WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Fringe Non bullshit

gehtfuct

HuGE
Staff
All (wo)men are equal. It is only through strength and wisdom that we differ. With those two things being of plenty; should they not be the bonding agents betwixt ourselves and those less fortunate?

Discuss.

MisterFister

There's a very good chance that I don't care.
I can't comment on your conclusion because your premise is false.

Women are most certainly not equal. Equality is a political term that has absolutely no meaning in the physical world. You might as well discuss unicorns.

• 1Agree
Reactions: TheRover

ib4

Error
Staff
There is a certain level of equality owed to everyone. But being owed anything is only a flacid dream and form of entitlement. While many fight for this equality (of treatment mainly) it will never fully exist. It could not ever exist because then we’d be in a state of heaven and paradise.

The world we live in, regardless of how much the smallest part of the fortunate world population tries to change it, will never be equal. It will always be a world based on the survival of the fittest and natural selection…therefore making everyone unequal.

So sure, we can assume everyone is created equal in the eyes of “Divine Entity or Earthy Spirit”, but that is only a belief and hope, not a fact.

Whilst I think they should be the bonding agent of such a “strived for” worldly perfection , it’ll only be a temporary matter in a few situations. Or it’ll only be one that many of us can try and produce or believe in individually. Again though, that’ll only ever be a smallllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll part of the global populace. Oh life…so cruel!

has absolutely no meaning in the physical world.

Last edited:

MisterFister

Equality does not exist. It's a manufactured political term created for convenience and a manufactured mathematical term created for utility. Unless of course you're willing to show me any apple that is equal to another apple. Maybe a quark that is equal to another quark. How about a photon?

Nope.

There is no such thing as equality and it's pursuit is meaningless. The goal ought to be specialty not equality.

Fÿn

Always black
I find equality between all to be impossible given that our very natural traits provided to us through evolution make us different per se, thus giving advantages to some over others.
It starts between genders, then between races and then between circumstances we've generated as civilizations.

I don't believe well used strength and wisdom alone will help us treat each other more equally, nor is it enough to make the less fortunate rise somewhat either.

However, as humans, we do have far more in common than we have differences, and that could certainly be used as a bonding idea in general.

gehtfuct

HuGE
Staff
I was being mildly sarcastic in a tree-hugger way really. I meant that at the end of the day we are all really just human. Until you can escape the grasp of death, you are no better than any other. The lights turn on (mostly for all) and dim the very same way for all. Beer and boredom together have never intentionally meant to be literal.

gehtfuct

HuGE
Staff
I knew I was gonna catch shit from the retentive when I posted ' (wo) ' but I'm pretty secure where I stand in the grand scheme of things. What I didn't want to do was offend anybody. I'm not sure why I edited, but, we all know that standing side-by-side, we are most certainly not equal.

I've been making an ass out of myself with my opinions here at WTF for many days now. If you feel inferior standing next to a woman, and yes you do, if you think I am physical comparing a man to one. But, may I remind you, I can provide a very diverse list of lowly women that would have no problem besting a testosterone fueled mind. But what the fuck do I know? I know I'm not completely anal.

But I digress...

It's time for some titties.

• 1Like
Reactions: Loki-In-A-Box

MisterFister

Until you can escape the grasp of death, you are no better than any other.
Actually, I am. For example, I am better than you at variable high volume production scheduling within a lean manufacturing environment. I am the best I've ever seen. I see things you'll never see. I understand things you'll never understand. I do things you'll never do. It's my specialty. Conversely, there are things that you do that make me look like a drooling schoolboy. Whatever that is we will refer to as your specialty. I am better than you in my realm. I am more valuable to others in my realm. I am infinitely more important than you in my realm.

This is where you pipe in and play the Oprah/modern culture/PC card and say something like "I'm not talking about specifics. I'm talking in general terms. No individual is better or more valuable than any other individual" (or something along those lines). At that point I would remind you that you need SOMETHING tangible to base that on and all you have are God (another manufactured concept) and the cosmos (reality). The God section is easily refutable so I won't bother. That leaves you with the cosmos. Well, in order for the cosmos to place a value judgment on "better" then the cosmos would have to care and the cosmos most certainly does not care. It is morally and ethically neutral. So...better does exist as a value judgment based on human's ability to care while equality doesn't.

TLDR; Equality does not exist... value judgments based on speciality do. Ergo; I AM better than you and you, my friend...are better than me.

The lights turn on (mostly for all) and dim the very same way for all.
and those very lights don't give a fuck either way.

gehtfuct

HuGE
Staff
I'm not so naive to thunk I be bester than you, in a physiological sense, son. I don't know your limits anymore than I know the contours of a squatty-potty in Japan. I not be ignant. Nor do I feel insecure about anything where my manhood is concerned or because I know someone somewhere is fucking awesome comapaired to me at something. I wasn't abused or ignored as an adolescent. Is you? Me thinks maybe yes. When I posted this thread I was trying to not be so obvious posting this about you, MisterFister. You being inferior to the rest of the world and all. But we still tolerate love you.

But whatever. Spell check and intelligence resume in the AM. I'm sleepy and bored.

-=iNsANe=-ADJ

I once ate broccoli
So sure, we can assume everyone is created equal in the eyes of “Divine Entity or Earthy Spirit”, but that is only a belief and hope, not a fact.
Because you didn't feel/see anything yet. Yet. And you'll do only if you look for it, when you'll be ready. The search of something else gives no results if you don't really feel the for need it.

• 1Agree
Reactions: Loki-In-A-Box

gehtfuct

HuGE
Staff
This thread was not meant to convey single-sided points of view. Raise your, fucking, hand... if you are some how that.. I dunno, begging me to come embrace your emaciated, dejected, humored, influence. This thread did just as I intended from this gist.

Create discussion. Care to participate?