nascar's desires

bomac

Fresh Meat
Now that Kurt Busch is on the pole at Homestead, what can Nascar do to insure that DEI or Hendrick will be able to win the title with one of their favorite sons.

CopyLifted

Funnier than a 5th grader
bomac said:
Now that Kurt Busch is on the pole at Homestead, what can Nascar do to insure that DEI or Hendrick will be able to win the title with one of their favorite sons.

WTF are you talking about? are you trying to say that Nascar racing is all setup like wrestling or something?

If that's what you think, you are a fucking dipshit.

bomac

Fresh Meat
wake up

rasslin and roller dreby are the only two true sports left that aren't rigged. watch jeffy gordon get a lap down and see if nascar doesn't throw a caution for oxygen or something similar on the track so that he gets the lucky doggy pass

CopyLifted

bomac said:
rasslin and roller dreby are the only two true sports left that aren't rigged. watch jeffy gordon get a lap down and see if nascar doesn't throw a caution for oxygen or something similar on the track so that he gets the lucky doggy pass

I've never actually seen that happen by Nascar, but what I have seen is a driver cause a cation to help themselves or a teammate out. So how is that Nascars fault? When a driver stops on the track, or spins "accidently" (yeah right) Nascar has to do the safe thing and throw a caution. So blaming Nascar is stupid. Blame the drivers.

Now, the one thing that I saw Nascar do that pissed me off was when Jr. went below the yellow line at Daytona (or maybe that was 'Dega, it's been awhile now) and passed a car and Nascar let it slide because "he was forced down there". Now that was bullshit. I saw a couple other driver get forced below the yellow line and get penalized because they didn't fall back behind the car that forced them down there. But not Jr. No way.

And of course, Jr. won the race. Nascar would have been a bad bad boy by the fans if they would have penalized him like they should have. And it would have made me smile.

Ok, shut up now. The race is about to start. :p

Oh yeah, GO KASEY KAHNE.

bomac

Fresh Meat
bullhockey

Nascar always have and always will favor their favorite sons or crown princes or whatever you want to call them. For example look back to when martin was penalized in 89 or 90 and it cost him the title to Nascars admitted greatest driver, or are you too young to remember that

CopyLifted

bomac said:
Nascar always have and always will favor their favorite sons or crown princes or whatever you want to call them. For example look back to when martin was penalized in 89 or 90 and it cost him the title to Nascars admitted greatest driver, or are you too young to remember that

Nope, not too young to remember it, just that I didn't start watching Nascar religiously until '92. Plus I can't remember everything that happened before that.

Nascar does make mistakes though. I wouldn't call it "unfair". Like '98 (I think) when Jarrett was black flagged for leaking fluids, and he wasn't. He lost the championship that season by 14 points to Gordon. If he had not been black flagged for that, he would have been the champion in the long run. But Nascar made a mistake. I didn't like it, but what do you do. We all make mistakes.

Why does everything have to be a conspiracy these days anyway? Just because your driver isn't one of the "favorites", dosn't mean the ones that are get any special treatment. I agree that they do to a point, but not to the degree that Nascar makes sure that they are always in the top 5, or 10, or on the lead lap when they do go a lap down. That is just stupid.

If you think it's unfair, become a Gordon, Jr, Busch, Johnson, fan. Then you won't have to worry about it. And if Nascar doesn't throw a caution when one of them goes a lap down, you to can scream "that's unfair. Nascar, where is that yellow flag?". As you seam to think happens anyway.

Fuck all that. For me, Kasey Kahne is the man (not today though). And there is nothing better than a DODGE!!

CopyLifted

If you are watching this race, please don't say they just waved off that green flag so that Gordon and Busch can get back in line for the restart. hahaha. I know you're thinking it. :mfinger: