WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Headlines North Korea Says It Has Nuclear Weapons

voiceofreason

Seeker of Truth
1,329
0
0
#1
AP
Two South Korean soldiers patrol at the Imjingak Pavilion near the demilitarized zone of Panmunjom in Paju, north of Seoul, South Korea, Thursday, Feb. 10, 2005. North Korean Foreign Ministry announced Thursday, Feb. 10, 2005 in a statement carried by the state-run Korean Central News Agency, for the first time that it has nuclear weapons and rejected moves to restart disarmament talks any time soon, saying it needs the armaments as protection against an increasingly hostile United States. The statement was North Korea's first public acknowledgement that it has nuclear weapons.
------------------------------------------------------------------

READ: Let's get ready to RUM-BLE!
 

Captain 151

Seeped in a dry Merlot
4,261
4
0
#2
I can't wait. It will be this summer's blockbuster hit. :thumbsdn:
 
#3
Well, they did say that

why wouldn't their nut-case leader want us to think he has nukes? I'm not worried even if they do. I mean, have you ever bought anything from Korea that actually works?
 

RageAgainst

Chaotic Neutral
7,540
506
257
#4
empathyiskey said:
why wouldn't their nut-case leader want us to think he has nukes? I'm not worried even if they do. I mean, have you ever bought anything from Korea that actually works?
Wow. First you say their leader is a nut-case, wich is relatively correct. But then you say you're not worried if that nut-case as nukes, wich alone doesn't make sense. Finally, to back that up, you claim you're not worried because if he does have nukes, they're not working, wich is a retarded gambled argument. Because if they DO work, and they're in the hands of that "nut-case", then you should be worried.

conclusion : Your point of view is ANAL!!! (and I'm being polite)
 
#5
Actually

I stole my "point of view" from a popular comedian's routine. Why the fuck should I be concerned about that nut-case having or using nukes? If he has them, great, we won't try and invade that country and maybe someone there has a nice job building them. If he uses them then every fucking country will use theirs and its BOOM BABY, end of the world. I actually hope he does have them and is nutty enough to use them.
 

RageAgainst

Chaotic Neutral
7,540
506
257
#6
empathyiskey said:
I actually hope he does have them and is nutty enough to use them.
See that's what I mean by anal views. Why the hell would you hope that? Or was I supposed to "read between the lines" again?
 
#7
damn man

Rage against said:
See that's what I mean by anal views. Why the hell would you hope that? Or was I supposed to "read between the lines" again?
You must have a lot to live for.
 
2,419
0
200
#9
Heh, silly Koreans and their toy nukes...:bomb:

The US have some 220 nuclear weapons stashed away all over Europe, us Dutch have some 22 lying around an army base 20 miles from here. How's that for scary ? 22 nukes that close to me, Johnny ? :D

And with the weather lately I bet half the earth won't even notice a nuclear winter anyway. So instead of white snow it'd be glowing snow, cool!!!. :thumbsup:

Bring it on Korea! Oh, and bring me some eggrolls while you're at it :thumbsup:
 

RageAgainst

Chaotic Neutral
7,540
506
257
#10
Yeah, if they're gonna nuke, least they could do is bring us some fuckin eggrolls first :thumbsup:
 
405
1
78
#11
Bah, if I remember right the missiles they have for nukes are practically unguided. Almost as bad as dumbfire.
Edit: even if they missed though... they would cause trouble where they land
 

bigck3000

The Iron Lung
1,684
1
0
#12
No one wants nuclear war...he wants something for his country and he believes that nuclear weapons are a way to get it. Our leader is no less crazy....he is just a tad less dramatic. If its going to happen then i'll watch comfortably from my treehouse in Kingston Jamaica. :thumbsup:
 

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
16,850
3,349
487
#13
bigck3000 said:
No one wants nuclear war...he wants something for his country and he believes that nuclear weapons are a way to get it. Our leader is no less crazy....he is just a tad less dramatic. If its going to happen then i'll watch comfortably from my treehouse in Kingston Jamaica. :thumbsup:
"Isn't this sunset beautiful?"
"Yeah, so is that one over there...and that one there...and.........................."
 
405
1
78
#14
MaxPower said:
"Isn't this sunset beautiful?"
"Yeah, so is that one over there...and that one there...and.........................."
someone say sunset?
 

Brain Spout

Wizard No More
4,503
102
177
#15
here is why they told us they have nukes. If we think they still are building we might do somehting, but if they have even ONE nuke then they got a place on the table MAD (mutually assured destruction) if we hit our little red button then the hit theirs.
 

RageAgainst

Chaotic Neutral
7,540
506
257
#17
I read somewhere that North Korea is the country in the world spending the most of its GNP on military shit/research.
 
405
1
78
#18
WizardlyFriend said:
here is why they told us they have nukes. If we think they still are building we might do somehting, but if they have even ONE nuke then they got a place on the table MAD (mutually assured destruction) if we hit our little red button then the hit theirs.
One or two low yield nuke is nothing compare to what the U.S. would be able to dish out... there is no mutually assured destruction, just a suicide by them and some damage to us... hell I give it a 25% chance if they fire a missile it either wouldn't work or would just miss completely, or maybe even both.
 

Descent

Hella Constipated
7,686
109
157
#19
You're kidding, right?

With a lack of funds and good scientists, their nukes would be made out of these fine materials:





 
#20
So

Like I said, I'm not really worried if they do have nukes. :p
On a totally unrelated note, I remember seeing a news report about all the starving rice farmers in North Korea. At first I felt sorry for them, then I realized that they are starving yet they grow and harvest all the countries food. WTF?! Just eat one grain for every grain you send out. I'd be one fat North Korean farmer.