WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Headlines new party

SilentHunter

One Shot, One Kill
why dont people come together and create a political party that isnt full of baby boomers who rode on reagons coat tails. it is time for our generation to stand up the the right wing bullshit and the left wing tree hugging fuckers. we need something to change the way things are going. soon we will have burn all our bridges. its a diffrent world climate where bombs and money wont be enough. we need to bring the big buisness to there knees. we need to revise some of the law that where writen when cars only went 40 miles an hour. this goes out to the silent majority, in our system we can change anything we want as long as we vote and vote responsibly. "for the people, by the people" that phrase no longer counts when all of our politicains are rich blue bloods or wealthy "tree hugers" who took librial sciences at usc. we need a turning point. we need to come together, though we may not agree on the issues im sure we all agree the people running this country are running it into the ground. a good starting point would be to rally for the impeachment of bush, just to show that you dont have to do a single wrongdoing to get impeached but just be a bad leader

UberSkippy

a.k.a. FuckTheBullShit
We have a new party... the Libertarian party. The green party... Hell Ross Perot tried.

All it has ever done is steal votes from the Democratic party. If Nader hadn't run again maybe we wouldn't be suffering through another Bush cluster fuck.

What we NEED is an ultra conservative Right Wing party to slurp votes from the Replublicans so things will even out. All we're doing now is fracturing the liberal side and handing the Republicans an easy win.

Maybe if we did away with this idiotic voting system we've got and just use a popular vote things would change.

Jung

???
Premium
Creating another third party in our two party system won't accomplish anything. Most people are ignorant of what the third parties are all about, and what they have to offer. Also, since you never see them debate, most people don’t take them seriously. What you should do if you want to push third parties is petition and try to raise awareness for the existing third parties.
UberSkippy said:
Maybe if we did away with this idiotic voting system we've got and just use a popular vote things would change.
I think we should abolish the Electoral College; it was created in a time when mass media wasn’t possible, and the average American wasn’t educated enough to vote for a president. Times have obviously changed, and the EC ends up doing more harm than good these days. This antiquated system does nothing but cause collisions between popular vote and electoral votes.
The only good thing I can say about the EC is that, as it stands now, it’s the only think that keeps the House from voting to break a tie, which is something you really wouldn’t want to happen.

Tostig

Paradoxasaur
we should start the digital party. imagine the campaign resources we'd have if we could convince the geeks of the nation to unite and spread the word.

UberSkippy

a.k.a. FuckTheBullShit
junglizm said:
Times have obviously changed, and the EC ends up doing more harm than good these days. This antiquated system does nothing but cause collisions between popular vote and electoral votes.
The only good thing I can say about the EC is that, as it stands now, it’s the only think that keeps the House from voting to break a tie, which is something you really wouldn’t want to happen.
True but what are the odds that one candidate would get exactly the same votes as another?

I mean a 2% difference out of 50 million voters is still a LOT of votes.

Besides, the last time we had a "tie" the Supreme Court got into the middle of things.

I know you're not disagreeing with me but I'm a soap box mood today. Moving to a pure populist vote would eliminate the power certain states hold while increase the power others have. Actually, it reduces the state lines all together.

Places like Idaho are non-contended states. The only time we see political comersials is when the nightly news carries one because it's so shocking. Removing the ellectoral college would fix that. We'd actually count for something. My vote in a red state wouldn't be a waste of time.

void

Banned - What an Asshat!
the way people vote currently (ie blindly, reactionary, instinctively) we may as well have a vote lottery.
everyone get's a scratchcard and whoever is on it is your vote, but please don't let Diebold make the cards..

I have been saying this for years (maybe not in the manners you all have expressed). We need to stand up and change this crap. One person alone can only change themselves. An informed, intellegent, and reasonable group would have the power to change many things. We need to stop fearing the corporate entity that has infested our governing bodies, and gather to stop discussing the issues and beating around the bush(no pun intended) and start acting. We need to start spreading the word of a million geek march.

Nuclearwinter said:
I have been saying this for years (maybe not in the manners you all have expressed). We need to stand up and change this crap. One person alone can only change themselves. An informed, intellegent, and reasonable group would have the power to change many things. We need to stop fearing the corporate entity that has infested our governing bodies, and gather to stop discussing the issues and beating around the bush(no pun intended) and start acting. We need to start spreading the word of a million geek march.

There's a flaw to your logic unfortunutley...People En Mass...ARE IDIOTS. This is why nothing ever works out as intended. Groups just lead to even more chaos. I wish it weren't so, but it is.

Captain 151

Seeped in a dry Merlot
American politics is cyclical. The voting population is fickle and not as party-driven as you think. Take Bush Sr, for example. Americans liked him, they supported his Desert Storm, and the economy was great.

But in the last 6 months or so of his term, the economy fizzled and went into a down turn. Everyone who'd been supporting Bush turned, and as a result, Clinton (a democrat) was elected. (And Bush didn't even get the support from his own party.)

About a year ago, I said that the Democrat party was FINISHED. They would never win another election, and a new party would have to be formed from its ashes (perhaps two, one being purely liberal, one being socially liberal).

Now, I'm sure the American Presidency is not in jeopardy of one-party management. Yes, I still think GWB is one of, if not the worst president we've ever had, but he certainly hasn't damaged the office, and that should be encouraging.

What I think is an underrepresented political stance of this country is the right leaning liberals. Those with liberal social opinions (pro-choice, pro-stem cell research, pro gay rights, etc) but with conservative economic opinions (less fed power/greater state power, tax/govt program cuts, etc). With a party like this, the backward thinking Christian KOOKS from the republican extremist wing would be eliminated, while the extreme left full fledged despotic democrat would also be eliminated.

R

RedOctober

How idealistic can youngsters be.. :woot:

If you start a political party today, tomorrow the men in black will be infiltrating it. Before you know it, you are sitting in a roller coaster going straight to hell.
With you at the end of a gun.

That's what happened in The Netherlands.

New party.
Electoral success, a political nightmare for the upper class.
Leader shot dead, and members of his party are abusing the party into another conservative funnyfarm.

laurenpeaslee

Banned - What an Asshat!
Good idea fuck bush. HE SHOULD HAVE DIED FROM THAT PRETZLE...at least I think that was him anyway doesn't matter Chaneys gonna die from a heart attack any minute then bush will be impeached for fucking his wife at the funeral. I have a wild imagination don't u love it.

laurenpeaslee

Banned - What an Asshat!
why did god make dicks so wierd

hey i dont have one but i find theres something seriously wrong if you can make a dick on a keyboard like so B------D. Just a thought I had. Also since im on the subject WTF is with pussys too. I mean i have one and its kinda annoying i cant make one on the computor that does seem kinda sexest now doesn't it. Ok the thing that bothers me though is that it actually does look like another pair of lips. anyone else think thats a little scary i mean sometimes people call a dick a banana but it doesnt actually look like one, whereas a pussy looks like lips. IT EVEN HAS A TONGUE>ew. (its not actually that gross but w/e)

Ok i sound wierd so im stoppin but id like to say that I just woke up and im not usually so phycotic. :confused: ;) srry this has nothin to do wit bush just dont know where to post it
P.S. if people whooo know how to post shit not about someones thing tell me how

Janglenut

Particinator
junglizm said:
Creating another third party in our two party system won't accomplish anything. Most people are ignorant of what the third parties are all about, and what they have to offer. Also, since you never see them debate, most people don’t take them seriously. What you should do if you want to push third parties is petition and try to raise awareness for the existing third parties.
I think we should abolish the Electoral College; it was created in a time when mass media wasn’t possible, and the average American wasn’t educated enough to vote for a president. Times have obviously changed, and the EC ends up doing more harm than good these days. This antiquated system does nothing but cause collisions between popular vote and electoral votes.

I agree with your ideas on the thrid parties. People need to realize that we run on a two party system, always have, more than likely always will. It's actually for the good of the American system.

However, I don't believe the electoral college shouldn't be completely abolished. Simply, reformed. Instead of running on a winner-take-all system for the individuals states, we should base it on a proportional system. Sure would make things work a lot better.

R

RedOctober

laurenpeaslee said:
Good idea fuck bush.
Yes... Interesting thought..

Well... In the Netherlands there is a familyname called "Lips"..

Would give a nice oneliner if one of them became president of the USA. :D

R

RedOctober

Janglenut said:
I agree with your ideas on the thrid parties. People need to realize that we run on a two party system, always have, more than likely always will. It's actually for the good of the American system.

However, I don't believe the electoral college shouldn't be completely abolished. Simply, reformed. Instead of running on a winner-take-all system for the individuals states, we should base it on a proportional system. Sure would make things work a lot better.
Well.. I am getting serious now.. :eek:

The problem in the USA is, that companies can donate cash into the pockets of politicians. In that way they buy political influence.
The problem with the neocons is, that they are actually bought by corporate America. The democrats only listen to corporate America, and do their own thing with it. That's why democrats get shot a lot of times by angry dudes somewhere backstage. :gun:

JLXC

WTF's Official Conspiracy Fanatic
Premium
I'm So for this idea. When I was young and idealistic in college I was very much into this idea. After a few years of looking at the system, I gave up. It's fucking pointless. If you REALLY had the goods to start a movement they'd stop you. You have the freedom to bitch and moan, the freedom to meet about it, but if you could effect REAL CHANGE, they'd get rid of you by whatever method was needed (death, jail, etc.)

I hate to be the cynical voice of hell here, but the truth is out there, and they don't want you fucking with it. I guess we should be glad we've been allowed the voice to bitch about it at least. I'm not talking about some mythical boogie man "They", I'm talking about people who use the system for money and power. If you make enough of a stink, they send in the goons. Even local and state politicians wouldn't want you mucking up their system. The system feeds the system, and they like it that way.

Janglenut

Particinator
JLXC said:
I'm So for this idea. When I was young and idealistic in college I was very much into this idea. After a few years of looking at the system, I gave up. It's fucking pointless. If you REALLY had the goods to start a movement they'd stop you. You have the freedom to bitch and moan, the freedom to meet about it, but if you could effect REAL CHANGE, they'd get rid of you by whatever method was needed (death, jail, etc.)

Not really, if you look back through history the parties have changed. Give it time, and enough support from the masses and a third party could very well overtake a major one. Or, join together.

Either or, you're not going to have the "holy representation of the Bush-fuck" people where you have everyone's wishes met. It's simply not going to happen.

R

RedOctober

Well... At last we're talking some sense I think.

It's an old saying, that the revolution eats it's own children.
Every time there is a revolution, you see it's easy to grasp the absolute power in the period right after that, and send the dumbasses that started the revolution home with a piece of candy.. :rolleyes:

That's how the American revolution worked, to get the "nouveau riches" (the new rich) to their power in America, and the French revolution was exactly a copy of that. And in the end the British came and stirred the soup so long untill war broke out between their opponents.

(American civil war, and the wars in Europe)