, and then you have to deal with people who do the worst impressions of a funny line. worse they do them at times that don't make sense. when someone drops a movie quote and it was appropriate you laugh, but when they drop it over and over, from an overplayed movie, it gets effing annoying.

this rant is actually centered on this one n00b at my school who walks around talking about all sorts of internets and what not... :rolleyes:

to save you all the trouble, im going to post this picture myself:

JLXC

WTF's Official Conspiracy Fanatic
Premium
I agree 'lite speek is just Sad. As far as movie quotes, everything in moderation is ok. I agree that the same person using the same quote for the 100th time is just annoying. Unless it's their catch phrase.

My family uses one a lot, and most people just stare blankly at us. See if you can guess which movie it's from?

"Some dude, some bitch, whatever!"

Brain Spout

Wizard No More
i know what you mean, me and my friends have the private joke where we say "shazam" a lot in very innapropriate situations. it originated from the horrible movie kazaam with shaq. we laughed our asses off when a couple weeks ago on family guy peter said shazam. :)

but when someone says for the 1000th time:
"when in rome" in a will ferrell accent, i want to shoot them

Nailbomb

I'm just really nice.
WizardlyFriend said:
i know what you mean, me and my friends have the private joke where we say "shazam" a lot in very innapropriate situations. it originated from the horrible movie kazaam with shaq. we laughed our asses off when a couple weeks ago on family guy peter said shazam. :)
Oh, come on. You know you got it from the cereal bars, there's no shame in that.

Brain Spout

Wizard No More
Nailbomb said:
Oh, come on. You know you got it from the cereal bars, there's no shame in that.
cereal bars?

we got shazam from that horrible movie with shaquelle o'neil

sporko06

No ordinary rabbit.
Grapes

Every group of buddies has some phrase or sound of even gesture that looks ridiculous to others, but for those involved is hilarious. Sometimes when a person is overusing it they are desperately calling out for a new saying. feed thier hunger and your problems will be over. Like my friend always says "grapes" it means absolutely nothing but its better than shitty impersonations.

Fideru

Agitated Pancake
Sometimes people just take the interweb too far into their real life.

:happysad:
But yes I do agree that "1337" speak is kinda lame.

Couple of seconds, I just ran this page through a '1337' translator and hit print screen.

y0u 4r3 4 fuck1n6 n00b 9u17 fuck1n6 up 7h3 f0rum5 w17h y0ur 645 455 f14m35 4nd 637 4 m07h3r fuck1n6 455 11f3 1 n33d 4 n3w v1d30 c4m3r4 7h15 15 fuck1n6 h114r10u5 d0 7h3y h4v3 4 7331 70 637 17 b4ck 70 n0rm41?

Brain Spout

Wizard No More
slemaire195 said:
y0u 4r3 4 fuck1n6 n00b 9u17 fuck1n6 up 7h3 f0rum5 w17h y0ur 645 455 f14m35 4nd 637 4 m07h3r fuck1n6 455 11f3 1 n33d 4 n3w v1d30 c4m3r4 7h15 15 fuck1n6 h114r10u5 d0 7h3y h4v3 4 7331 70 637 17 b4ck 70 n0rm41?
n36 r3pp3d :7humb5d0wn:

:101:

Descent

Hella Constipated
WizardlyFriend said:
i feel really silly when i'm walking around in school and you see people saying pwned, 1337, and n00b. it's only funny once or twice on the internetwebs. and then you see them make up their own "1337" words which makes htem look sillier, and it's annoying because a lot of them are serious when they say pwned or 1337. many of htem don't realize how stupid they look on the internet, let alone in "RL".

this leads me to my second complaint, people who quote funny movies. anchorman was funny the first time i saw it, when i saw it again it was still funny, after it got repeated a couple hundred times on HBO it just became annoying, and then you have to deal with people who do the worst impressions of a funny line. worse they do them at times that don't make sense. when someone drops a movie quote and it was appropriate you laugh, but when they drop it over and over, from an overplayed movie, it gets effing annoying.

this rant is actually centered on this one n00b at my school who walks around talking about all sorts of internets and what not... :rolleyes:
Fucking w0rd. I don't walk around flaunting that shit, "HEY GUYS! I'M A GEEK! LOL" because I attract little nerdfags, the kinda guys who play WoW and EverQuest 12 hours a day and hate "RL." Yes, those actually exist in Dix Hills, just in small numbers!

But when I am around my geek friends, I frequently say "BOOM! HEADSHOT!" FPS-Doug style when somebody gets owned, the latter of which I never say. It could be a fight, an argument, an insult, anything.

And I make sure to only say quotes around people who know them.

And on top of that, I only quote movies I enjoy at opportune times.

For example, when somebody asks me "Can you keep a secret?" I always say..."Listen...I ain't eva fucked NOBODY." Tony Montana style.

I'm a walking TiVO but I know when to press the play button.

Disadvantaged-c

omfgwtfbbqsteakmix
Fideru said:
Sometimes people just take the interweb too far into their real life.
Kinda like james and sometimes me :D, i like to yell things at people because no one in my school other then a few people and my freinds know what 1337 speak or internet talky is. But then you ahve the retarded girls who think their geeks and talk in 1337, they should die. I do it for fun not on a regular basis :).

PunkA$$

Not Flame Bait
I understand about being "owned" and how that all works but, what exactly does "pwned" mean?

Your input is appreciated.:hairout:

CopyLifted

Funnier than a 5th grader
PunkA$$ said:
I understand about being "owned" and how that all works but, what exactly does "pwned" mean?

Your input is appreciated.:hairout:
The verb to pwn (past tense: pwned, pwnd, pwn'd, pwnt, pooned) as used by the Internet gaming subculture, means to beat or dominate an opponent. While it probably originated as a typing error of the word own, it is now used intentionally by many members of the subculture. The term has become so ubiquitous in Internet circles that it is often used outside of gaming contexts; for example, "He just got pwned in that debate" or "The hunters pwned that bear."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PWNED

Google define:whateverwordyouarelookingforthedefinitionofgoeshere :p