WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Next-Gen Remake of Sonic The Hedgehog for XBox 360

Descent

Hella Constipated
http://www.1up.com/do/previewPage?cId=3143765&did=1

:drool:

Oh God, look at Screenshot #4 and tell me that's not awesome.

The new Sonic model is also very "de-gayed" compared to the post-1999 design, but not as awesome as the 1990's design.

This is going to be verrrryyyy cool...Dreamcast owners with a fully beaten 180-emblem file of Sonic Adventure 2 will know exactly what I'm talking about. Our remake of Green Hill Zone was tits but this looks SPECTACULAR!

Descent said:
Oh God, look at Screenshot #4 and tell me that's not awesome.
3. Don't bullshit me about your graphics

How, in 2005, can there still be gamers taken in by EXCLUSIVE SCREENSHOTS of games that are obviously taken from cutscenes and have NO connection with what the actual game will look like? I blame the developers formerly known as Square for this. They're the ones who ran their entire ad campaign for Final Fantasy VIII with shots like this:
says it all :O

Descent

Hella Constipated
Phantom said:
says it all :O
It doesn't have to be gameplay, but clearly it can give you a general idea of what the level design will look like. You see, that clearly looks like a remake of Green Hill Zone.

And by the way, the short trailer contains in game segments.

Jung

???
Premium
It doesn't have to be gameplay, but clearly it can give you a general idea of what the level design will look like.
I think he meant pre-rendered images.

It does look pretty cool, and I would like to play another GOOD Sonic game, but imo, most of the 3d ones have sucked.

jamesp

In Memory...
Yeah, I think most of those screenshots are prerendered, but it still looks pretty good. Hell! Who knows, considering it is the 360, they might be gameplay images.

Descent

Hella Constipated
junglizm said:
I think he meant pre-rendered images.

It does look pretty cool, and I would like to play another GOOD Sonic game, but imo, most of the 3d ones have sucked.
Sonic Adventure = Only game on the planet to give me motion sickness.

Sonic Heroes = Absolute crap.

Sonic "3D" ( :rolleyes: ) Blast - Fourth worst game ever made, i fucking hate flicky birds, not even true "3D." 2D sprites...

Sonic Adventure 2 = Solid Gold - could have been the best game of all time if not for a rushed development cycle. Think of the overworld on that bitch ;). And how greatly the alreay kick-ass plot could be enhanced by it.

Shadow the Hedgehog:

Fucks yeah. I can't wait to hear Sonic say "Damn!"

"Damn it Shadow, I'll make you eat those crappy words!"

Fire_ze_Missles

Martha Fuckin' Stewart
Speaking of Sonic, I was browsing through my local Bestbuy and happened upon a neat little Sonic package, boasting these titles;

1. Sonic the Hedgehog
2. Sonic the Hedgehog 2
3. Sonic the Hedgehog 3
4. Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine
5. Sonic Spinball
6. Sonic 3D Blast
7. Sonic & Knuckles

+ 6 other game gear titles. For $20, I couldn't help but pick it up for my PS2. :)

Descent

Hella Constipated
Fire_ze_Missles said:
Speaking of Sonic, I was browsing through my local Bestbuy and happened upon a neat little Sonic package, boasting these titles;

1. Sonic the Hedgehog
2. Sonic the Hedgehog 2
3. Sonic the Hedgehog 3
4. Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine
5. Sonic Spinball
6. Sonic 3D Blast
7. Sonic & Knuckles

+ 6 other game gear titles. For $20, I couldn't help but pick it up for my PS2. :)
I own every one of those for Genesis :).

Sonic Spinball was highly underrated.

sonic pinball was awsome the only sonic game where u can just knock the teeth out of that robotnik's mouth it was great i still havben't beat that game :'( but my sisters gave my gnesis away :( i miss that game so much

screwy

BIG BLACK DICKS
Way to fucking necropost wothout brining a point, -{Bubbly}-.

RageAgainst

Chaotic Neutral
jamesp said:
Yeah, I think most of those screenshots are prerendered, but it still looks pretty good. Hell! Who knows, considering it is the 360, they might be gameplay images.
I'm pretty sure they're not, there's no HUD..

Descent

Hella Constipated
-{Foamy}- said:
sonic pinball was awsome the only sonic game where u can just knock the teeth out of that robotnik's mouth it was great i still havben't beat that game :'( but my sisters gave my gnesis away :( i miss that game so much
Dude, I've ALMOST beaten it! 3/5 Emeralds on the final level before I got a Game Over. I was literally so sweaty I had to take a shower after that. My Genesis controller felt like a Moray Eel.

My goal is to eventually beat all the 2D Sonic games ever made with all characters, Choas Emeralds, etc. I've already done it for Sonic 3 and Sonic 3 and Knuckles.

Descent

Hella Constipated
FYI, I'm not buying a DS for their new "2D" :rolleyes: Sonic game, I'm old schooling it proudly with a rare Sega Genesis Nomad, a handheld Genesis, an obscure model with 2.5 hours of battery life and a size that attracts people like a magnet, and earns you respect.

"You're keeping the old games alive, man!"

By the way, double post, lick my ass.

I too am rocking the Nomad but I lost the battery pack and the ac adapter for it. It's a pretty cool system but it takes ~8 AA batteries to run it. Now I'm going to check the screenshots out..

PunkA$$

Not Flame Bait
I'd like to see a decent remake of Toejam & Earl. They made one for xbox but changed too much and ruined the whole idea