WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

New iPod Mini

www.apple.com/ipodmini/
The old;4GB;$350(canadian);8 Hour Battery Life
The new;6GB;$320 (canadian);18 Hour Battery Life.
I. Am. Pissed. Too late to return mine, and the new fuckers are way batter for less than I paid! :mad: Man, does anyone else feel gypped by Apple??

Jung

???
Premium
That sucks for you :( I never thought the minis were worth it though, they're not that much cheaper than the 20GB iPods, or at least they weren't. I'm pissed that I spent so much on my 40GB though. :(
Bibas said:
Same 'ere. I prefer normal mp3 players.
How is the iPod not a "normal" mp3 player?

Bibas

That's Illogical.
Well, I actually bought some "no-name" mp3 player, which has a 12 h battery life, with a load of functions (which really i don't care about), and - well that 's a minus - only 512 mb. BUT i gave something like 60$(US) for it, and i'm quite happy. And i heard (but only heard, don't know if it's true), that iPod's can't play all of the files, like WAW, ASF, WMV. And hell...it's an iPod isn't ? That's why it is strange... :p
If i'm mistaken about the files, then sorry. But i can buy some additional mb's, and it'll still cost a lot less than an iPod...or maybe i am mistaken...

Jung

???
Premium
Bibas said:
iPod's can't play all of the files, like WAW, ASF, WMV. And hell...it's an iPod isn't ? That's why it is strange... :p
If i'm mistaken about the files, then sorry. But i can buy some additional mb's, and it'll still cost a lot less than an iPod...or maybe i am mistaken...
No, you're correct about the file limitations; iPods only play mp3, aac, and apple lossless files. I wouldn't be trying to play wav or asf on a portable player anyway though; they're lossless files with no compression, and would be huge in size. I can't see playing wma either, as it's a seriously shitty codec. Even wma pro (read: DRM version) is only 128Kb, normal wma's are only 64KB :(. I do wish the iPod had ogg and mpc support though, and ape or flac lossless support would be nice too.

I like the durability of my iPod though; it was the main selling point for me. I've dropped mine many times, on concrete, and from considerable heights and it still works perfect. I also like the fact that I can store 40GB of music on it. It saves me having to swap out files all the time. ;)

Bibas

That's Illogical.
Yeah, this great iPod space, and the 16h long play is the stuff i would like to have in my mp3 player...but speaking of durability - some of the mp3 players don't need it, as they are very light...thou i still say that i bought my mp3 player, 'cause it was cheap ;). Give me more cash, and i'll stick with the iPod :p

Onitsuka said:
www.apple.com/ipodmini/
The old;4GB;$350(canadian);8 Hour Battery Life
The new;6GB;$320 (canadian);18 Hour Battery Life.
I. Am. Pissed. Too late to return mine, and the new fuckers are way batter for less than I paid! :mad: Man, does anyone else feel gypped by Apple??
Fucking incredible. The world goes forward. New Technology is made for cheaper production prices. It happens.

Amoeba

Strange Amoeboid Creature
http://www.ninjapirate.com/ipod.html

But with 40MB, don't you start off with the same song again, so you have to listen to the thing for hours before you get to where you left off last time?

(Go to the link if you're thinking of buying an iPod)

</rant>

Tenderony
Amoeba said:

But with 40MB, don't you start off with the same song again, so you have to listen to the thing for hours before you get to where you left off last time?

What a twat. Not you, the link. If he owned one he'd have no complaints.

</rant>

Jung

???
Premium
Amoeba said:

I find it funny that people who actually own iPods aren't so retarded about them.

Descent

Hella Constipated
My 20GB Entempo Spirit's hard drive died randomly a month or so back.

It's not Entempo's fault. They will repair it for free :).

I love that thing. Big as a Walkman, but has an interface identical to that of an iPod, HD shock protection (On the hard drive's level! It operates similar to IBM's technology), FM radio recording, voice recording, and a big, high-res, backlighted screen.

It's built like a tank too, unlike the iPod.

Also, the Sony MD sucked balls until they added in MP3 support.

My ipod sux

I got an ipod mini for christmas and i hate the stupid thing!! The battery is always dying and if you wait too long to plug it into the computer, the itunes wont play on it. I think getting a cd player woulve been better, when it craps out the only thing left on it are songs i imported from cds. It turns out that with the exception of like twice a week all i got was a really expensive cd player... go figure