WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Noob tips! Please add on.

bombchu

b-o-n-e-r
I finally joined today after scoping out for awhile, I've read the guildes as well as the rules and regulations, but there were a few things I noticed that noobs got burnt at the stake for.

Just thought I'd share.

1. Don't step toes. (at least for awhile)
If you disagree, present your opinion so you don't piss people off.
If people see that you are new, they will be especially critical to guide you along the path to eventual wtfdom, or bitch you out.

2. Be careful of the hidden old threads.
The guides say not to rez old threads, but there are a few ways to do this involuntarily.
Just because some tard rezzed a dead thread doesn't mean you have to follow suit. Even if it's in the Latest Posts section of the forum, check the date in the top left corner of the first post. (Sorry if this is common sense, it took my slow ass awhile to find) Additionally, the related posts at the bottom of the page are most likely old threads. Do not reply to them.

3. Post in the most appropriate section.
If you take a quick look at the forum list and decide to spill, your post may be in the wrong section. Well, not necessarily the wrong section, but there may be a more appropriate section for the subject of your post.

I hope this helped some people. I know it sounds like common sense, but these things took me awhile to figure out.

WTFers, please help out the noobs (myself included) by adding onto this list.

Thanks. :thumbsup:

Jung

???
Premium
4. If you're a 'noob' don't make 'noob tips' threads.

This is the Welcome Wagon though, so welcome to the site.

Jack

Personable
Glad to have you aboard shitbag!

bombchu

b-o-n-e-r
junglizm said:
4. If you're a 'noob' don't make 'noob tips' threads.

This is the Welcome Wagon though, so welcome to the site.
* Ducks out of sight.
* Runs back into welcome wagon.

Brazen

BAD, BOLD, BRAZEN
5) Listen to what breakology says.

good entry into the site :thumbsup: well at least you didn't start "i'm new so flame me thread" well you kind of did but i won't mention it :p welcome to the site. these tips were alreadt given in yucks thread but who noticed that :rolleyes: but your a n00b so try not to make too many first mistakes. enjoy the site and try not to thread shit. oh another friendly tip: try not to sign your posts!

thanx: Nymphchick :D

I'm_Darth_Vader said:

WTF does breakology know? he buys the store out of title changing options out of bordom :p
oh and double posting is frownd on :rolleyes:

bombchu

b-o-n-e-r
Thanks nymphchick! :p
I think I shall remain in the safety of this wagon for the next few days. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Jung

???
Premium
I take it you're a Zelda fan? Btw, where are you interning at in Korea?

나는 년간 서울안에 살았다.

DIZNUTS

Ñúñ'§ þêG £ègGéÐ /\/\å±ëý
6) Listen to what I'm_Darth_Vader says about breakology saying...

bombchu

b-o-n-e-r
junglizm said:
I take it you're a Zelda fan? Btw, where are you interning at in Korea?

나는 년간 서울안에 살았다.
YES. Hardcore zelda fan.
Favorite NES game.

Wow! 참 잘하네요. ^^
Your probably much better than I am at Korean.

I'm around Shinchon, near Yonsei University ...
I don't know if you have any idea what I'm talking about.

Stardust

Being naked just feels so a-peeling
7) Like me..please?..anyone?

edit: welcome to the site :)

dzaykim

Toss my salad
HAHa, I ate it for number 2.
I did that related posts shit on the bottom.

I Hate The FCC

Homo est Deus
Is it that hard to realize that the numbers in the top left hand corner are dates? :rolleyes: God, that's stupid. :thumbsdn:

Welcome to the sight... I thjink the newbies should know not to spam the shoutbox! Or make personal messages to their friends and family in it... like "OMIGOD... I LOVE YOU JOSHIE POO!" god' that's soo annoying!

Jessica43999 said:
Welcome to the sight... I thjink the newbies should know not to spam the shoutbox! Or make personal messages to their friends and family in it... like "OMIGOD... I LOVE YOU JOSHIE POO!" god' that's soo annoying!
you make me sad. you shouldn't be giving tips. :eek:

UberSkippy

a.k.a. FuckTheBullShit
I'm_Darth_Vader said:
Why? He can't count. He did number 4 a second time. :cool:

Welcome n00b.

Whatevernumber) Read Yuck's Guide. It's at the top of the Welcome Wagon.