WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Headlines National Geographic article on terror

RetArt

A Rampant Vagitarian
There was a story about terrorism in the national geographic. Did anyone else notice that there was not a word mentioned about the terrorist acts performed by the us of a..? There was not a word about the bloody national terror against Nigaragua in the 1980´s.*)

*When Usa started its terror Nigaragua didn´t react by bombing the hell out of New York or Washoington or anything like that. Instead it sued America to the international court of justice, which demanded usa to stop it´s "illegal use of force" and to pay a great amount of compensation.

How did USA respond? It hit Nigaragua twice as hard.

Next Nigaragua pled to the UN safety council. It demanded everybody to obey the decision made by the International court of justice...
Usa used its veto-right...

After this nigaragua pled to the general meeting which had the same outcome.
USA veto´d it too...

Sorry about that "slight mistrack", just a little history to remind you..
How can this be left out from an article on terror???
Its the only time International Court of Justice has blaimed ANY COUNTRY of terrorism..

And if you do a little research you´ll find out that Nigaragua was just the tip of the iceberg on this issue.. There are plenty more examples...

oh and by the way. Should we start gathering names for an address for the US to join the ICC..??

RageAgainst

Chaotic Neutral
National Geographic probably talks about small time terrorism, not large scale state terrorism.

RetArt

A Rampant Vagitarian
But in my opinion it can not be divided in to those two categories... And if I do recall correctly, it did have some examples of national terrorism listed in there. I might be wrong though, as i do not have the article home with me..
But still it should be at least referred to at least in a minor scale.

Denial.

gurlgonewild

Was machen Sie?
You're complaints should be written in a letter to the editor if you're seriously pissed they omitted USA atrocities. Not here. Here, people like me will tell you "Quit complaining about a magazine that overall does an excellent job bringing foreign and mostly unattainable experiences to the general public that otherwise would only be available to the very richest in the world."

Jeez, the mag is not THAT bad. I rather enjoy shit they cover.
So BACK OFF! lol j/k

ChilianFuckFace

Banned - What an Asshat!
gurlgonewild said:
You're complaints should be written in a letter to the editor if you're seriously pissed they omitted USA atrocities. Not here. Here, people like me will tell you "Quit complaining about a magazine that overall does an excellent job bringing foreign and mostly unattainable experiences to the general public that otherwise would only be available to the very richest in the world."

Jeez, the mag is not THAT bad. I rather enjoy shit they cover.
So BACK OFF! lol j/k
I disagree with you. If they are doing a report on terrorist, they should include every single party involved in such practice, no matter who they are?

Why do you want the world to cover up for the United States? We are all equall in this world. The only difference is that the United States has alot of money and alot of weapons of mass destruction...

gurlgonewild

Was machen Sie?
i know, i was kidding. half anyway, i cannot make a stern statement either way not having seen the article myself. maybe they didn't include any nations as examples, who knows? that being said i stand by liking this mag, i believe they do good things even if biased.