WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

New Years day breakfast

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
I just made sausage gravy for the first time, and it came out killer.
Had that, over some big buttermilk biscuts, with a eggs, homefries, beans, a V8, and some coffee. Now I'm stuffed.

What is your family's tradition for new years day. Just sit around and recover? Make a big late breakfast? A little of both?

dustinzgirl

Banned - What an Asshat!
MaxPower said:
Had that, over some big buttermilk biscuts, with a eggs, homefries, beans, a V8, and some coffee. Now I'm stuffed.

What is your family's tradition for new years day. Just sit around and recover? Make a big late breakfast? A little of both?
bagels for breakfast and for dinner:

honey glazed ham
stuffing
potatoes and gravy
cheesecake
greenbean casserole
and a bunch of other crap.

and we are supposed to eat black eyed peas, because that is what my grandmother says, but they are gross so Im not even making them.

Signify

Particinator
are homefries like hashbrownish things, or are they actual fries?

Descent

Hella Constipated
Homefries are those thickly sliced french fries you get in restaurants...You know, the wedge shaped ones? Don't worry, I didn't know what they were until a few months ago either.

We had a leg of lamb, and fried potatoes. It was a small dinner in my house, which we do so we can fill up on crap during the countdown.

TwisT

Hooked on Rocks!
Trip to Winchells for some cream cheese muffins!!! sweet. :thumbsup:

i slept till 11, had a slice of pizza for lunch, and didn't eat supper.

gurlgonewild

Was machen Sie?
MaxPower said:

sausage gravy??? really? hmmm sounds good, southern?
no traditions for new years day other than sleeping in real late.
& possibly waking up with a hang over-
then stumbling around for the rest of the day looking for something good to eat.
(but next year, i know who's house i'll be over!!!!!! ha, ha! maxpowers!!) ;)

Fire_ze_Missles

Martha Fuckin' Stewart
I was out all night until 5am, and being throughly trashed, I took it upon myself, along with my buddies, to travel to the nearest Waffle House, and feast. :thumbsup:

well.. no traditions... except wake up real late... eat lunch.. ride around... come home and drink while watching fireworks... then cook a whole lot of things to eat while watching the ball drop... thats it...

Captain 151

Seeped in a dry Merlot
MaxPower said:
Just sit around and recover?
Oh man... did I EVER have to do that this past new years. Countless Jager and Red Headed Slut shots will do that to a man. Boy, what a night!