WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

New APC cd

bigck3000

The Iron Lung
Emotive....I hate to say it because i love "The Thirteenth Step" but this cd is fucking garbage....its mostly covers of old "touchy-feely" songs, but its really trite and not really on par with their normal subject matter or musical ability. It sounds like it was thrown together in a couple of weeks with no thought or anything....guess i'll have to wait until the next one.

gehtfuct

HuGE
Staff
bigck3000 said:
Emotive....I hate to say it because i love "The Thirteenth Step" but this cd is fucking garbage....its mostly covers of old "touchy-feely" songs, but its really trite and not really on par with their normal subject matter or musical ability. It sounds like it was thrown together in a couple of weeks with no thought or anything....guess i'll have to wait until the next one.
I didn't know they had a new one out. I DO know Maynard needs to stop fuckin' around and geht a new Tool CD out.

supposedtabeme

The Skinny One
APC was different than Tool; which was awesome (I love Tool too), in 13th step some songs had too many resemblances with Tool.

I just hope this CD doesn't turn out as my theory of APC turning into a second Tool Blah.

gehtfuct

HuGE
Staff
supposedtabeme said:
APC was different than Tool; which was awesome (I love Tool too), in 13th step some songs had too many resemblances with Tool.

I just hope this CD doesn't turn out as my theory of APC turning into a second Tool Blah.
A Perfect Circle and Tool are fronted by the same man. Maynard James Keenan. As a matter of fuct,Maynard fronts several other bands and he also writes the lyrics for alot of bands you hear everyday. Thank you.

supposedtabeme

The Skinny One
gehtfuct said:
A Perfect Circle and Tool are fronted by the same man. Maynard James Keenan. As a matter of fuct,Maynard fronts several other bands and he also writes the lyrics for alot of bands you hear everyday. Thank you.
I know this, but each time APC sounds even more familiar to Tool.
Thank you very much!

bigck3000

The Iron Lung
Tool is tolerable, the only problem i have, is that i like the more subdued and melodic APC, better...so i was kinda put off on the first listen of Tool, with its harshness and its representative fan base is almost laughable....all the little "pity me, I'm ugly, Nobody likes me" kids with their black coats and shit...I understand thats not everyone but its really sad when you claim to enjoy a band but dont understand or even care what the songs mean..."Why do you like Tool/APC"..."Its Dark"... :rolleyes:

Smoke

Banned - What an Asshat!
Tool > Apc.
Tool's older stuff is way better, such as opiate, n shit like that.

tzedek

Original Member
* > Tool

apc is cool though

gehtfuct

HuGE
Staff
There are three ways to appriciate Tool/APC.
1.Just listen to it.
2.Read the lyrics,to understand his meaning.
3.listen and read along.

At first I couldn't stand Tool,mostly because,I was into Rap(ICP type shit) at the time. Now,in my opinion,I think Maynard is a musical genius. Though,he is a twisted fuck,still genius. I have yet to hear any of the new CD,I may check out the APC home page first before I buy it.

bigck3000

The Iron Lung
its seeded all over suprnova...took like three hours to get it...but trust me...even the hardcore fans i know agreed with me that its complete shit...dont spend your money, but do download it.

gehtfuct

HuGE
Staff
bigck3000 said:
its seeded all over suprnova...took like three hours to get it...but trust me...even the hardcore fans i know agreed with me that its complete shit...dont spend your money, but do download it.
Thanks for the advice,man. What sucks is;my wife is an APC freak. She'll buy it even if it blows butt.
Thanks,I will down load it first. :thumbsup: