WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Nintendo Revolution Controller UNVEILED!

Descent

Hella Constipated
http://cube.ign.com/articles/651/651275p1.html

I never thought it would be possible to IMPROVE on the jack of all trades functionality and ergonomic nirvana of the Dreamcast controller, but they did it. They absolutely bested every Sega controller I've seen to date, which is a fucking first considering that every one I've used has been nearly flawless.

I've never been much of a fan of Nintendo controllers for a variety of reasons - but holy fucking shit guys, just look at that and tell me the Revolution is not a viable console.

FYI - This is a highly modified concept of the Nintendo 64 wrist-watch prototype controller that was dumped in favor of the Three-Handled demon we love and hate.

Darklight

Oppressing your posts...
um... it looks like an Ipod accessory...

Fire_ze_Missles

Martha Fuckin' Stewart
I read about the "remote controller" :lol: on /. last night. I am actually excited about it. I just hope it doesn't turn out to be a dud like that nintendo glove thing. :thumbsup:

Jung

???
Premium
I saw this earlier… I don’t like the idea. It looks too awkward, and I don’t think I’d want to get used to it for just that one console.

BrianKotarski

F U Mr. Cheney
I have always been a huge fan of Nintendo. But this time they have gone too far. I can only guess that they want to just send the company into the toilet. They want to cause a 'revolution' in video games and they just went for the most random thing they could. This new controler is just like the DS, and every other project that Nintendo does where they want to 'think out of the box'. It will never make it. Put the Nintendo Revolution on the shelf next to my DS and my Virtual Boy *sighs*, my poor Virtual Boy.... I might even still buy the Game Boy Micro on the 19th and I'll more than likely waste my money on the Revolution just so I can make sure it sucks, and I will be right.

Descent

Hella Constipated
junglizm said:
I saw this earlier… I don’t like the idea. It looks too awkward, and I don’t think I’d want to get used to it for just that one console.
Actually, you would be using human instincts to guide it, as opposed to learning a thumb stick...

This could make Descent, which was released in 1995, a very-skill free game :happysad:.

Jung

???
Premium
Descent said:
Actually, you would be using human instincts to guide it, as opposed to learning a thumb stick...
I don’t think so at all; all it’s doing is going against years of muscle memory and the common feel of gamepads. Who knows though, it might be so awesome I shit my pants in glee, but I somehow doubt it. Seems gimmicky just like the Power Glove.

Darklight

Oppressing your posts...
maybe they can make a movie about the systems premier game and use the controller as some kind of weapon :D

Fire_ze_Missles

Martha Fuckin' Stewart
Darklight said:
maybe they can make a movie about the systems premier game and use the controller as some kind of weapon :D
That's just the thing, with future Zelda's, I assume, one would be able to use the controller to "stab" at their opponents instead of pressing A to slice. I mean, how cool is that? You stab, it stabs; you slice, it slices. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

ReiMeishin

Dreaming to live
I can't see myself using this thing to play games on my 14" CRT TV. This seems like the perfect controller for the gamer who wants complete immersion into the game, but I think It'll take a Hi-res TV with a large screen.(I can't explain how IGN made it work with a screen only twice the size of the game system (see pictures))

I'm with Jung on this one, it looks interesting, but why in god's name did they model it after a fucking tv remote control? That's just plain stupid, in my opinion, there are few things less intuitive and irritating than a fucking remote.

Fire_ze_Missles

Martha Fuckin' Stewart
canadian_pov said:
I'm with Jung on this one, it looks interesting, but why in god's name did they model it after a fucking tv remote control? That's just plain stupid, in my opinion, there are few things less intuitive and irritating than a fucking remote.
Why would you model it after a TV remote? That class, is what we call a rhetorical question. What do you use everyday to surf channels from the couch? All aboard the clue train now! A remote!! Therefore, the form of the controller doesn't feel that ackward in your hand! W00t, I hope to God that I am not the only person able to have put that together when I first saw the controller???:confused:

Darklight

Oppressing your posts...
That's just the thing, with future Zelda's, I assume, one would be able to use the controller to "stab" at their opponents instead of pressing A to slice. I mean, how cool is that? You stab, it stabs; you slice, it slices.

actually I was more or less referring to the super scope in the mario bros movie.. I wanted to just dump a pic of say dennis hopper holding it but couldnt find it...

Nailbomb

I'm just really nice.
canadian_pov said:
Because that way you can change the channel when you realize Nintendo still can't make a decent game.

_Kitana_

Angel of Death
canadian_pov said:
hmm... I don't know. What can you work better a new controller or a t.v. remote. I like the idea.

The NDS I should state sells very well in outside the USA. The touch screen and stuff is so much fun when you get the right games. If you have a NDS, try to pick up SEGA game Feel the Magic. YOu will understand how the who system can work to create orginal and fun games.

*shrugs* Remember they still have a year to twink and revise their planes. They might come out with a diffrent controller. It is quite possible.

Haha....that was funny.

Anyway, yeah. I was looking at that earlier today, interesting. I liked the N64 controller and I think the Gamecube's is the best ever. I like the idea of what they are trying to accomplish, but I hope it turns out to be a little more ergonomic. Right now it reminds me of an NES control, just thinner.