WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Need some ideas/solutions/help!

meh_it_all

WTF.com Sexy Pimp-ette.
Ok. Before we go into this. I've already written post about my dad before. Yes, you may call me a 'teenage whiney bitch' BUT that doesn't solve my problem!

All I need from some of you is some help!
Before i emotionally break down.
I live in close quarters with my dad, I am home taught and do spend all my days at home. Because i live in Spain for the moment as my dad is working out here. I dont speak the language. And i don't have any friends here.
My dad gets frustrated and then takes it out on me.
Yes i understand i need to do things around the house and i do, many a things i help him whenever i can.
I'm not getting into the place where I was before. When we were in the US, we were always around each other so there was always anger between us. My brother was there so they always would fight. Never a day without fighting.
I do have problems from my past where I have pressed all my emotions down so when things happen they all come out at once.
All i need is some advice on how to deal with being so close to him all the time and the frustration and get so down when he takes almost everything out on me.

Remembering, calling me names and giving me bad rep doesn't help.

BrIONwoshMunky

EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY!
Staff
meh_it_all said:
Ok. Before we go into this. I've already written post about my dad before. Yes, you may call me a 'teenage whiney bitch' BUT that doesn't solve my problem!

All I need from some of you is some help!
Before i emotionally break down.
I live in close quarters with my dad, I am home taught and do spend all my days at home. Because i live in Spain for the moment as my dad is working out here. I dont speak the language. And i don't have any friends here.
My dad gets frustrated and then takes it out on me.
Yes i understand i need to do things around the house and i do, many a things i help him whenever i can.
I'm not getting into the place where I was before. When we were in the US, we were always around each other so there was always anger between us. My brother was there so they always would fight. Never a day without fighting.
I do have problems from my past where I have pressed all my emotions down so when things happen they all come out at once.
All i need is some advice on how to deal with being so close to him all the time and the frustration and get so down when he takes almost everything out on me.

Remembering, calling me names and giving me bad rep doesn't help.

My old pops used to be an ass... he still is, but I pay him no mind. I know you don't have anything else to do but be at home, and home is where the problems are, but you can beat him at his own game... hes trying to pass his anger on. Don't let him... make it end with him... make him have to deal with it. I started to laugh at my dad when he yelled at me, I would laugh out of shear frustration, laughing and crying both, I knew it was hopeless. Well, after a while of the laughing/crying thingummies, I stopped crying and just started laughing.

If you can figure out what's makin your pops so pissed, throw it into his face. My dad was a self-employed construction worker, but after about 15 years of it, his body was fallin apart and he got a different job, it had a boss, and no one listened to him... Dad is kinda a power tripper, so the only people who would listen to him were his family, and he would get all mad at us for stupid shit. Like my little sis and I would get off of the bus after school and walk into the house and dad would ask us if we fed the animals, knowing good and well that we had absolutely no time to have done it, and then proceed to yell at us for not doing it. After a while, I just started asking him how work went with a shit eating smirk on my face... and he quit asking me dumb questions and I quit asking him dumb questions.

Laughter will surely solve your problems, or at least make them funny to you. The bad thing is though that you'll start laughing at things that aren't supposed to be funny, like scary movies... those are so hilarious!

meh_it_all

WTF.com Sexy Pimp-ette.
Thank you Brainwashmonkey,

I must be off to bed now as its late here. And I will think about what you said.
I wrote him an email telling him he needs to be more positive and I will help him out more.

I'll report how tomorrow goes...