WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Need help ASAP!

Hypertron

Asshole of the Year
Ok so im about finished with this computer and it starts restarting randomly again, so i put in my gentoo cd and run memtest86 and it says that the ram is good the hard drive is good, and it couldn't be windows drivers b/c it restarted at the very end of the memtest so all i can figure is that that mobo has gone bad, so what i need to know...will a celeron work in a p4 board?

tzedek

Original Member
a p4 celeron will work in a p4 board :)

Descent

Hella Constipated
Your CPU is overheating. I know this from experience.

ThermalTake licks choads. A little AS5 fixed my problems :).

Hypertron

Asshole of the Year
actually no it wasn't overheating, it was b/c there wasn't any thermal paste, but it was restarting randomly b/c of a bad mobo, trust me i know how to diagnose a computer. it works like a champ now.

Descent

Hella Constipated
What kind of mobo did you put in it?

I know you know how to diagnose a system ;).

Hypertron

Asshole of the Year
Cuddles said:
Well, that is not too bad. I mean if it works great and all. But I know you are probably like me, I want to find the best of the best when I have the money...lol. :thumbsup:

hell yes

Descent

Hella Constipated
Cheapo? That's a quality board, my friend.

Now if it was an ECS :redface: ...

Hypertron

Asshole of the Year
Descent said:
Cheapo? That's a quality board, my friend.

Now if it was an ECS :redface: ...
not its a crap board compared to what i would recommend. and a ECS is the mobo that i took out that was fubar. so no it's an el cheapo

UberSkippy

a.k.a. FuckTheBullShit
Descent said:
Fucked Up Beyond All Recognition

SNAFU is Situation Normal: All Fucked Up

If you ever do a military stint you'll need to know those. ;)