WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Headlines Norwegians Place Anti-Bush Ad in Washington Post

voiceofreason

Seeker of Truth
OSLO (Reuters) - Norwegians including artists and politicians made a rare foray into U.S. politics Tuesday with an advertisement in a U.S. newspaper saying that President Bush's war on terror was backfiring.

The Norwegian group "www.tellhim.no" said it used about $50,000 in donations from 4,000 people to fund the advertisement in the Washington Post to tell Bush that 80 percent of people in NATO -member Norway opposed the U.S.-led war in Iraq .

"Mr. President, your country can once again be a leading example of democracy and freedom, inspiring a world where terrorism can no longer breed," it said. "Your present policy only fosters resistance, more than ever, everywhere."

It urged a shift in U.S. foreign policy to allow greater U.N. involvement in Iraq, an apology to the Iraqi people for the war and compensation for victims.

It said Norway's government had given a wrong impression that Norwegians backed the war by sending 180 troops to Iraq to help stabilize the nation after the overthrow of Saddam Hussein.

The campaign says it has backing from people including musicians, actors, artists, some members of parliament, union members and ordinary citizens.

"Our main goal has been to create a debate in Norway," said campaign spokesman Torgeir Knag Fylkesnes, asked if U.S. citizens might resent foreign interference in U.S. politics.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Who even Knew the Norwegians could get pissed off?

DanGeo23

Resident Conservative
I wonder how they would feel if people from another nation bought ads in thier paper... in attempts to sway voters... they would prolly say ghet the fuck outta our politics...

morelos

lexicon incognito
voiceofreason said:
i did. i got threatened with arrest after hacking some stuff at .no in 1998. apparently their people called our people, who called my provider's people (uc berkeley at the time), who traced it right back to my equipment and called the police.

~ dan ~

ahh, those were the days...

R

RedOctober

Norwegians suck!

Forget about it!

They hunt whales.
They gave Yasser Arafat and even Henry Kissinger a peace Nobel Prize. :mfinger:

And beer is awful expensive over there!
And they are protestants!

That'll get all those sucking vikings straight to hell!
Yes, da place where hell freezes over!
Where mosquito's suck the blood outa yer dick.

chuckie870

Wasting His Life Away
Especially if the US did that, the word imperialism would start flying around everywhere again. But you know how it is with the U.S. and other people advising them, the others would rather the U.S. do what they say, not what they do.

R

RedOctober

chuckie870 said:
Especially if the US did that, the word imperialism would start flying around everywhere again. But you know how it is with the U.S. and other people advising them, the others would rather the U.S. do what they say, not what they do.
I know, but I like the way those Yankees allways take the bait.. :D

Its like fishing...

All too easy... :rolleyes:

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
chuckie870 said:
We would never do such a thing!
that's absurd! Placing an ad in a foreign publication in order to change said country's political climate. Preposterous! Boulderdash! Hog wash!

We would simply dismantle their political structure by force, under the guise of fighting international terrorism.
Then set up a structure more suited to our predilection.

R

RedOctober

MaxPower said:
We would never do such a thing!
that's absurd! Placing an ad in a foreign publication in order to change said country's political climate. Preposterous! Boulderdash! Hog wash!

We would simply dismantle their political structure by force, under the guise of fighting international terrorism.
Then set up a structure more suited to our predilection.
Maxy, I like your answer ;)

To be honest is the first step to rule!

DanGeo23

Resident Conservative
no... no.. no.. we will beam them nonstop hollywood movies and Britney movies.. pretty soon they will all want to be Americans.. *pinky to corner of mouth* muahhahha

edub1371

nervous tic, dull knife
voiceofreason said:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Who even gives a shit?
Let the norse be norse and do their thing! C'mon 180 troops? There are more students in most of the high scools in this country!

R

RedOctober

edub1371 said:
Who even gives a shit?
Let the norse be norse and do their thing! C'mon 180 troops? There are more students in most of the high scools in this country!

You're making a mistake..

Invading Norway is an other peace of shit than shit shoveling in Luisiana.
Tell that to your momma!

voiceofreason

Seeker of Truth
RedOctober said:

Tell that to your momma!
YES! Let's invade Norway, next.

We'll be up to our eyeballs in herring, Glorious HERRING !

edub1371

nervous tic, dull knife
RedOctober said:

Tell that to your momma!

Who said anything about invading Norway? Although the shoes would be cool. Oh, that is the Dutch.....well, maybe we should invade the Dutch!
I'm not quite clear on what " an other peice of than shit shoveling in Louisiana" is supposed to mean either!??! Do Louisiana turds shovel each other? Hopefully I could get some clarification on this matter.

R

RedOctober

edub1371 said:
Who said anything about invading Norway? Although the shoes would be cool. Oh, that is the Dutch.....well, maybe we should invade the Dutch!
I'm not quite clear on what " an other peice of than shit shoveling in Louisiana" is supposed to mean either!??! Do Louisiana turds shovel each other? Hopefully I could get some clarification on this matter.
Well... That strikes me!
You don't seem to know American history..
It was a subtile gesture to what your great general Patton once said ;)
The last American general who said that Americans will never lose a war... ;)

And I said...

Tell that to your momma!
Zhe Original ;)

Now I want you to remember that no bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. You won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country. Men, all this stuff you've heard about America not wanting to fight, wanting to stay out of the war, is a lot of horse dung. Americans traditionally love to fight. All real Americans, love the sting of battle. When you were kids, you all admired the champion marble shooter, the fastest runner, the big league ball players, the toughest boxers ... Americans love a winner and will not tolerate a loser. Americans play to win all the time. I wouldn't give a hoot in Hell for a man who lost and laughed. That's why Americans have never lost and will never lose a war. Because the very thought of losing is hateful to Americans. Now, an army is a team. It lives, eats, sleeps, fights as a team. This individuality stuff is a bunch of crap. The Bilious bastards who wrote that stuff about individuality for the Saturday Evening Post, don't know anything more about real battle than they do about fornicating. Now we have the finest food and equipment, the best spirit, and the best men in the world. You know ... My God, I actually pity those poor bastards we're going up against. My God, I do. We're not just going to shoot the bastards, we're going to cut out their living guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks. We're going to murder those lousy Hun bastards by the bushel. Now some of you boys, I know, are wondering whether or not you'll chicken out under fire. Don't worry about it. I can assure you that you'll all do your duty. The Nazis are the enemy. Wade into them. Spill their blood, shoot them in the belly. When you put your hand into a bunch of goo, that a moment before was your best friends face, you'll know what to do. Now there's another thing I want you to remember. I don't want to get any messages saying that we are holding our position. We're not holding anything, we'll let the Hun do that. We are advancing constantly, and we're not interested in holding onto anything except the enemy. We're going to hold onto him by the nose, and we're going to kick him in the ass. We're going to kick the hell out of him all the time, and we're going to go through him like crap through a goose. Now, there's one thing that you men will be able to say when you get back home, and you may thank God for it. Thirty years from now when you're sitting around your fireside with your grandson on your knee, and he asks you, What did you do in the great World War Two? You won't have to say, Well, I shoveled shit in Louisiana. Alright now, you sons of bitches, you know how I feel. I will be proud to lead you wonderful guys into battle anytime, anywhere. That's all.

General George S. Patton, Jr.

edub1371

nervous tic, dull knife
Well, OK I am really glad that you know what Gen. Patton said to his Soldiers. I am still curious as to where You found a suggestion to invade Norway. I thought their sending 180 troops to Iraq was a little ummmmm, well, little! That is equivalent of most companies in the Army. It is lke taking a stick to a gun fight. Why even bother? That is the point that I was getting to. But, if you want to invade Norway, then by all means go right ahead.
"Another piece of shit than shoveling shit" is still fairly nonsensical to me. I guess that you will have to break it down for me, apparently we aren't sprekinze the same lingety.

R

RedOctober

edub1371 said:
Well, OK I am really glad that you know what Gen. Patton said to his Soldiers. I am still curious as to where You found a suggestion to invade Norway. I thought their sending 180 troops to Iraq was a little ummmmm, well, little! That is equivalent of most companies in the Army. It is lke taking a stick to a gun fight. Why even bother? That is the point that I was getting to. But, if you want to invade Norway, then by all means go right ahead.
"Another piece of shit than shoveling shit" is still fairly nonsensical to me. I guess that you will have to break it down for me, apparently we aren't sprekinze the same lingety.
Well... It seems that you have never been in Norway..
The Germans invaded that country in 1940, but they didn't do quite well there. A lot of them got lost in the forests..
If you know what I mean ;)

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
edub1371 said:
You need to understand RedOctober. He often gives a response that has little or nothing to do with you question or statement. I'm unsure why, still trying to figure it out myself. He is however highly unfamiliar with American culture, as proven by his many faulty statements.
Such as:
Thinking that it's some kind of insult to call an American "cowboy".
Or his notion that all Americans eat is Pepsi and doughnuts. (When you and I both know that statistically it is proven that the average American eats only 34 doughnuts per year. That is an actual statistical figure.)
He also seems to frequent circles of conspiracy theorists. So you will often hear him spouting off about some kind of, off the wall, out of left field nonsense. Things like the Nazis having gay sex in the forests of Norway.

edub1371

nervous tic, dull knife
Well, I feel better in knowing that. I was beginning to think that I had lost my ability to comprehend the English language.