WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

Not sure what to do

Ok well this is my first post so here it goes...

Well I have been knowing this girl for 5 years. We have never been anything more than just friends. When I met her she had just moved to the city where I live and didn't know anyone or have any friends. So I stepped up and became her friend. We ended up becoming best friends and are still best friends to this day. We have done a lot together and have always been there for each other in times of need. We know so much about each other and are completely comfortable with one another.We have so much in common. We can talk about anything and everything and just really be ourselves with one another. She brings out the best in me. She has been living in another state for the past several months and recently came back to town to visit her family, so it had been a while since i've seen her and hung out with her. But the short time that she has been here she has opened my eyes to a lot of things I have been missing. Before her visit I had been feeling pretty down and depressed, and just not really enjoying life. She makes each day really great and something to look forward to. She makes me want to be a better person. She is the most wonderful and most beautiful, both inside and out, that I have ever known.

Ok, so the problem is that she is in a relationship with this guy who she has been with for almost 3 years now. They don't have the best relationship from what I can tell. But I think she is afraid to be without him. They have broken up many times and I know she deserves so much more. She is afraid she won't have the support he provides her. And I think she is just scared to be without him. I understand where she is coming from, but disagree with her decision to stay with him.

The second problem is that she has no idea how I really feel about her and I am scared to death to tell her. I don't want to lose her as a friend by telling her that I am in love with her. And I don't want things to be akward between us if I was to tell her. But I am also curious if she shares any of the same feelings as me, but I am scared of rejection as well. I want to tell her so bad before she goes back home but I am not sure if I should or not. I don't know how long it will be before I get a chance to see her again. I am afraid this may be my only chance.

I Was thinking about this the other night as I went into my kitchen and grabbed a fortune cookie. I am not usually the type of person to believe what the fortune cookie says but after I cracked it open it said "Do not hide your feelings. Let other know where they stand." So that kind of was strange but maybe it is a sign...

ChilianFuckFace

Banned - What an Asshat!
This is a tricky situation. If she is leaving, and you feel like this is your last chance. I suggest you take her for a walk, to the beach or somewhere special. Maybe a place where you and her spend good times. Sit her down, bring a radio, play a good slow romantic tune.

And then tell her all you feel about her. Tell her how she makes your life happy. Tell her you are not asking her to leave her man, tell her you just wanted to show her how you felt before it was too late. That she needed to know before she left for what it could be forever.

Also, tell her that you just realize how you felt. When she came back to town. If you don't she may think you are creepy for being her friend while you liked her for so long.

You may loose her friendship but you may win the love of your life. Remember, after you open your hear to her, things will never be the same. But you must take a chance.

If she is leaving your town, your friendship will eventually loose the real friendship feeling it had once. She will find new friends where she moves and you will too. So, why not take a chance and see if this is the woman of your life?

I would. But is your decision. I hope you make the right choice.

CVN70

That's CPT. Forge to you!
Go for it dude! If it doesn't work out I mean it's not the end of the world. Like Chilian said, you might lose a friendship but you might win the love of your life. Plus, there are plenty more fish in the sea.
Man, these are the times where a guy like Hitch would come in handy.

Piro

From appaled to applauding, controversy.
You'll be kicking yourself in the gut for years to come if you don't make a move.
Rejection is a part of life, you cannot avoid it sadly. But don't go hiding away because the chance wasn't sound.

Go for it, I'm rooting for ya! :thumbsup:

thanks

thanks for everyone's support
she has been living in another state for a while now and has only been in town 2 weeks so i dont know when the next time I see her could be
I know there are plenty of other girls out there but I have never met anyone that came close to making me feel the way she does... so it would be hard to find someone like her because she is everything i could possibly want and more.
I think piro is right, I would be kicking myself in the ass for possibly years to come so I think I might go for it. She is supposed to be leaving monday so I have the weekend to do it. I will let everyone know how it goes

whether I tell her or not, I dont know. I have to work up some courage

Chris14

Fuck The Fucking Fuckers
Im in nearly the exact same state as you are, minus the boyfriend + 4 years, I told her how I felt and I felt 100 times better afterwards.....All I can tell you is to do it no matter what your gut,heart or brain tell you....its worth it man....trust me....