WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

New or Old?

What should I do? ( read first )

• Total voters

Freakless

One Horn3y Mofo
First I would like to say, forgive me for being a complete loser and asking this on a forum. But I can't go to any of my friends about this, because I know what they would say.

Current Girlfriend:
  • We have had a pretty boring, easy going, relationship.
  • She is probably the nicest girl I have ever met.
  • Doesn't have to much in common with me, except for we are both really nice, and she likes my favorite band.
  • I'm going to go to college near by, but she is not going to.
  • I don't see how our relationship will last through college.

New Girl:
  • She is a freshman, who seems mature for her age, with a little bit of blonde syndrome.
  • She was voted by my friends and I the hottest freshman this year.
  • We have only been talking, and hangin out(as friends) for a couple of days but according to her friends they say that she has had the hugest crush on me since the beggining of track season.
  • She is "my friend's girl" in the sense that he likes her and they hang out, but she told me that she doesn't think she actually likes him.
  • She is so energetic and fun to be around

Its not that I don't like my girlfriend, but we don't really have anything new to talk about ever, its just always hows your day, and our weekends consist of hanging out at each other's houses, or going to a movie. I know all relationships get like this eventually, but I'm only in highschool, and I have been single a total of 5 months since 8th grade.

Do you think I should dump my girlfriend and give this new girl a try?
Or should I dump my girlfriend and just remain single for a while?
Or should I just stick with the relationship I'm in?
Cheating is not an option because I don't do that, even though it would be the easiest thing to do....

I know I can't ask you to decide for me, I'm just asking what you would do given this situation, and tell me if I'm being a dumbass or not.

Easty

Click click boom
that sucks dude. how far away is college? if it's drivable to maintain a relationship, then go for it. but more importantly, do you like the relationship with her? if yes, then try to keep it together and explain the long distance relationship shpeal. if no, then hook up with the new chick and see if it is better than the last one. im in college too, but the chick i was with didnt want a long distance relationship, even if i am 1 1/2 hrs away. :(

your call though, dude :thumbsup:

ps: losers dont get 2 girls wanting their sack at once ;)

Goatstack

You just keep on typing..
keep the current one till college, then go to college: drink, have sex, fail. then come back and act all cool with the old freshman being all 'college boy' and have your way with her.

:rolleyes:

You should seriously stick with what you have. A 'crush' is so unreliable to base any sort of lasting relationship on. Just stay friends, unless you're really set on being an 'item'.

well you are young, the name of the game is exploration. i do hesatate on the "dumping thing" only cause, the grass always looks greener on the other side. you have hit your comfortable stage with your gf, and now your looking for "excitment". sure theres nothing wrong with it, but ask yourself, is she worth losing? the other girl may look better, but you may lose a lot more by walking away form your current gf. i didn't vote, cause the choice is yours. just look at it from all angles first and make the choice. but keep in mind all you may lose. good luck

BigTexMarine25

how YOU doin'?
it almost souds like you have your mind made up. but you do need to decide if the current girl is one that you can stand losing. newer is not always better. but the newer girl does sound like more of someone to be with. have you talked with the current girlfriend to see how she feels or to see if something can be worked out? who knows, she might be feeling that the relatinoship has run its course also. but you will never know unless you talk to her. if you dont feel like you can talk to her, then there is something wrong right there. she should be one of the first and easiest people to talk to. but before you decide to pursue anything with this new girl, you need to talk to the current one so that there are no bad decisions made and no regrets or animosity.

meh_it_all

WTF.com Sexy Pimp-ette.
What you need to think about is, Are you and her happy in the current relationship your in??
If not, One person (or even two people) doesn't need to be un-happy in a relationship, I've seen so many people this happen to.
It's the whole, I love him/her but I'm not happy, so they get stuck in the routine of being in a relationship and can't get out.
So the question is, Are you happy? And if you still 'love/like the girl then you should try and make it more exciting.
Then the second question is, Do you want to throw away that for the energetic girl who has a crush on you and might not stick around for awhile?
'Cos it would kinda stuck if you expect to be with this new girl and then it ended.
Do some research first, dude :p Good luck.

JLXC

WTF's Official Conspiracy Fanatic
Premium
You're young, so give new things a try. Don't stay in a relationship because it's easy. Take the new hot chick and make her scream your name.

Bitch

Evil Fluffy says: I PEE IN YOUR SHOES!
Premium
Meh is right. Are you happy? Do you really like the girl you are with? Why not try to spice things up a bit. If that doesn't work or you really don't think you like her anymore no reason why you can't break up and try the new girl. I'd suggest give yourself a little time in between at least to get over the relationship you are currently in. Noone likes freshly packed baggage. You can't avoid baggage but the ones that have been collecting dust at least is old news and you'd be ready to move on. Anyhoo, it does sound liek you like the girl you are with. Talk to her. Try to find out some things she'd like to do or is in to trying out. She maybe be a quiet person and doesn't make the first move. You may have to be the one to try to get things in motion. Again, you are young and you don't have to stick it out just because it's convenient. It's a hard decision to make but remember, relatiosnhips weren't meant to be easy. They take work. Bottom line...listen to your own heart. If you aren't happy then it may be time to move on.

I can't answer your poll because I wouldn't say stick with it if you aren't happy. I dont' believe in rebound relationships but you seem to liek this new girl so due to moral sake, I'll just remain out of the poll.

TwisT

Hooked on Rocks!
Freakless said:
First I would like to say, forgive me for being a complete loser and asking this on a forum. But I can't go to any of my friends about this, because I know what they would say.

Current Girlfriend:
  • We have had a pretty boring, easy going, relationship.
  • She is probably the nicest girl I have ever met.
  • Doesn't have to much in common with me, except for we are both really nice, and she likes my favorite band.
  • I'm going to go to college near by, but she is not going to.
  • I don't see how our relationship will last through college.

New Girl:
  • She is a freshman, who seems mature for her age, with a little bit of blonde syndrome.
  • She was voted by my friends and I the hottest freshman this year.
  • We have only been talking, and hangin out(as friends) for a couple of days but according to her friends they say that she has had the hugest crush on me since the beggining of track season.
  • She is "my friend's girl" in the sense that he likes her and they hang out, but she told me that she doesn't think she actually likes him.
  • She is so energetic and fun to be around

Its not that I don't like my girlfriend, but we don't really have anything new to talk about ever, its just always hows your day, and our weekends consist of hanging out at each other's houses, or going to a movie. I know all relationships get like this eventually, but I'm only in highschool, and I have been single a total of 5 months since 8th grade.

Do you think I should dump my girlfriend and give this new girl a try?
Or should I dump my girlfriend and just remain single for a while?
Or should I just stick with the relationship I'm in?
Cheating is not an option because I don't do that, even though it would be the easiest thing to do....

I know I can't ask you to decide for me, I'm just asking what you would do given this situation, and tell me if I'm being a dumbass or not.
and the dust settles again!

If your friend really seems to like this freshmen girl then perhaps you need to decide if your friendship with this person is worth risking of a girl. I do however think you should get rid of your current girlfriend, if the relationship is not moving forward then there is no need in prolonging the inevitable.

Damn, can you spell thread bumping?
This guy is probably long gone, and by now, he has probably already solved his problem, no thanks to the people here.

Hater808

The hate still Shapes me
I like the give new things a try. Your in college have fun. I voted for sticking it out just because you don't want to give up a pretty good thing. Actually now that I am writing this go find what's best for you. In the end if your happy it will be easier to make others happy.

reafer26

Fresh Meat
Lol Funny How Shit Happens Same Shit Happend Hear..
I Guess Yer Chioce Is Definitly Have A Girl (fer A While) Or Take A Chance And Possibly End With Nothin. Goin Single.... Well Could Be Boring And Lonely. The Question Is Take A Definite , Chance , Or Chicken Out