WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Headlines Not Even Candians are safe from THE PATRIOT ACT!

breakology

Kiss my Converse
LINK to Article

The United States is willing to review a British Columbia report that concludes the U.S. Patriot Act has the power to eyeball private information about Canadians, Paul Cellucci, the U.S. ambassador to Canada, said Friday.

The U.S., like Canada, is concerned about protecting the privacy rights of its citizens, but when it comes to fighting terrorists law enforcers need tools to get the job done, he said.

tzedek

Original Member
is there some kind of law against that? Personally, Im not a big fan of the patriot act. :thumbsdn:

breakology

Kiss my Converse
if by "protecting" they mean "stomping out" then I agree 100% :D

Smoke

Banned - What an Asshat!
tzedek said:
is there some kind of law against that? Personally, Im not a big fan of the patriot act. :thumbsdn:
Me either, w00t, 400th post. :thumbsup:

bigck3000

The Iron Lung
this is it canada...the begining of the end...you're well on your syrup-soaked way to becoming the 53rd state...now get rid of the sissy ass leaf flag and go talk to those black chicks, you're american now.

breakology

Kiss my Converse
tzedek said:
Actually, yes, there is a law against that ...

Amendment IV

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

Bill of Rights