WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

new job.. wont go good with mom...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darklight

Oppressing your posts...
ok so I interviewed for a new job today... some kind of oil servey/consulting job telling big oil companies how to suck the earth dry better.. not that I care its money.. but it requires I move... half way acrossed the nation... my father is rather receptive of the idea even though It means he will see me and his grandson less.. my mother is another story...

my mother is a rather dependant woman. Although she lives on her own, she doesnt make a good living, lives in a small apartment with no one and no pets.. She is a hypocondriac(thinks she has every illness, if your stupid). She is a born again religious nut, and kind of annoying.. but she's mom and I love her... my brother doesn't visiter or talk to her at all.. He seems to have givin up on dealing with her... I also am the father of her only grandchild..

she is the queen of guilt trips.. she will likely tell me how she will never see any of her kids again or her only grandson and how she cannot go on without seeing her family.. blah blah... make my life miserable...

what to do...

void

Banned - What an Asshat!
this sounds like my wife and her mom.. whatever you do you won't win, so do what hurts least..

as my sister keeps saying, 'you can pick your friends but not your family', we're kind of stuck with the situation..

good luck.

Brazen

BAD, BOLD, BRAZEN
If you need the money bad enough, go for it. Your old enough to make your own decisions.

raverel

Flame Bait
I'm_Darth_Vader said:
If you need the money bad enough, go for it. Your old enough to make your own decisions.
i agree. if you need the money go for it. your mom will get used with the ideea that she won't will see you and your son that often. but just keep in touch with her(at least on the phone) on a regular basis.

UberSkippy

a.k.a. FuckTheBullShit
Well, 2 things for you to realize

1. Mom sounds like she kind of needs to get out a bit. Not having you around may help with that.

2. You could always point out that she could come to visit once in a while.

Just remind her that you have to do what's best for YOUR family, her GRANDSON. If she uses guilt, use it back. "What mom, did you want little Johnny to miss out on life so that we can hang out with you?"

megalania

The Awesome
Hey

Um...Poison her oatmeal? Tell her she has receded into a pit of self loathing and you dont want your child exposed to it. There is no comeback to that statement. Its the nuclear option in all matters of family.

UberSkippy

a.k.a. FuckTheBullShit
megalania said:
Um...Poison her oatmeal? Tell her she has receded into a pit of self loathing and you dont want your child exposed to it. There is no comeback to that statement. Its the nuclear option in all matters of family.
This thread is nearly a year old and the situation has already been resolved.

Learn to look at thread dates.

Status
Not open for further replies.