New Idea.

_Kitana_

Angel of Death
Guys this came from someone and I would like to get a bit of feed back. A person suggested that the threads are getting confusing cause they are become 1 line replies and going WAY off topic. He suggested that we start moding threads that get to far off topic. Such as, lets say you start a baseball thread and it shifts to a fishing trip. (That we either edit or close it)

But if you started talking about baseball and went to a player or related subject matter that dealt with baseball it stays open. My question to posters a like. Do you guys feel this would be conflicting with your freedom of expression or do you think it would be helping overall with the site.

This is something I am willing to test in chit chat if you guys feel confortable with it. This is as much your site as it is the mods who run it.

Thanks,

Kitana

magnolia

Postaholic
I think we could edit it back to the orriginal(sp) topic or try to get it back on topic, but i'm not for closing it for going too far off topic.

_Kitana_

Angel of Death
This was brought up by another poster. We could always split the thread too mag, to get out all the worthless junk. Though it would be tuff. Since this is kind of the waste land of the forum

Jung

???
Premium
I think topics should only be moderated for trolling or infractions of the rules. Conversations tend to shift topics sometimes, this is the nature of conversation. Ruling threads with an iron fist makes it un-enjoyable to post. Especially when you go off topic a lot yourself. I don’t feel that it’s all that terrible to get off topic a bit, as long as they conversations aren’t flame wars. I’m not a mod though, and I seriously doubt my opinion counts for very much here. Just my :twocents: though.

_Kitana_

Angel of Death
junglizm said:
I think topics should only be moderated for trolling or infractions of the rules. Conversations tend to shift topics sometimes, this is the nature of conversation. Ruling threads with an iron fist makes it un-enjoyable to post. Especially when you go off topic a lot yourself. I don’t feel that it’s all that terrible to get off topic a bit, as long as they conversations aren’t flame wars. I’m not a mod though, and I seriously doubt my opinion counts for very much here. Just my :twocents: though.

No this was not my idea. It was an Idea of poster talking in IRC chat. About some changes they wanted to see done. I am asking other posters how they feel. I am willing to try it in chit chat. I realize that it shifts and was one of my key points I brought up. I for one to cut down on the name calling/flaming in itself.

magnolia

Postaholic
_Kitana_ said:
No this was not my idea. It was an Idea of poster talking in IRC chat.

Kit, we know this. It was a good idea, but it has it's flaws. If we work out the flaws, it might work. But i don't know. We need more oppinions.

_Kitana_

Angel of Death
magnolia said:
Kit, we know this. It was a good idea, but it has it's flaws. If we work out the flaws, it might work. But i don't know. We need more oppinions.

I know. I was making sure people don't take this as me abusing my powers so get use to hearing that Maggie.

It is flawed most Ideas are and the only way to work out the flaws is to try it.

Jung

???
Premium
_Kitana_ said:
No this was not my idea. It was an Idea of poster talking in IRC chat. About some changes they wanted to see done. I am asking other posters how they feel. I am willing to try it in chit chat. I realize that it shifts and was one of my key points I brought up.
Thanks, I missed that when I entirely read your op.

TwisT

Hooked on Rocks!
junglizm said:

Gotta agree with Jung on this one! It's natural that a conversation would shift, and so what if it does?

BRiT

CRaZY
Founder
TwisT said:
Gotta agree with Jung on this one! It's natural that a conversation would shift, and so what if it does?

But why not try to have some sort of organization? That would lead to facilitating for others to more easily contribute, no?

Grumpy Old Man

Pissed Off
I am against editing posts or deleting them unless they are spamming or breaking the rules .

A thread stands or drops on it's own merit .

jmho

TheLampIncident

Modern Moses
I'm not trying to make a point of posts get deleted or edited. I'm saying that threads that go off topic should be closed and if you want to start talking about something, start a new thread for it. God damn.

MsPunK

Tenderony
i think there should maybe be an option at the top right like the bad rep/good rep things to say "off topic" then if enough people click on it the post gets dleeted. then its more of a universal decision. but i mean it doesnt really bother me that much

ChilianFuckFace

Banned - What an Asshat!
I agree with junglizm. I would not like to see threads moderated. It might as well be an all MOD forum if is going to come down to that. :thumbsdn:

_Kitana_

Angel of Death
People were against the writer's block when we first opened that. What do you say, we try this for a week and see what happens. I am kind of for this idea and kind of not. Would like to see how it played out and if it cuts down on the stupid shit?