WTF ... IS WTF!?
We are a collective of people who believe in freedom of speech, the rights of individuals, and free pancakes! We share our lives, struggles, frustrations, successes, joys, and prescribe to our own special brand of humor and insanity. If you are looking for a great place to hang out, make new friends, find new nemeses, and just be yourself, WTF.com is your new home.

nVidia GeForce 7800 GTX specifications confirmed

Jung

???
Premium
The source is Dutch; it was translated with http://www.systranbox.com/
Specifications nVidia GeForce 7800 GTX confirmed

The information on the nVidia GeForce 7800 Gtx-videokaart, earlier leaked out, proves be valid. Tweakers.net have got the official specifications of new G70-core recent in hands and these appear very good come with the rumours: It becomes 0,11µ-core with a bell speed of 430MHz, provides with 24 pixel pipelines and 8 vertex shaders. In G70-core renewed shaderarchitectuur are (CineFX 4.0) the presently those performances of particularly Shader model 3.0-spellen considerably would improve nVidia claimt in the document which certain shaders as much as two times can be carried out this way rapidly on G70 then on NV45, particularly thanks to a new design of the texture Units. It is aimed specifically on Hdr-effecten (high dynamic range) with 64-bits floating point textures. This technique the belichting more of course to leave come be used among other things intensively in Unreal Engine 3.0. according to our information the card in practice approximately 50% than the GeForce 6800 ultra faster will be, and between 18,000 and the 20,000 points score in 3DMark03.

The GeForce 7-serie beside better performances also something better must deliver a quality product than the current generation. Under the denominator Intellisample 4.0 a number of relatively small improvements has been, as it happens, introduced in the field of anti-aliasing (AA) and anisotropic filtering (AF). Also the video decoder is getweakt for better performances and quality. Furthermore is interesting know that the card is arranged for the new architecture of Longhorn. Most likely the Windows Graphics foundation (version 1.0) is meant. This meanss among other things that the chip to multithreading can do.

The card - which the slogan gets "Full Throttle Graphics" - will be shown on Computex (31 May up to 4 June) by Asus and MSI, but it is unclear if nVidia will announce him on that grant also. Earlier rumours spoke, as it happens, concerning 22 June. Finally we can present still a photograph of the new card. What immediately is notable the compact cooler, which seems only one confiscate lock, is. Although the information on the requirement seems Watt feeding be correct 400, however, the warmth development possibly therefore nevertheless turns out better than expected.

Descent

Hella Constipated
God fucking damnit, every time I upgrade I always fall a generation behind :mad:. Looks like my 6800 will be SOMEWHAT dated after I buy it...

Awesome card, though. I think this is going to be nVidia's equivalent of the 9700 Pro.

Jung

???
Premium
Descent said:
I think this is going to be nVidia's equivalent of the 9700 Pro.
Huh? I'm assuming you're being sarcastic, because I can see no relation otherwise... but I never know with you. This card will more than out perform everything else on the market.

FUCKORBEFUCKED

Pissed off since birth
junglizm said:
Huh? I'm assuming you're being sarcastic, because I can see no relation otherwise... but I never know with you. This card will more than out perform everything else on the market.
He'll find a way to make it overheat.

Descent

Hella Constipated
junglizm said:
How did you miss that? I'm talking about one-upping the competition here. The 6800 Ultra was finished months after ATi finished their R400 (X800) deisgn.

Remember how much faster the 9700 Pro was at launch than the TI4600? That's what I'm talking about.

Missles said:
$9700 == $teh_suX0rz;
What card are you pushin'? That post sounded like Auto Poster 2.0 wrote it.

Jung

???
Premium
Descent said:
How did you miss that? I'm talking about one-upping the competition here. The 6800 Ultra was finished months after ATi finished their R400 (X800) deisgn.

Remember how much faster the 9700 Pro was at launch than the TI4600? That's what I'm talking about.
I know I've said time and time again that video cards are one thing I don't keep up with. I know nothing of the 9700 though, I think I had a 7500 around that time, then an 8500 and Ti4600 and 9800. I liked the Ti the best, though.

The GT and Ultra cards are beating out the x800s right now though. (performance wise) In the top you've got the 850 and XT PE cards, then SLI. I guess Nvidia realizes that SLI is a very niche market, and this might be to preemptively counter ATI's multi-rendering? (I forget what it's called.) Regardless, this card is going to be a monster.

BRiT

CRaZY
Founder
junglizm said:
I guess Nvidia realizes that SLI is a very niche market, and this might be to preemptively counter ATI's multi-rendering? (I forget what it's called.) Regardless, this card is going to be a monster.
ATI's multicard rendering technology is coined CrossFire.

You have to carefully read the specs on this card. The 50% faster claim only applies to HDR FloatingPoint blending. The 6800Ultra drops down to 25-50% of its nonFPB-performance when FloatingPoint Blending is used.

For genuine discussions and information on videocards, go to the definitive source -- http://www.beyond3D.com/.

Descent

Hella Constipated
Junglizm said:
I know I've said time and time again that video cards are one thing I don't keep up with. I know nothing of the 9700 though, I think I had a 7500 around that time, then an 8500 and Ti4600 and 9800. I liked the Ti the best, though.
Heh...The 9700 Pro is a fucking speed demon, man. With 4x FSAA on I can run HL2:DM at a solid 60fps - No fluctuation except for the rubble pile in Overwatch. However, WoW doesn't run nicely with FSAA enabled.

It's amazing that in Summer (Fall?) '02 that thing launched, and it's still such a viable gaming card today.

As for the whole ATi vs. nVidia thing, I like both. I want to go nVidia next time and give them another go.