WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Non-poster neg-repper!

mmm...cheese

Banned - What an Asshat!
2,240
0
0
#1
There should be a program which neg reps an account, which hasn't posted in 2 weeks, every day that he/she doesnt post. And If they get under 2 mil rep pts then they get farmed. (-10,000) rep pts lost every day.)
 
405
1
78
#2
mmm...cheese said:
There should be a program which neg reps an account, which hasn't posted in 2 weeks, every day that he/she doesnt post. And If they get under 2 mil rep pts then they get farmed. (-10,000) rep pts lost every day.)
Why, I thinks it's have people post less then post stupid stuff to keep from getting on the neg rep train.
 

Zoso

Zappafied
360
0
0
#3
mmm...cheese said:
There should be a program which neg reps an account, which hasn't posted in 2 weeks, every day that he/she doesnt post. And If they get under 2 mil rep pts then they get farmed. (-10,000) rep pts lost every day.)


nah.. this place should be a stress releiver not an obligitory commitment (redundant?). theres nothing against you neg-repping someone for not posting though. just remember, you reap what you sew.
 

Jung

???
Premium
13,993
1,401
487
#4
mmm...cheese said:
There should be a program which neg reps an account, which hasn't posted in 2 weeks, every day that he/she doesnt post. And If they get under 2 mil rep pts then they get farmed. (-10,000) rep pts lost every day.)
There should be a program that bans you every day for 23 3/4 hours.


Seriously, why would you want to penalize people who are away from the site?
 

Zoso

Zappafied
360
0
0
#5
heres a suggestion that remotely relates... how about closing threads that are inactive for a certain amount of time. Newbies keep resurrecting ones that are a year old.
 

dzaykim

Toss my salad
123
0
0
#7
Yeah, it isn't like this is a job. It's WTF.com.
Unwind...
Relax...

Haha, I love this shit.
 

Icarus

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
6,775
251
118
#8
Agreed. WTF.com, as far as I know*, is not meant to be a serious or life-consuming commitment.

*Opinions expressed by Icarus are his only and do not reflect those of WTF.com and affiliates.
 
507
7
82
#9
Yupp - just because you don't pust dosent mean you should get bad rep... like, people should'nt have to think - "Omigod, I can't go away for the summer because I'll get neg rep!!!!!" - not that anyone would really care THAT much - but.. it's the point behind that matter!
 

Jung

???
Premium
13,993
1,401
487
#10
Zoso said:
heres a suggestion that remotely relates... how about closing threads that are inactive for a certain amount of time. Newbies keep resurrecting ones that are a year old.
That seems like a good idea, and it is done on some forums. However, it limits good users from making good posts in old threads. Maybe I'm off base here, but I don't dislike people who post in old threads, so long as they make a decent post. I only close threads when someone bumps a year old thread just to say "lol, rofl what the fuck" or some other benign and worthless crap. I think this would hurt forums like The Issues and the Computer Chamber, where people revive threads most often. For example, I'd like a thread about viruses or spyware to be able to be revived if someone has a question or comment. This would make that impossible, and force them to start new threads even though there are already threads on the same topic.

That said, this idea gets a "no" vote from me.
 
69
0
0
#11
hmmm, maybe they are on vacation, and that should be in the program, because i know i cant bring a computer on a ship or in the rainforest
 

Jung

???
Premium
13,993
1,401
487
#12
craziboi_07 said:
i know i cant bring a computer on a ship or in the rainforest
Ever heard of a laptop and wireless? :p

Also, cruise ships have internet cafes. ;)
 

swizeguy

How dare you!?
912
0
0
#13
yeah i dont think that thats a good idea. I mean sometimes i just get fed up with some of the posts that are being done or a get busy and dont have the time to do much more then take a look around a few posts. But come on when they start punishing me for that much im gone.
 
10,772
55
253
#14
Icarus said:
*Opinions expressed by Icarus are his only and do not relfect those of WTF.com and affiliates.

:rotflmao:

Icky is the man. :thumbsup:
 

Zoso

Zappafied
360
0
0
#15
junglizm said:
That seems like a good idea, and it is done on some forums. However, it limits good users from making good posts in old threads. Maybe I'm off base here, but I don't dislike people who post in old threads, so long as they make a decent post. I only close threads when someone bumps a year old thread just to say "lol, rofl what the fuck" or some other benign and worthless post. I think this would hurt forums like The Issues and the Computer Chamber, where people revive threads most often. For example, I'd like a thread about viruses or spyware to be able to be revived if someone has a question or comment. This would make that impossible, and force them to start new threads even though there are already threads on the same topic.

That said, this idea gets a "no" vote from me.

makes sense.... i guess i forgot that people get stuff from this site other than ranting and flaming.