WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

nod32

void

Banned - What an Asshat!
i have just (today) downloaded/installed nod32 2.0 on my xp windows laptop..
microsoft security center is telling me that it is 'out of date'.. is this an issue?
i have 'auto update' on..
i have read the faqs on nod32.com and can't see a solution, if a solution is actually necessary..
*confused*

also, should i get something else? i just uninstalled norton as it's trial expired today, when i posted a thread previously asking for alternatives i was recommended nod32 and kapersky more times than any other programs, will one suffice?

void

Banned - What an Asshat!
ok.. i guess i asked a stupid question and everyone just ignored it/me..

Jung

???
Premium
microsoft security center is telling me that it is 'out of date'.. is this an issue?
lol

Ignore Microsoft security center; it's an oxymoron.

void

Banned - What an Asshat!
junglizm said:
lol

Ignore Microsoft security center; it's an oxymoron.
thankyou thankyou :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

i really thought/hoped that this was the case.. i DID feel like captain stupid posting this Q but i don't work with computers and whenever they do something new it throws me.. i felt it was prudent to be sure about something as important as security..

Disadvantaged-c

omfgwtfbbqsteakmix
Windows security hated me so much i was forced to switch back to sp1, its alot better anyways.

Jung

???
Premium
lol, you know you can turn that security center off, right? SP2 is a lot more secure than SP1.

void

Banned - What an Asshat!
junglizm said:
lol, you know you can turn that security center off, right? SP2 is a lot more secure than SP1.
do i need a new firewall then?

Jung

???
Premium
If you're using the Windows firewall, I'd just leave it on. It _can_ be turned off though. For instance, if you had a hardware firewall (router doing NAT), it would be pointless to use the Windows Firewall.