WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

New Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
The noobs should have to post in their own forum until they reach + 1500 rep, similar to the cockfarm but for noobs.

icka

fuckoffanddiekthx!
if i had to do that i would find another forum. you can'T punish new people right off the bat - they should need to give you a reason (hence the cock farm)

keebs

Particinator
i agree with icka, due to there is a flaw in that, if its just a bunch of newbs talking and they all have no rep power, how are they suppose to get up 1500rep in resonable amount of time? also i think this would hurt WTF.com, many newbs whould not stay sence i can see a lack of post in that area, so they think "well this sucks, im out", and WTF.com growth rate whould be slowed down alot.

Maybe not +1500 rep, but at least 50 posts so you know they would stay and arent just doing it for games.

Jung

???
Premium
Dave666 said:
The noobs should have to post in their own forum until they reach + 1500 rep, similar to the cockfarm but for noobs.
How about we make it newbs with less that 1500 posts? See you in about 1100 posts, junior. :thumbsup:

icka

fuckoffanddiekthx!
Dave666 said:
Maybe not +1500 rep, but at least 50 posts so you know they would stay and arent just doing it for games.
in order to play arcade games here you have to have a certain amount of posts

one step ahead of you there buddy

oh d-d-d-dear JUNGLIZM that means im gone too!

Jung

???
Premium
Dave666 said:
New members already have to make 100 posts before they can play in the arcade. This has been in effect since before you even joined, albeit it was only 50 posts originally.

Slacker

Postaholic
Instead of making them get that rep they have to get more then 25 post on their welcome thread to show that they can make a good quality thread it should work if they dont do that they will not be able to post on regular threads hence the cock farm. Then they would follow the cock farm rules.

Jung

???
Premium
Linksy said:
Instead of making them get that rep they have to get more then 25 post on their welcome thread to show that they can make a good quality thread it should work if they dont do that they will not be able to post on regular threads hence the cock farm. Then they would follow the cock farm rules.
I can't even find a Welcome Wagon thread from you, so what would we do in your case? Hmmm...

Slacker

Postaholic
junglizm said:
I can't even find a Welcome Wagon thread from you, so what would we do in your case? Hmmm...
Well you would have to make them have a Welcome thread. That should be required as there first thread.

Jung

???
Premium
Linksy said:
Well you would have to make them have a Welcome thread. That should be required as there first thread.
Point being, you didn't even make a welcome thread ,now you want to force others to do so, or have them cock farmed? What if we decided to do this retroactively?
icka said:
These Ideas Are Stupid

So Just Forget Them!

LiberatioN

Trance Addict
Dumb idea. :thumbsdn: That's what welcome wagon is intended for.

And whoever said it, I agree:
If a n00b is restricted, they're just gonna get bored and not want to stick around. If they don't have a reason to stick around besides accessing other boards eventually, they won't.

junglizm said:
How about we make it newbs with less that 1500 posts? See you in about 1100 posts, junior. :thumbsup:
Noticee how I have been here longer than you, so that would make you a noob too. I like the welcome wagon suggestion.

BRiT

CRaZY
Founder
As others have said, if a member is restricted, they're not going to stick around. There should be no restrictions on what new members need to do, other than read the rules, faqs, and sign up. It's better to give them a certain amount of trust and restrict things later if they're a PITA.

And another thing, its not the amount of time someone is around that makes them a noob, it's their behavior. So despite some people being around longer, they will be considered more of a noob than someone just joining. Some people are beyond help.

End of discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.