WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

NoLonger NoSubstance

Icarus

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
6,775
248
118
#1
Aside from my little play on words, I haven't much to tell you. I got bored with NoSubstance, so I had BRiT reset my rep and change my name (which he kindly did without too much bitching).

The name comes from an old myth:

Icarus and his father were imprisoned for an eternity. Icarus' father, however, fashioned them wings from the feathers of birds. He kept the feathers together with wax, and they set out for their home land on their new wings. Flying across the ocean, Icarus' father warned him that if he flew too close to the sun, his wings would melt. But Icarus, the careless youth, did exactly that. His wings fell apart and he plunged into the ocean, drowning. It is a story of man's fall from grace, of man's triumph and failure.

I chose it for my username because it rawks.
 

Broken

Member smoked too much weed!
3,891
0
0
#2
duh.. Iron Maiden.. Flight of Icarus.
 

Icarus

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
6,775
248
118
#6
Yes, I had been thinking of the story randomly for the past few days.
 

Smoke

Banned - What an Asshat!
2,583
0
0
#7
Welcome, oh shit, hey Sub, er I mean, Icarus. :thumbsup:
 
11,052
398
382
#8
ever play quest for glory V: Dragon fire?

there's a quest where you gotta do exactly that... make wings from feathers and wax, then fly to an island. and, naturally, the sun melts the wax... but instead of drowning, you land on the island where you have to kill a three headed beast.

great fun.
 

TwisT

Hooked on Rocks!
2,347
0
0
#10
Icarus said:
Aside from my little play on words, I haven't much to tell you. I got bored with NoSubstance, so I had BRiT reset my rep and change my name (which he kindly did without too much bitching).

The name comes from an old myth:

Icarus and his father were imprisoned for an eternity. Icarus' father, however, fashioned them wings from the feathers of birds. He kept the feathers together with wax, and they set out for their home land on their new wings. Flying across the ocean, Icarus' father warned him that if he flew too close to the sun, his wings would melt. But Icarus, the careless youth, did exactly that. His wings fell apart and he plunged into the ocean, drowning. It is a story of man's fall from grace, of man's triumph and failure.

I chose it for my username because it rawks.
Kid Icarus!! NES???
 
10,772
55
253
#11
Icarus said:
Didn't want anybody to be lost. :)
Dude WTF?

What the hell is this Icarus? Jesus Christ, it's like a trend. "Dude you didn't change your name! Your not fuckin cool!"

I just wouldn't feel the same if i changed my name.

If I did change it though, what would I change it too......?
 

Icarus

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
6,775
248
118
#12
I've never played or heard of any of those games. I just like the myth.

The origin of the myth is Greek, not video-game, though. :)
 

skylinec

Somewhere in the Between
3,192
0
36
#13
Another changed name..wow. Cool
 

Descent

Hella Constipated
7,686
109
157
#14
Next thing you know, my name will be "AsianPussyLover."

Just kidding. Vive la revolution!
 

betrayed

Banned - What an Asshat!
1,782
0
0
#15
jstager said:
Next thing you know, my name will be "AsianPussyLover."

Just kidding. Vive la revolution!
More like.. Computernerdwhoisalwaysjackingofftomotherboardsthatlightup
 

skylinec

Somewhere in the Between
3,192
0
36
#17
betrayed said:
You changed yours too..
I know that is why i'm making fun of it, Me, you, smoke, cuddles, then nosubstance. What is the world coming to!
 

Descent

Hella Constipated
7,686
109
157
#18
p99 said:
Computernerdwhoisalwaysjackingofftomotherboardstha tlightup
Wow! Great idea! *Steals friend's soldering iron and starts to solder blue LED's onto his mobo*
 

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
16,850
3,349
487
#19
There goes my theory. Read on


[17:37] <|Shine|> and where did nosubstance go?
[17:39] <|Shine|> NoSubstance was a whillleee back
[17:40] <|Shine|> when our avatars could be big ;P

[17:40] <Meh_> haha you silly
[17:40] <MaxPower> no substance has been to his support group meetings
[17:40] <MaxPower> for self esteem issues
[17:40] <|Shine|> why did he leave...?

[17:40] <Meh_> you know who he is?
[17:40] <Meh_> Icarus
[17:40] <MaxPower> he's now known as some_substance
[17:40] <|Shine|> lol
[17:40] <|TWB|> lol
[17:41] <|Shine|> thatsgoodshit_substance

[17:41] <Meh_> http://www.wtf.com/showthread.php?t=5824&highlight=nosubstance
[17:41] <MaxPower> by the time he's done he hopes to change his nick to Quite_substantial


Meh_it_All is apparently wise beyond her years.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
5,711
1,107
257
#20
MaxPower said:
There goes my theory. Read on


[17:37] <|Shine|> and where did nosubstance go?
[17:39] <|Shine|> NoSubstance was a whillleee back
[17:40] <|Shine|> when our avatars could be big ;P

[17:40] <Meh_> haha you silly
[17:40] <MaxPower> no substance has been to his support group meetings
[17:40] <MaxPower> for self esteem issues
[17:40] <|Shine|> why did he leave...?

[17:40] <Meh_> you know who he is?
[17:40] <Meh_> Icarus
[17:40] <MaxPower> he's now known as some_substance
[17:40] <|Shine|> lol
[17:40] <|TWB|> lol
[17:41] <|Shine|> thatsgoodshit_substance

[17:41] <Meh_> http://www.wtf.com/showthread.php?t=5824&highlight=nosubstance
[17:41] <MaxPower> by the time he's done he hopes to change his nick to Quite_substantial


Meh_it_All is apparently wise beyond her years.
Word, but she still can't detect sarcasm... :rotflmao:

<Legion> i'm still banned :(
<Meh_> Oh really?
<Meh_> I didn't think you were banned.
<Legion> lol
<Legion> --- energ0c sets ban on *!*@cpe-66-75-204-199.bak.res.rr.com
<Legion> --- You have been kicked from #wtf.com by Jung (Niq flood (3 nicks in 8secs of 30secs))
<Meh_> Well broken is here
<Meh_> should i ask
<Legion> hm
<Legion> no
<Meh_> lol
<Legion> you should leave me out here
<Legion> all alone
<Legion> that's something a nice person would do
<Meh_> lol sarcasm?
<Legion> Never.
<Meh_> ...
<Legion> :rolleyes:
<Legion> </sarcasm>
<Meh_> lol
<Meh_> so do you want me to ask or not mofo?!



...
 
Last edited by a moderator: