WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Nervous!

TwisT

Hooked on Rocks!
So here's the deal!
My kid is really smart and does well at every academic level mind you he is still only eight. He has never had the drive to play in a contact sport or any sport, he's just not interested. Three months ago I got tired of askin him what he would like to do, and him playin nintendo to fill his time?? When I was a kid I was always playin soft ball then base ball! One day bout three months ago we where at the pizza joint down the street havin what else but a pizza and noticed a Kenpo Dojo next door! We cruized in and chatted with the instructor and explained the situation and he pretty much sold momma on the self confidence and dicipline of Karate! Next thing you know we signed him up for 6 months! I said fuck it he's gotta do somethin! Three months down the road he loves it!!!!! Three times a week hour sessions and one half hour session!!!!

Sweet, Im more stoked than he!!! Well now it's time for the tournament and all the kids are goin so he wants to go!!! Im not sure if he's ready but once again fuck it, he gotta start sometime and what better way to learn than by making mistakes!!! But here's the prob! He is a tremendous poor sport!! To the point that he starts to take himself out of the game (if you will). Just today he was sparring at the Dojo with the other yellow belts and whan called upon for a kick he landed to hard on a another it was like the wind died in his sail and after that the drive and focus was GONE!
This disturbs me as a parent I hate poor sports and quitters especially when it's my son! So all day I've been coaching him on confidence!!! Not getting his hopes up is the key! Staying strong and focused on the goal, not getting sidetracked by the negative aspect of losing, but the positive in rebounding!!!!!!

This is his first ever appearance as anything in front of anybody so I'm really trying to be the bridge of confidence! It's been a long time coming in the prepping of his attitude for tomorrow and I hope he really shines! I don't want him to finish first place. Somewhere in the middle is fine! Fuck I'll take last place I just want him to learn more than anything, and have a good attitude! The best way to learn is by making mistakes and I hope he walks away winner!!

Wish us luck today is the tournament and we are gonna KICK SOME ASS!

Icarus

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
I'm glad your son has found something he enjoys.

Good luck to him in the tournament, and good luck to you in teaching him to be a good sportsman.

I have no good advice :happysad:

Insanitee

I know where you live!
WHAT!!!??? You DONT want him to finish first place... And you’re coaching him in self confidence... Go figure.

Anyway, awesome what you got him into, I did it when i was a kid, helped me kick alotta’ losers asses!!!!!

GOOD LUCK! [With everything... Not just your kid]

:punch:

gurlgonewild

Was machen Sie?
:yikes: and here i thought you were the child all along twist. LOL
well to young to be procreating correctly at least!

GL w/ your son man, let us know how it turns out!

LiberatioN

Trance Addict
Insanitee said:
WHAT!!!??? You DONT want him to finish first place... And you’re coaching him in self confidence... Go figure.

Anyway, awesome what you got him into, I did it when i was a kid, helped me kick alotta’ losers asses!!!!!

GOOD LUCK! [With everything... Not just your kid]

:punch:
I think he means he simply doesn't care how well his son does. He doesn't want him to think he has to win to feel good about himself.

I think one of the main things you can do as a parent is just tell him how proud you are of him. When I was a kid and I'd lose, my parents would always reassure me by reminding me that there will always be someone that can beat you but as long as you have fun and do your best, you're the true winner. They teach this concept in YMCA sports by not keeping track of the score for the little kids.

*Reminisces back to his days in Tee-Ball*

Just keep a positive and excited attitude with him, and ask him questions about how he feels. I guess that's my only advice.