WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Nosy fuckin Mom..

my mom is such a nosy bitch. i mean dont get me wrong, i love her and everything, but when it comes to privacy, she has absolutely NO respect for me. she goes through my room WHENEVER she feels like it. she finds cigs, and throws them away and grounds me. she found this eminem song once that i wrote the lyrics to and she thought i wanted to kill people and commit suicide so she took me to a fuckin therapist and i had to go through that shit for nothing. she is so ridiculous. i mean come on, 15 and i still dont get any privacy? even in my own ROOM? she wants me to respect her, well she needs to respect me a little first. i cant deal with this shit-between her, my fuckin annoying brother, and my strict-ass dad, i think im gonna go insane!!!

You live in her house. That's her room, she just lets you stay there. She has every right to go through it, if she wants. Now, that's not something you want to hear as at 15, but it's the way it is, nonetheless.

My suggestion: Don't hide shit from her. Just deal with it, and move on. The more you act defensive, the more she'll feel you're hiding something from her. She wouldn't do it, if she didn't care. Be glad you have someone who cares.

WaFfLeS

Banned - What an Asshat!
Taylor, I swear to fucking god that is exactly what my dad would say...I'm not slepping tonight.

MaxPower

You're my number two
Staff
WaFfLeS said:
Taylor, I swear to fucking god that is exactly what my dad would say...I'm not slepping tonight.
Oh man, if this was B&T you would have just opened yourself up to a slew of sleeping with your mom jokes. You lucky dog you!

Taylor_Blade said:
Be glad you have someone who cares.
On the other hand, it sucks that her mom doesn't respect her.

The bottle breaks at both ends on this one.

Farceur

Philosophy Nazi
the sooner you realize your parents are always right, even when they're wrong, until you're 18 or get the hell out of the house, you're life will be so much easier. anyways, live by their rules, they feed you, clothe you and give you a place to say. If you don't like what i say, then you can go write in your journal about how mean that man online was. stop.whining.

imightbejesus

I Might Be Jesus... Maybe
Opinion: Parents never understand what you are thinking, when your thinking it, and why.
Fact: Parents always believe you're an ignorant child unaware of anything in the world, that it is still brand new. Seriously, all you need to do is distract her from what she's trying to do, and end up making her do what you want to do. For example, if you have her help you with your homework that she doesn't understand, she'll more likely avoid you next time to avoid the fact she doesn't know as much as you do. Be creative...

CannibaL

Banned - What an Asshat!
Deal with it I'm 15 too,but my parents are fine with the fact that I smoke a little(only whacky tobaccy for me :p),and theyre much older than you're and they relaly do know best,it can be a bitch to learn that for some,but they really do,deal with it.

Brazen

BAD, BOLD, BRAZEN
UnrealBabe said:
my mom is such a nosy bitch. i mean dont get me wrong, i love her and everything, but when it comes to privacy, she has absolutely NO respect for me. she goes through my room WHENEVER she feels like it. she finds cigs, and throws them away and grounds me. she found this eminem song once that i wrote the lyrics to and she thought i wanted to kill people and commit suicide so she took me to a fuckin therapist and i had to go through that shit for nothing. she is so ridiculous. i mean come on, 15 and i still dont get any privacy? even in my own ROOM? she wants me to respect her, well she needs to respect me a little first. i cant deal with this shit-between her, my fuckin annoying brother, and my strict-ass dad, i think im gonna go insane!!!
what do you do to get her to do this?

Taylor's right, it is her house and she can do as she wishes. When you get your own house you can do as you wish as well. Although it is shitty that she doesn't respect you.

My suggestion is that you confront her on this problem and tell her how you feel about her going through your things and she may stop. Find out what she is looking for and tell her if you have been doing what she suspects you of doing. You need to establish trust between the two of you or your relationship is worth nothing. However you shouldn't betray her trust because you are only as good as your word and you should never break promises, unless it is in an extreme situation.

Parents are always right. Believe it or not. If you're upset about your mom going trough your stuff, you ovbiously have something to hide right (ciggs..., whatever)? If she stopped finding stuff she thought was bad, she might stop snooping :) She'd learn to trust you, and would'nt feel she needed to.

My way of dealing with parent's is being a perfect angel around them.
I get away with so much stuff because my parents trust me to always do the right thing (i never mess up as far as the see right?). Ovbiously, i dont always make the best choices.
Trust is the key to happiness my friend :)