WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Nasty Kitchen Sink

Smiss

smissinat0r
So my kitchen sink is all clogged up. It's freakin nasty.

Yup. Both sides are different colors of disgusting. The left side is where I put the dishes while I run the dishwasher.

The right side I keep empty when I run the dishwasher so I can empty into the sink and nothing will block the drain.

(That big floating chunk in there is just a piece of dog food)

If one side of my sink backs up, it goes into the other side, which is why both sides are filled with stagnant water. Chrix ran the dishwasher one night, and it turned into this. The left side has all that nasty food bits. The right side is where I tried to use Draino to no avail.

I WILL DIE BEFORE THIS EVER GETS FIXED!

Landlord? He's never around (yes, because he hates me and thinks I should hang myself. K?). Right after it happened was a weekend trip. I actually wanted to stay behind to take care of it, but I didn't. And now here I am with a kitchen that smells revolting while I wait for someone to come around and take care of it. Then I will hose it down with bleach.

Broken

Member smoked too much weed!
Smiss said:
So my kitchen sink is all clogged up. It's freakin nasty.

Yup. Both sides are different colors of disgusting. The left side is where I put the dishes while I run the dishwasher.

The right side I keep empty when I run the dishwasher so I can empty into the sink and nothing will block the drain.

(That big floating chunk in there is just a piece of dog food)

If one side of my sink backs up, it goes into the other side, which is why both sides are filled with stagnant water. Chrix ran the dishwasher one night, and it turned into this. The left side has all that nasty food bits. The right side is where I tried to use Draino to no avail.

I WILL DIE BEFORE THIS EVER GETS FIXED!

Landlord? He's never around (yes, because he hates me and thinks I should hang myself. K?). Right after it happened was a weekend trip. I actually wanted to stay behind to take care of it, but I didn't. And now here I am with a kitchen that smells revolting while I wait for someone to come around and take care of it. Then I will hose it down with bleach.

hehhe: I am not your landlord!!! Here I know it's not your job to keep up with your buildings maintence, but I might be able to help you in this case.
Draino and all the other products out there aren't going to help. The sink is not a complicated system. It works by the forces of gravity. Open the doors under the sink. You will see the pipes, do you see the one that it's bent in a J, that's to trap you rings and things of that nature. It's clogged. Go down to the hardware store and buy the 5$ part and replace it. Total work time. less than one hour. You can buy a kit that replaces all the piping under the sink for a few more bucks.
Second, you are dealing with a health issue here. You have taken the pictures and have proof. That doesn't mean that you didn't stuff a rag down the drain. So have it fixed. Bill the owner of the building. Send a copy of the pictures and the bill from the plumber don't forget to log the dates and time that you sumbitted work request from your super.

When you use the dishwasher and you have all that nastyness in the pipes that's what you are washing your dishes with.. YummmY...

Smiss

smissinat0r
Man, I'm not working on anything in that nastyass kitchen! Someone else can do that! Plus I don't really know what I would be doing, and this doesn't seem like a project that I would like to be my first. Ugh. But a friend was a plumber prior to working in the video game industry so supposedly the bf has been talking to him about fixing it. But he lives on the other side of town. Otherwise I will ask my mom's friend to work on it some. Everyone's got someone that can look at it or work on it.

I never really submitted an actual request to the landlord. I told him awhile ago that it was draining really slow, but it wasn't too much of a problem. And I keep some of the most fucked up hours so it's hard for him to come when I am around or awake (and he doesn't want to come over when I am not home cause the dogs will go insane. And he hasn't met my cat yet, who I am not going to have declawed. And she likes to jump on people randomly).

But I am willing to call off work at this point. It was NEVER anywehre NEAR this bad til it happened. And if it gets to that point, he better fix my toilet two. I am paying for an apartment with 2 bathrooms, and only one toilet works. That wasn't a big issue before but once the bf moved it, it is. Especially when he passes out drunk on the bathroom floor. Cause I just can't pee with someone else in there! lol