WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

new years superstitions and stuff

dustinzgirl

Banned - What an Asshat!
So, my family says that if I dont cook and EAT black eyed pea soup for new years, then I will have bad luck. Yeah, there a bunch of hillbillies. Anyways, I hate black eyed peas and Im not much of a soup person. So, fuck it, this year can not possible be worst than the last 27 where I had crap soup.

Signify

Particinator
guh, black eyed pea soup is disgusting. I've never heard of that tradition before, is it just in your family? Or maybe its an american thing...

dustinzgirl

Banned - What an Asshat!
Darkness_Reaper said:
guh, black eyed pea soup is disgusting. I've never heard of that tradition before, is it just in your family? Or maybe its an american thing...
I think its an irish thing? who knows where my family came up with that.

Sektor

Particinator
Never heard that before. Matter of fact, I never knew New Years had superstitions attached to it, and I'm not a superstitious person.

BRiT

CRaZY
Founder
Isn't there some New Year's superstition about eating chicken on New Year's Day?

Descent

Hella Constipated
Not from what I know...

Funny coincidence, we are having Black eyed Pea soup for dinner...MMMmmmm...my favorite! My family is made up of the least superstitious people on Earth. We have never belived in ONE little bit of superstition.

JJ.

Clitpickle
umm, yea I never knew that new years day had superstitions

Jung

???
Premium
I think all of my computers at work crashed on New Years. OMFG!

G's-up

Postaholic
dustinzgirl said:
So, my family says that if I dont cook and EAT black eyed pea soup for new years, then I will have bad luck. Yeah, there a bunch of hillbillies. Anyways, I hate black eyed peas and Im not much of a soup person. So, fuck it, this year can not possible be worst than the last 27 where I had crap soup.

EWWW Black eye pea soup?!?!? Im not a black eye pea person but my family has the same superstition so we make a black eye pea dip that is at least tolerable.......some veggies some hot sauce to kill the taste added with a few potato chips...its all good.......AND even though I eat it every year......I still have yet to see publisher's clearing house at my door in February.......whats up with that???? LOL :cool:

I Hate The FCC

Homo est Deus
I've never done any of that superstitous crap and I still have great years and bad years.

i try to avoid walking under ladders on new years eve/day

BRiT

CRaZY
Founder
junglizm said:
That's so 5 years ago... :rolleyes:

Jung

???
Premium
BRiT said:
That's so 5 years ago... :rolleyes:
Yeah, but our technology is obsolete. We only have one internet at work. :(

Icarus

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Everything always breaks around New Year's.

The Microwave stopped working yesterday. Que?

Descent

Hella Constipated
JNG said:
Oh, I've been done preparing for that!

~Y2K COMPATIBLE RIG (MY MAIN BOX)~

Pentium 75
8MB RAM
Voodoo1
1GB Hard Drive
Windows 95

It's the optimal Half Life 2 experience. I'm pushing 1 FPY (Frame per year)!

That Simpsons Treehouse of Horror Y2K episode was great.
Back on topic...