WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Naming our son

Is Rollen a good name for our son?

• Hell yeah it rocks!!

Votes: 8 28.6%
  • Nope dude your way off base!!!

Votes: 20 71.4%

• Total voters

therightiswrong

The right is wrong
My last name is Stone.
My wife and I are arguing about the name of our son that is soon to be born.
I want to name him Rollen Allen Stone or maybe Rollin Allen Stone.
She thinks he'll get the crap beat out of him.
I say so what it's a cool fucking name.
opinions?

Slacker

Postaholic
Oh he is just an old freind of mine. Honestly Rollen stone sounds like some1 is trying to copy that band. But what ever floats your boat.

Slacker

Postaholic
BrIONwoshMunky said:
My nephew is named Rolen. I don't see why you can't name your kid Rollen...
I have an freind who's name is rollen. But think about when he grows up when kids will make fun of his name rollen stone. But some kids if they had a sense of music would think its awesome.

Slacker

Postaholic
BrIONwoshMunky said:
Keith Richards will be the only one alive. I think he's safe.
Like i said before whatever floats his boat.

Rollen is a good name. But maby by the time he is in school they will be long forgotten. We will know who they are but i don't think they will so heck with it i say it's a good name. :thumbsup:

he's gonna be pissed when he grows up and doesn't like the Rolling Stones and take abuse from hardcore fans

Darklight

Oppressing your posts...
not as bad as my cousin who at first wanted to name her son Christopher Robins...

shnurple

Fresh Meat
he'll find out about the band soon enough, and if he ever wants to do anytihng musical in his life then all the people he meets will know and pay him out about it. if you want to mess with the name, change your own to it, dont treat the kid like hes some gimmick.

CopyLifted

Funnier than a 5th grader
Get serious man. YOU have a responsiblity to look out for the best interest of your child, not treat him like a pet. Those types of names are cool..for a dog.

But, hey, it's your pet...umm, I mean your kid not mine. Grow up, dumbass.

EDIT: I'm not saying Rollin is a bad name, just how it's being used in this case.

Lucky_420

Banned - What an Asshat!
i think its a good strong name, i mean r you naming him after the stones. i like the name, its diffrent, its out of the ordinary, my brother just named his daughter madison.

new names are good i think, will he get shit, dought it because there are so many types of names. theres not a lot of tradinal names anymore like paul, or robert

therightiswrong

The right is wrong
Lucky_420 said:
i think its a good strong name, i mean r you naming him after the stones. i like the name, its diffrent, its out of the ordinary, my brother just named his daughter madison.

new names are good i think, will he get shit, dought it because there are so many types of names. theres not a lot of tradinal names anymore like paul, or robert
anyone with the last name Stone gets shit about that.

magnolia

Postaholic
I don't know. It's up to you and your wife. But I wouldn't name my child Rollen Stone. It's just too much chance for being teased. My initials are BM. Can you imagine the shit (excuse the pun) that I got for that? You have to be careful when you're naming kids because other kids can be so mean. So if you truely love the name then I say ok, but if you aren't dead set on it I say pick something that can't be picked on too much.

Alot of kids get picked on, no matter what their name is. But I think Rollen is a good name, and so what if he gets picked on? Alot of kids do, just get him to take self-defense classes or something if it gets out of hand, or just homeschool him.

DizzyOwnzj00 said:
Alot of kids get picked on, no matter what their name is. But I think Rollen is a good name, and so what if he gets picked on? Alot of kids do, just get him to take self-defense classes or something if it gets out of hand, or just homeschool him.
Homeschooling..now thats a good idea. Give him and inferior education and isolate him from any sort of social life. That way when he goes to college, not only is he over his head in the material, but he also has NO FUCKING IDEA how to get along with his roommate and classmates. -,-

I humbly submitt my ammendment to the name, changing Rollen to Rolan, if you must name him something so..pun-ish.

Speaking as a girl who had to go through elementary, junior, and high school with what is typically a boy's name: Don't do it! He will be teased mercilessly!

polaris_nine

Banned - What an Asshat!
Maybe if it weren't so obvious. Like ROLAND Stone. Now I don't think most of the kids will catch on until later, and then I think it will be okay. As for the middle name, pick a one-syllable, so it rolls off the tongue more smooth.