WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

NFL Draft

2233boys

Yes you are!
Best day in the NFL off season.

Watch it, get your boards done. 49ers are on the clock...

;)

People=Shit

Infected by Marburg
Cadillac owns, he shoulda been higher than fifth. First choice was a good choice for the niners though :thumbsup:

2233boys

Yes you are!
People=Shit said:
Cadillac owns, he shoulda been higher than fifth. First choice was a good choice for the niners though :thumbsup:
Shocked the Lions drafted a WR again...

Dallas had a good day
Ware
Spears
Burnett
and essentially Henson

I think Miami got a decent pick eventhough they might trade him. Especially if they can get Ricky to come back.
All the same to me though cause- J....E....T....S....JETS! JETS! JETS!

chspaulwall

CHSTOYSOLDIER06
Was anyone else surprised to see the last pick of day 1, Clarrett (?spelled right?) to the Broncos? Not only by all his off the field incidents and problems in the last few years, but I don't see him as that great of a player. True, he was probably the best performing freshman in college football during his freshman year, but a lot of other players who were in his class have improved a lot and gotten more experience. I expected him to go to the Broncos, but not that high.
...and Miami got a great pick with Ronnie Brown. Benson might have been a better fit for their scheme, but Brown is still a great back. Now if only Miami can find a QB and have a passing game. :thumbsdn:
Out of the five players taken overall, i think Cadillac was only 4th best (with Smith being the worst of the 5, but the 49ers did need a QB) so it didnt surprise me when Brown and Benson went ahead of him. Still, Cadillac has great skills and should have a good rookie year. PREDICTION: Jones, from Arkansas, went to the Jags in round 1. This guy is a great all-around player and the Jags WILL have the rookie of the year next season. :thumbsup:

2233boys

Yes you are!
LiberatioN said:
couldnt have said it better.

:thumbsup:
Why aren’t you able to articulate your own feelings…

Just messing, you all say that like we who watch the draft don't watch the game...

2233boys

Yes you are!
chspaulwall said:
Was anyone else surprised to see the last pick of day 1, Clarrett (?spelled right?) to the Broncos? Not only by all his off the field incidents and problems in the last few years, but I don't see him as that great of a player. True, he was probably the best performing freshman in college football during his freshman year, but a lot of other players who were in his class have improved a lot and gotten more experience. I expected him to go to the Broncos, but not that high.
...and Miami got a great pick with Ronnie Brown. Benson might have been a better fit for their scheme, but Brown is still a great back. Now if only Miami can find a QB and have a passing game. :thumbsdn:
Out of the five players taken overall, i think Cadillac was only 4th best (with Smith being the worst of the 5, but the 49ers did need a QB) so it didnt surprise me when Brown and Benson went ahead of him. Still, Cadillac has great skills and should have a good rookie year. PREDICTION: Jones, from Arkansas, went to the Jags in round 1. This guy is a great all-around player and the Jags WILL have the rookie of the year next season. :thumbsup:
IMO, Benson was the best back, and Williams is better than Brown. I was surprised that Clarrett went in the third, but like you I thought the Broncos would take him, if not my own Dallas Cowboys... Jones was a reach and a bad pick for the first round, great athlete, but he was drafted as a WR he was a QB in college project at best, better suited for the second round.. You want Offensive Rookie of the year, look to one of the three backs, my guess Benson, maybe Clayton for the Ravens but Boller is still the QB there, maybe this will help him get better.

Hey, it may not be that big a deal, but I'm glad the just drafted that kicker, hopefully he'll be better than Doug Brien, especially under pressure. Brien is all right but he was getting on my nerves last year.

DanGeo23

Resident Conservative
well... lets see here lions get Williams... to add to Rodgers and the other Williams... fuck.. if Harrington can't complete a pass this year he'll be playing in Canada in '06

chspaulwall

CHSTOYSOLDIER06
I'm sure some of you who watch ESPN like i do have heard on either Sportscenter or some other show that ppl are downing Green Bay taking Rodgers in round 1 because they say "they (GB) need defensive help so that they can get farther in the playoffs and give Brett Favre another Super Bowl ring."
Brett has a ring already. Sure a player of his caliber may deserve multiple rings, but we have to consider that several Hall of Fame QB's dont have a ring(dan marino, for one) and several QB's who have a ring won't be in the Hall of Fame (trent dilfer, for example) Whether or not GB ever gets back to the playoffs before he retires or not, in my opinion Favre will go down as possibly one of the 10 greatest QB's of all time.
Besides, one or two rookies, no matter how great, wont make GB's defense good enough to compete against Philly, Atlanta, or Carolina.
Rodgers just got the deal of a lifetime, going to a team where he can be tutored by Favre and learn from him. The chances he will turn out to be anywhere near as good a QB as Favre are slim to none, but how can you say he won't be at least a good QB after Favre and company show him how its done?