WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

New music fucking sucks.

Jack

Personable
How is possible that 99.9% of all the music on the radio fucking sucks? I fucking hate Nelly, who the fuck listens to that garbage? Maroon 5 sucks about one hundred times worse. Hoobastank? Holy Christ is that a horrible band!
Now, I know this sounds a little off, but, when was it that Pop Music turned into complete shit? I mean how much J Lo can one person handle? Why is this acceptable? MTV doesn't play anything cutting edge anymore; it's all the same five or six easliy digestable songs, and they're all fucking rubbish.
Can't young America collectively complain? Can you just stop buying whatever fucking NOW CD that just came out? Or Brittany? Or Three Doors Down? Or fucking (Holy Christ I hate him) Usher? I could go on forever.
This is why I keep myself on a steady diet of Air Supply and Gordon Lightfoot.

Shaggy2Dope94

My axe is my buddy
Man u just relized the radio fuckin sucks????

i havent listened to to the radio in forever :thumbsup:

I listen to ICP and they dont play them on the radio

Jack

Personable
I've known it for some time, only now have I vented.

dookie

OMGWTFBBQ!!1!
okay first off, you americans don't have triple J.

it's a radio station broadcast nationwide across this big brown land, it is funded my the government, which means no commercials. they play mostly newly released alternative/indie tracks from all over the world.

they are closely tied to ABC television, which broadcasts a kickass music show called rage. it airs from midnight-9am friday nights, when they play mostly new videos. the saturday edition is usually hosted by a band or solo artist who has toured australia recently, they basically get to choose about 50 videos to play and occasionally get to introduce them.

One marked characteristic of Rage is the stark simplicity of the programming. The only time a human is delivering dialogue to the camera is when guest programmers appear on the Saturday night edition. Otherwise, the videos are run end-to-end with the occasional quick branding clip to break them up. The titling on the videos is also very simple and no other logos or watermarks appear over the clip. Rage is a bonanza to anyone wishing to record music video clips.

Similar to Triple J, Rage tends to play more alternative music and other non-mainstream genres than its commercial counterpart(s). The specials on the Saturday night editions vary over time. Often it's a simple dedication to an established artist by showing a large amount of their work. These types of specials are a gold mine for any fan wishing to record video clips, although this practice has largely become irrelevant as music DVD's have appeared. As an example of the other types of specials shown, in early 2004 edited highlights from Countdown (from the 70's and 80's) and Recovery (from the 90's) were shown over many weeks. Due to its huge timeslot Rage can devote the air-time to show such large amounts of material.

Since Rage's inception, Triple J has simulcast Rage from 1am up until 6am. This ended in 2003 when Triple J introduced their new dance show The Club in the same timeslot.

In this small town I live in, we have 3 radio stations. One's country ( :thumbsdn: ) one's talk ( :thumbsdn: ) and one plays shitty stuff... the same 3 maroon 5 songs over and over, maybe mixed with a bit of good charlotte or hoobastank. ( :thumbsdn: :thumbsdn: :thumbsdn: )

I haven't listened to the radio in years.

The radio stations here, aren't too bad.

It's a big city, so we've got a big selection. At least 12 stations. I think.

They switch up the playlists quite often, and there's so many request hours, or different shows, it's hard to get tired of listening to the radio.

But, if all else fails, stick to your faithful cd collection.:thumbsup:

Also, chit chat moderator, please move this to entertainment ave.

Mtv doesn't play musiic anymore all they do is have that fucking inferno bulshit. Sunday is the only day with descent shows on, other than that it's fuckin' Usher and lil jon, or some queer pop shit. The radio isn't too bad once in awhile I'll get a weekend of shitty music but not very often.

Arghhh....I hate when people absolutely HAVE to follow whats fucking "hip" or "in". I was talking to my friend the other day, he IMs me and says "what is it?" i say "what is what?" he says "what's up...it's ****** talk" WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT. I hate pop culture :mfinger:

mmm...cheese

Banned - What an Asshat!
HavokChylde said:
The radio stations here, aren't too bad.

It's a big city, so we've got a big selection. At least 12 stations. I think.

They switch up the playlists quite often, and there's so many request hours, or different shows, it's hard to get tired of listening to the radio.

But, if all else fails, stick to your faithful cd collection.:thumbsup:

Also, chit chat moderator, please move this to entertainment ave.
I live in Alaska. . . We have about 25. . .

Smoke

Banned - What an Asshat!
Radio sucks.
MTV sucks.

Unedited-uncensored music on directtv?
pwn.

Binarycow

The guy with the fast KIA
Man, it was so crazy. When I was in Moscow, Russia, they had some of the TIGHTEST shit you've ever heard. That is, because, I'm really into trance and shit, so they had a lot there, and I was totally stoked, because here in Duluth, MN, we have like, 12 shitty ass stations. When I am in the car, I bring the iPod, or listen to National Public Radio.

who really cares! All I am hearing is WAAWAAWAA big deal if you don't like whats on the radio change the station or shut it off! Ever hear of downloading music or buying some cd's of music you like! Bunch of cry babies Damn!

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
Oh thank god, a 3 month old thread returned to haunt us.

Air

Fresh Meat
dookie said:
okay first off, you americans don't have triple J.
Other than triple J, which is my favourite, Australian Radio is too easily influenced by America. All we get these days is black rap crap. (No racism intended, but its true). Rap sucks ass.

dull_bullet said:
Arghhh....I hate when people absolutely HAVE to follow whats fucking "hip" or "in". I was talking to my friend the other day, he IMs me and says "what is it?" i say "what is what?" he says "what's up...it's ****** talk" WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT. I hate pop culture
I agree. My mates favourite song is Hotel California by the eagles or the beetles or something.. :thumbsup: Not that I'm really into that, but bring back REAL MUSIC -