Fringe No Evidence UFOs Are Alien, Says Govt. Report

Jason

Voorhees a jolly good fellow!
Founder
A soon-to-be-released Pentagon report says there is no evidence that UFOs spotted by US Navy personnel are of alien origin — but we know so little about them that it can't be ruled out, The New York Times reported.

According to the Times, the upcoming report reviews more than 120 incidents of unexplained aerial phenomena (UAPs) — more commonly known as UFOs — over the last 20 years.

Almost none of the encounters appear to involve technology currently held by the US, the paper said, citing the report.

Beyond that, almost no firm conclusions can be drawn, several officials speaking on condition of anonymity told the Times and The Washington Post.

The report will also include a classified section, which also has no further confirmation on whether the incidents represent alien technology, officials told The Times.

One possible explanation the report will put forward is that the UFOs are advanced technology from other countries, The Times reported. Whatever their origin, the ability of the observed objects to accelerate, submerge and rapidly change direction remains hard to explain, the report is purported to say.

The commissioning of the report — due to be released to Congress on June 26 — was wrapped into former President Donald Trump's COVID-19 relief package from March last year, The Post reported.

In March, former Director of National Intelligence John Ratcliffe told Fox News of the report's creation, saying that it will describe "difficult to explain" sightings.

"When we talk about sightings, we are talking about objects that have seen by Navy or Air Force pilots, or have been picked up by satellite imagery that frankly engage in actions that are difficult to explain," Ratcliffe said.

Former President Barack Obama also acknowledged on The Late Late Show with James Corden in May that the government has unexplained UFO footage.

"We don't know exactly what they are, we can't explain how they moved, their trajectory. They did not have an easily explainable pattern," Obama said.

In recent years The Pentagon has increasingly confirmed that leaked footage, which has circulated online for years, is real.

Source: https://www.businessinsider.com/pentagon-report-cant-rule-out-alien-origin-more-120-ufos-2021-6

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

MaxPower

Baba Yaga
Staff
My take on it is similar. There is some decent evidence that objects of unknown origin have been witnessed. But less evidence to conclude they are extraterrestrial.

My personal belief is that there is probably other life in the universe, of varying states of evolution/technological advancement. But I can't seem to get past the matter of traveling such long distances and the time it would take.

How do you get around this problem?
- There's the multi-generational vessel. A space ship that supports life for a very long time to get where it's going. So long that generations are born and die during the journey. This is possible with what we can imagine and while staying within the confines of known physics. But it's an assload of real-estate, hardware and resources dedicated to supporting life for a really long time. Every ship's system would need to be ultra-robust and EVERY critical system would need to be replaceable. Perhaps a built in manufacturing plant or super advanced 3D printer type technology.
Let's also think about having to produce our own food. Again, real-estate and resource hungry.
All of this, though theoretically possible is highly inefficient and unlikely with even technology we can imagine.

- Faster than light travel. Acknowledged as impossible based on known physics due mostly to time dilation, Let's pretend there's a way around it. Still it would take a really long time to travel these vast distances. For reference it would take a craft at light speed about 100,000 years to go from one edge of our galaxy to the other. Though some recent studies argue its 200,000 light years across. But I digress. It's still a really long way and a really long time to get anywhere of interest.

- Space-time warping technology. This is something that would get you from point A to B faster than light. We've seen this on just about every space film and series. The interesting thing is that your ship doesn't actually defy physic by moving faster than light. Instead you use some kind of technology to warp the actual fabric of space-time. You're actually warping it so much that you're pulling your destination toward the ship and pushing your origin away. This method is loosely supported by Einstein's theory of general relativity. Many believe this can be achieved the same way every object warps space-time (slightly) with their own gravity.

You would need to simulate an unimaginably immense gravitational field around the ship in order to have the desired effect. This won't come without a cost. People way smarter than me have calculated that this would take somewhere near the entire energy output of a whole galaxy. Cue sad trombone.

Conclusion. If we have ever been visited by extraterrestrials, my personal opinion is that it would be far more boring than any of the above. What do we do to explore places really far away? We send unmanned craft. We've gotten pretty good at this and can now pull back considerable data by not being there.
Wouldn't it make more sense for even a highly advanced spacefaring culture to send out drones first? There are still problems. It would still take a really long time for them to get here. But that's OK. You can just leave a message for future generations to listen for communications. There's also the issue of maintaining the craft for that long. One could argue that you can design it simply and robust. Hardened and have critical system replicatable and self replaceable. You might even keep all but guidance and propulsion dormant until it gets near something interesting.

With all the problems that still exist using unmanned craft. It still seems the most likely if we were ever to be visited.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

CoprophagousCop

Social Distancing Warrior
Premium
If someone throws a rock in the air and you see it, but do not know what it is, then it is an "Unidentified Flying Object".

• 2Agree
  • 1Like

Jason

Founder
If someone throws a rock in the air and you see it, but do not know what it is, then it is an "Unidentified Flying Object".

Yeah but if rocks made maneuvers like these, we're all in big trouble...

• 1Like
  • 1LOL
Reactions: 1 users

Ryan McAury

Investigator
Well, it is typical that in the USA they use many words to say nothing.
Unidentified Flying Object.
This means.. We have witnessed something, but don't know what it is.
That why it is unidentified. Duh!

Then there is years of endless mambo jumbo about it.
And now, at last.. The government comes with a report, that says nothing new.
A hot air balloon.

Yes! That must be it.. Hot air... :)

• 1Agree

cinderelabadass

THE domestic godess
A little late to the show but a subject I find fascinating. I havr always thought that we would be too egotistical if we thought that we were the only beings that are presently alive in the hugr and grand landscape that is outer space. But, I believe we have already been visited, and I believe we continue to be visited. The thing is though, we have to think outside our own understandings of physics if we are to ever figure out how they got here, if they really have. Yes, I do believe they have been here but I am also open minded enough to believe that we are alone excwpt for the tiny alien bacteria already discovered, if proof was given.

• 1Like

BeautifulSniper

Lovely and deadly
Premium
A little late to the show but a subject I find fascinating. I havr always thought that we would be too egotistical if we thought that we were the only beings that are presently alive in the hugr and grand landscape that is outer space. But, I believe we have already been visited, and I believe we continue to be visited. The thing is though, we have to think outside our own understandings of physics if we are to ever figure out how they got here, if they really have. Yes, I do believe they have been here but I am also open minded enough to believe that we are alone excwpt for the tiny alien bacteria already discovered, if proof was given.
I believe that there are aliens watching us, and we can't find them because they have superior technology. We also can't say there are no such thing as aliens, when most of space hasn't been explored yet.

• 1Like

Ryan McAury

Investigator
I don't believe in aliens here on Earth. If they out there somewhere in space, they are too far away anyway.
We are all alone. That thought alone seems to be horror for a lot of people.
That's why they invented God. And yes. God is an alien.
Living in the head of believers.

Look what you wrote... I believe..... Yeah, and I believe it's all bullshit.

And another thing.
Even well trained men can be fooled.
No person is perfect.
Strange things can happen.
Not all is easy to explain.

I have been at sea, and also saw things, that seemed impossible.
Years later I learned about what happened.
That is normal. Science helps.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
  • 1Agree
  • 1WTF!?
Reactions: 3 users

Jason

Founder
Far away for a certain technological level, but perhaps not for others...

The shit we're seeing isn't Chinese or Russian or US... All 3 have had censors go off being buzzed by these things... All 3 countries have had nuclear weapons deactivated for the same period of time then reactivated afterwards after activity was over.

There's also enough with Ancient Alien theory to scratch ones head... There are many things done with construction methods that weren't just done without modern tools (no matter how much people think it was human ingenuity).

Civilization also started much earlier than they even state now. We're going to be proven older and older.

Then there's those pesky giants, air denonated nukes on mars, and whatever Kanye West is smoking... :p

• 3Like

Ryan McAury

Investigator
Jason, as far as we know, distance is a real thing. If our nearest star is 4 light years away, it means it already an enormous distance.
And no, according to Einstein, Aliens can't travel faster than the speed of light, nor do we. :)
Wormholes, time warp and that shit is fantasy.
Look around in the world now. In fact we didn't gain so very much technological advance after all.
A cell phone? Nearly no real value at all. No power, the thing is dead.
No antenna nearby? You are lost.
I still keep an old style compass with me when I am in the woods. :)
And a map of course :) To stay on course :)

BeautifulSniper

Lovely and deadly
Premium
And no, according to Einstein, Aliens can't travel faster than the speed of light, nor do we. :)
Wormholes, time warp and that shit is fantasy.
Not being able to travel faster than the speed of light is an old theory. I think eventually with scientific advancements and further research far in the future, we can make the technology that will be able to use wormholes and time warp. The way you move through space already affects how you go through time.

• 1Hug
  • 1ORLY?

Ryan McAury

Investigator
Not being able to travel faster than the speed of light is an old theory. I think eventually with scientific advancements and further research far in the future, we can make the technology that will be able to use wormholes and time warp. The way you move through space already affects how you go through time.
What you say is fantasy. Fiction. We can not use worm holes and time warp. Get it out of your head brother.

• 1Sad
  • 1Agree

cinderelabadass

THE domestic godess
Yes, holes where worms creep in.
But not in space. :)
Crap, I was tired then! I meant BLACK holes but there is speculation that worm holes are real and that we may even be able to travel through either holes with the right technology. I prefer to be open minded. I mean, If you had told medieval man about jets and cell phones he would have freaked out and thought you were crazy.

• 1Agree

cinderelabadass

THE domestic godess
You should go see a doctor about that and get some medication. 🪱:roflmao:

(Yes, I know I am late and you already corrected yourself, but ...)
Just couldn't resist could ya! But then you never could! You might wanna see a doctor too. I think worms can be passed?🤣🤣🤣😝🪱

(The worms crawl in, the worms crawl out..🎼🎶)

• 1Like